Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Chats

Default Re: Could use a few prayers

Quote Originally Posted by Brasscatz View Post
    Thanks, buddy. All I know is that I had a customer that sold roofs and made a killing. I know I'm not the salesman he is, but if I'm half of what he is... well I'll be very well off.

I'll keep looking for a job in the automotive industry... in fact, I have a phone interview with AutoTrader today at 4pm for a different position than before. We'll see what they have to say about it. I was offered a service advisor position within my dealership, but I wanted out. I will lose my longevity check that comes in next month, but I REALLY needed to get out of there. Who knows... maybe I'll be back in that capacity.
    I suspect that in a few years you'll look back at all the turmoil as unpleasant but very happy it happened.

Chats

Well, I hate to jump the gun, but that phone interview with AutoTrader went well. It's not my dream position like the other one was, but it could still double my old salary and solve a LOT of problems! Since the last interview process with AutoTrader took almost 2 months for them to get back to me, I'm not going to hold my breath and I'll keep chugging along with the roofing gig until I know something. I bought myself a 17' ladder and a roof rack for the civic to cart it around lol. The Jeep would take too much money to get back on the road, so civic it is!
    You gonna have better hours now? Weekends off? I know how hard that was on you.

Sent via messenger pigeon. I talk, he types.

Chats

Quote Originally Posted by XJ Wheeler View Post
    You gonna have better hours now? Weekends off? I know how hard that was on you.

With roofing, I'll make my own hours. Obviously, the more I work, the more potential I have to earn money. So, I foresee weekends, yes, but not a 12.5 hour saturday like car sales.

With AutoTrader, there will be a lot of overnight travel but weekends and holidays off. The paychecks will make that worth it. And I'm used to a little bit of travel.

Chats

With roofing, I'll make my own hours. Obviously, the more I work, the more potential I have to earn money. So, I foresee weekends, yes, but not a 12.5 hour saturday like car sales.

With AutoTrader, there will be a lot of overnight travel but weekends and holidays off. The paychecks will make that worth it. And I'm used to a little bit of travel.
    That's definitely an improvement! Was just thinking it's been a long time since we wrenched.

Chats

Well, I didn't get the job with AutoTrader. I'm pretty bummed about that. Guess I'm going to be hitting this roofing job pretty hard!

Chats

A job is better than no job.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123