Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Chats

Default Re: Prayer request for my mother

initial tests reveal no changes in her brain, but a lot of cloudiness in her lungs and severely high white blood cell count. Could be pneumonia, could be congestive heart failure. They are leaning towards pneumonia with sepsis currently. She's being admitted to the ICU again. I really hate being 4 hours away from her during this, but I'm still not over the latest stomach bug that's going through my family and I don't want to pass anything off on her that could.... you know.

Chats

Quote Originally Posted by Brasscatz View Post
    Thanks guys.

Got a call from dad early this morning. Mom collapsed sometime during the night and was too weak to even lift her arms for dad to help her up. He had to call 911 and go in to the emergency room.

She did have/still has a sinus infection. She has been declining very rapidly the last week or so. Slept the entire day yesterday and hasn't been eating and drinking hardly anything.

My wife and I were planning a trip up there on the weekend of the 10th so she could see her granddaughter again, but we've all been sick off and on the last few weeks. Not a good thing to bring to a cancer patient.

I've been pretty reluctant to call her since she got her diagnosis because I know she's weak and needs sleep and her throat hurts from the chemo. But I can't help feeling like I'm a horrible son for not talking to her on the phone. We've texted a lot. I've also been sending her as many pictures and videos of my daughter as I can. After all... she's only been able to see her 3 times since she was born.

This sucks.
    Get you some masks and gloves to wear and go see her.

Chats

Quote Originally Posted by Mudderoy View Post
    Get you some masks and gloves to wear and go see her.
    But do I want to chance it. If by some freak .0001% chance that she still catches something from me, do I want to chance being the one to cause premature......

Thing is, no matter what, if I go up there and there's further complications, there's nothing in this world that would be able to convince me that I didn't cause it. I need to trust in the doctors and God that she'll pull through this and I'll get to see her soon, and she'll get to see Dylan soon.

I was kicking myself earlier thinking about how I didn't take any pictures of her holding Dylan on their last visit. It brought me to tears when I asked my dad if he had any and he sent me some. They were taken days before she went in to the ER and got the diagnosis and she still looked like herself.

Chats

Jim i know your struggle. You want to be there but not if you will cause harm. Have faith in God and keep texting and calling. Your mom knows you want to be there and that probably means the world to her. I will continue to pray for her recovery and for strength for your family.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547

Chats

There's no change as of today. She is still unresponsive to stimuli and people. She'll be awake, but it seems as if she can't see or hear anybody or maybe there's just something affecting her communications center of her brain and she knows everything that's going on but cannot respond. I'm planning on going up tonight... just in case.

Limited exposure to me and my germs will be best...

Chats

Sorry to hear that Jim. Same sort of thing happened to my mother. It is never easy
    230 hp 4.3L Chevy
    Built 4L60E with manual lockout
    Atlas 4 speed
    Griffin radiator
    On board air
    Warn 9.5ti on custom bumper
    7.5" RE front and bastard pack rear on custom long arms
    30 gal gas tank
    lockers
    And a bunch of other stuff

Chats

She may just be in a state of shock or something. Hoping and praying for the best. Safe trip bro.

Sent via messenger pigeon - i talk, he types.

Chats

Thanks guys. I made it up here several hours ago (thank God I didn't get pulled over for speeding) and sat with her for a while holding her hand. She would lightly squeeze it sometimes, but it could be her tremors. I'll believe that she knew she was holding my hand. I talked to her and even though she didn't show outward signs of anything.... I know she heard me. The nurses got her to wake up briefly while they changed her bi-pap mask and I was able to show her photos and videos of my daughter, which she did watch. Dad is sleeping in the room with her and I'm trying to sleep in the waiting room now. It's amazing to me that they don't have more places to lay down and don't allow the lights to be turned off in here.
    Your thoughts and prayers are so very appreciated, and please keep them coming. Things do not look good at all right now, but she needs to beat this infection so she can get back to fighting her cancer.

Chats

Oh, and yes, I wore a mask and washed and sanitized the Hell out of my hands pray that she doesn't catch anything from me...

Chats

Oh, and yes, I wore a mask and washed and sanitized the Hell out of my hands pray that she doesn't catch anything from me...
    Prayers for your Mother and you. Tell one of the nurses about your concerns about contamination, they may have a paper gown or scrubs you could put on over your clothes. I'm glad you decided to go see her, it's no fun watching our parents get old. All the best to you.

Chats

She's been in for a week now. Still unresponsive. They had to put her on a ventilator which isn't good. She was breathing above what the machine was giving her, so they actually turned it off for a day, but had to turn it back on again. When I was up there, I saw her reach up and scratch her face, I asked if she was ok and she nodded! But that was the only time that happened. Before I left on Saturday, she took my hand in both of hers and rubbed it for a while... seemed like a pretty promising sign. She hasn't displayed much activity since I left, though. Her temp went back up and her white cell count sky-rocketed again. I think I'll be making another trip up at the end of this week. We (sister, dad and I) were told to have a conversation about a "DNR". Apparently, mom told her best friend that she wanted to fight, but if she got to where she was being kept alive by machines, then she wanted to be let go. We reached the agreement that as long as we/mom can fight, then we're going to fight like hell. But if we can't fight anymore.... then we'll have to let her go. She's not to that point yet, thank the Lord.

Bless my wife's heart... she has been working and taking care of our 6-month-old all by herself when I'm away. It's not an easy job and that makes me reluctant to leave again, but she supports me 100%. She is such a beautiful soul and I'm beyond lucky to have her.

I've been feeling much better lately, and I'm tempted to not wear a mask this time when I see mom. It's been nice to hold her hand, but I want to kiss her hand or her cheek not through a mask.... but I'm scared to chance it.

Chats

She had a really major seizure this morning. They just found something else in her brain. A type of infection of a sort that sometimes happens because of the brain tumors and radiation. It's growing fast. Irreversible. They're going to let her go. I need to decide if I'm going to go up there for it.

Chats

She had a really major seizure this morning. They just found something else in her brain. A type of infection of a sort that sometimes happens because of the brain tumors and radiation. It's growing fast. Irreversible. They're going to let her go. I need to decide if I'm going to go up there for it.
    So sorry Jim.

Chats

Sorry man. Prayers for you in this difficult time

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547

Chats

Sorry to hear about that... Still more prayers out for her and family!!
    FORMER GREEN XJ CLUB MEMBER
    IF YOU DON'T STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS, FEEL FREE TO STAND IN FRONT OF THEM!!
    DOING SOMETHING JUST BECAUSE YOUR BUDDY DOES IT THAT WAY MAKES AS MUCH SENSE AS SHARING TOOTHBRUSHES

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast