Thread: Scanners?

Chats

Default Scanners?

This is one of my favorite tools.

Chats

Default Re: Scanners ?

I just use one of those AMAZON special ELM327 wifi ones that works for APPLE and Android products. Works for what I want to use it for but isn't as in depth as some of those high in units. But I can't complain for 20 bucks and a free app.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00MP6GSWQ?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailp age_o00_s00"]Amazon.com : PWOW®ELM327 OBDII Car Auto Diagnostic Scanner Adapter Reader, WIFI Wireless ELM327 Diagnostic Scanner for iPhone4S/5/iPad4/iPad mini/PC in XP System, with Micro Disk : Car Electronics@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51-iNGpIRjL.@@AMEPARAM@@51-iNGpIRjL[/ame]
    1995 XJ / 4.0L / AW4 / D30 w/No-Slip Locker / C8.25 / UPCOUNTRY spec suspension / 235/75R15

Chats

I was able to get mine from a local mechanic for cheap, complete w/books and more cartridges/connections than I need. It only covers vehicles up to 1998. My problem is I have the older connection under the hood, and most of the newer stuff won't work on mine. There are still some on e bay, but if you ever get one make sure you get the cartridges/connections for jeeps.

Chats

Default Re: Scanners?

I have an ethos plus not that i need it for a 93xj
    But for my other trucks it is needed.

Chats

Quote Originally Posted by downsy View Post
    I just use one of those AMAZON special ELM327 wifi ones that works for APPLE and Android products. Works for what I want to use it for but isn't as in depth as some of those high in units. But I can't complain for 20 bucks and a free app.

Amazon.com : PWOW®ELM327 OBDII Car Auto Diagnostic Scanner Adapter Reader, WIFI Wireless ELM327 Diagnostic Scanner for iPhone4S/5/iPad4/iPad mini/PC in XP System, with Micro Disk : Car Electronics
    What app do you use on Apple? I bought a 10 prepaid Android phone to use the torque app and Im tired of that phone living in my center console.
    There are no rocks, log trails or public land here so I’m building a mall crawler... Dawn of the Dead style!!!

Chats

Default Re: Scanners?

Right now I'm using an app called 4 stroke.

Sent from my iPhone
    Last edited by 4.3LXJ; 02-09-2016 at 10:08 AM.
    1995 XJ / 4.0L / AW4 / D30 w/No-Slip Locker / C8.25 / UPCOUNTRY spec suspension / 235/75R15