Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Chats

Default Re: Could use a few prayers

It'll all work out, you'll do great. You're a natural!

Sent via messenger pigeon. I talk, he types.

Chats

Well, here goes. Wish me luck starting my new job tomorrow. It's going to be interesting. I'll be training for pretty much the first month, so if you're near Houston and wanting to buy a car... hold off for a month

Chats

GL Jim.. You'll do fine, I'm sure... If I were closer and in the market for a new ride... I'd hit you up... give you a commission!!
    FORMER GREEN XJ CLUB MEMBER
    IF YOU DON'T STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS, FEEL FREE TO STAND IN FRONT OF THEM!!
    DOING SOMETHING JUST BECAUSE YOUR BUDDY DOES IT THAT WAY MAKES AS MUCH SENSE AS SHARING TOOTHBRUSHES

Chats

You got this man. Good luck.

Sent from my LGLS770 using Tapatalk

Chats

Good luck Jim
    230 hp 4.3L Chevy
    Built 4L60E with manual lockout
    Atlas 4 speed
    Griffin radiator
    On board air
    Warn 9.5ti on custom bumper
    7.5" RE front and bastard pack rear on custom long arms
    30 gal gas tank
    lockers
    And a bunch of other stuff

Chats

Good luck Jim and welcome to the CDJR selling family. Have fun with the training! I was there not that long ago. You'll do fine.

Chats

Thanks everybody. Yesterday, I made my first "split sale" where me and another dude shared the sale. (Really, he did all the work, I just greeted them and tried to get the ball rolling). BUT today, I made my first official unassisted sale! I will probably never have another sale as easy as this one. Basically, the dude came in and said "I want this truck, let's take a test drive" which we did and when we parked he said "I'm buying this truck, tell your manager I'll write a check for 25k cash". And the deal was done. Holy cow, right?

Chats

Great job Jim. I like those laydown sales! They don't happen that often though, most you have to fight for!

Chats

Well, 6.5 months in and I am still here. Been searching for another job the entire time with not much luck.... until now I found a position with AutoTrader and the job description sounds like a DREAM! I was one of 16 applicants that had a phone interview, but only 1 of a few that made it to a face-to-face interview! The interview yesterday went well. The guy really seemed to like me a lot. We talked for a good hour and a half!

Everybody PLEASE say some prayers for me... I want and need this job so bad. It'll put us back financially sound again, and I know that I'll love what I do again.

Chats

Sounding good!

Sent via messenger pigeon. I talk, he types.

Chats

Well, I didn't get the gig with AutoTrader... they decided to take the easy road and move an internal employee to the position. Farkers.

On another note, I just can't afford to feed my family on 100 per car sold... the car business isn't what it used to be. Keep that in mind when buying your next vehicle... that 1000 you're arguing over really affects your salesman's paycheck when it only affects your payments by 20-ish.

I'm tired of rolling out the red carpet for ungrateful customers only to earn 100 before taxes. The amount of time and service I provide is worth way more than that.

On a happier note, I quit my job selling cars and will begin selling roofing work! I still don't want to be in sales, but I know that you can make a good living in roofs.

So if anybody is in the Houston area and need roofing work, or if you know anybody who does... give me a call! My company will pay UP TO 300 for a referral!! 832-874-1577

Chats

Quote Originally Posted by Brasscatz View Post
    Well, I didn't get the gig with AutoTrader... they decided to take the easy road and move an internal employee to the position. Farkers.

On another note, I just can't afford to feed my family on 100 per car sold... the car business isn't what it used to be. Keep that in mind when buying your next vehicle... that 1000 you're arguing over really affects your salesman's paycheck when it only affects your payments by 20-ish.

I'm tired of rolling out the red carpet for ungrateful customers only to earn 100 before taxes. The amount of time and service I provide is worth way more than that.

On a happier note, I quit my job selling cars and will begin selling roofing work! I still don't want to be in sales, but I know that you can make a good living in roofs.

So if anybody is in the Houston area and need roofing work, or if you know anybody who does... give me a call! My company will pay UP TO 300 for a referral!! 832-874-1577
    I saw the last day post the other day and I was hopeful that you had got that job, but saw something about roofing. Wasn't sure if you were being Jim or that was really what you were going to do. I know it's tough but keep plugging away you'll find your spot.

Chats

Quote Originally Posted by Mudderoy View Post
    I saw the last day post the other day and I was hopeful that you had got that job, but saw something about roofing. Wasn't sure if you were being Jim or that was really what you were going to do. I know it's tough but keep plugging away you'll find your spot.
    Thanks, buddy. All I know is that I had a customer that sold roofs and made a killing. I know I'm not the salesman he is, but if I'm half of what he is... well I'll be very well off.

I'll keep looking for a job in the automotive industry... in fact, I have a phone interview with AutoTrader today at 4pm for a different position than before. We'll see what they have to say about it. I was offered a service advisor position within my dealership, but I wanted out. I will lose my longevity check that comes in next month, but I REALLY needed to get out of there. Who knows... maybe I'll be back in that capacity.

Chats

Sent one up for you Jim
    230 hp 4.3L Chevy
    Built 4L60E with manual lockout
    Atlas 4 speed
    Griffin radiator
    On board air
    Warn 9.5ti on custom bumper
    7.5" RE front and bastard pack rear on custom long arms
    30 gal gas tank
    lockers
    And a bunch of other stuff

Chats

Well, I hate to jump the gun, but that phone interview with AutoTrader went well. It's not my dream position like the other one was, but it could still double my old salary and solve a LOT of problems! Since the last interview process with AutoTrader took almost 2 months for them to get back to me, I'm not going to hold my breath and I'll keep chugging along with the roofing gig until I know something. I bought myself a 17' ladder and a roof rack for the civic to cart it around lol. The Jeep would take too much money to get back on the road, so civic it is!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast