Chats

Default Garage door keypad help

I cant for the life of me figure out how to change the keypad for the opener.
    Untitled by John Welsh, on Flickr

its a 5 digit code and all I can find are pdfs for one that has a 3 digit or 9 digit.

Untitled by John Welsh, on Flickr
    The yahoo answers said something of a learn button but yeah this may have been made before buttons were invented. I snagged a homelink from a Ford visor to see if that works and it does so Im going to find a way to make it work in my XJ but the wife wants the keypad to work for when her Renegade is in the garage and she doesnt feel like going through the front door even though its faster. And she hates the idea of an app that connects to a raspberry pi to trigger relays to open or close the garage, that was my simple solution.
    There are no rocks, log trails or public land here so Iím building a mall crawler... Dawn of the Dead style!!!

Chats

Default Re: Garage door keypad help

Have you looked at Youtube yet, for programming the clicker keypad?? Also how do you know it is a 5 pin keypad, do you already have a code that works currently?? I have found two videos both from the same person on Youtube, he does installs of garage door openers.. One shows how to program the keypad from scratch, and one shows how to change the pin used to open the door... Figure if nothing else, you might be able to hit this guy up and get some help getting the setup like you are trying to do...

Programming Clicker Keypad
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWDG5ze-_n8

Changing Pin
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bb1ynWxMUOo
    Last edited by bluedragon436; 04-28-2016 at 01:33 AM.
    FORMER GREEN XJ CLUB MEMBER
    IF YOU DON'T STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS, FEEL FREE TO STAND IN FRONT OF THEM!!
    DOING SOMETHING JUST BECAUSE YOUR BUDDY DOES IT THAT WAY MAKES AS MUCH SENSE AS SHARING TOOTHBRUSHES

Chats

Under Helpful Hints (p.1) for the Clicker keypad it notes : If a incorrect 4 digit PIN is entered then the correct 4 digit PIN must be entered followed by a additional digit. This is for the CLK1.

http://lib.store.yahoo.net/lib/aaare...structions.pdf
    Last edited by slvmart; 04-28-2016 at 05:08 AM.

Chats

Quote Originally Posted by bluedragon436 View Post
    Have you looked at Youtube yet, for programming the clicker keypad?? Also how do you know it is a 5 pin keypad, do you already have a code that works currently?? I have found two videos both from the same person on Youtube, he does installs of garage door openers.. One shows how to program the keypad from scratch, and one shows how to change the pin used to open the door... Figure if nothing else, you might be able to hit this guy up and get some help getting the setup like you are trying to do...

Programming Clicker Keypad
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWDG5ze-_n8

Changing Pin
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bb1ynWxMUOo
    Yeah the current code is 5 digits and i was having issues finding a video cause people seem to like to call many things cliker that arent actually a clicker. Like how we use the word bandaid. Been having trouble with internet devices lately. Long story.
    There are no rocks, log trails or public land here so Iím building a mall crawler... Dawn of the Dead style!!!

Chats

Quote Originally Posted by slvmart View Post
    Under Helpful Hints (p.1) for the Clicker keypad it notes : If a incorrect 4 digit PIN is entered then the correct 4 digit PIN must be entered followed by a additional digit. This is for the CLK1.

http://lib.store.yahoo.net/lib/aaare...structions.pdf
    Battery is out now so Ill freely share my code. They set 19550. So 1955 by its self didnt work but that 0 at the end did lift the door. Im thinking if i chaane it to 1999 for my XJ then id need to type in 19990 for it to work?

Chats

Quote Originally Posted by Joliet Johnny View Post
    Battery is out now so Ill freely share my code. They set 19550. So 1955 by its self didnt work but that 0 at the end did lift the door. Im thinking if i chaane it to 1999 for my XJ then id need to type in 19990 for it to work?
    Yeah I would think that would be correct, for a new combination of numbers for a new code..
    FORMER GREEN XJ CLUB MEMBER
    IF YOU DON'T STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS, FEEL FREE TO STAND IN FRONT OF THEM!!
    DOING SOMETHING JUST BECAUSE YOUR BUDDY DOES IT THAT WAY MAKES AS MUCH SENSE AS SHARING TOOTHBRUSHES