Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Chats

Default Re: Harbor freight tools info and more

My wife gets nervous when i go to HF........

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547

Chats

Does she raid your wallet and only leave you bare minimum when you go? Lol I know I work there lol.
    Dorian Sr.

Chats

I have to stop myself sometimes when I go in there.. I have gotten down to now I only go when I absolutely need something from there... that way I can do my best to walk in to get that one thing and usually only snag one or two other items on the way to or from that item I originally went for.. Like the last time I went, I was going to pick up a set of Metric impact deep well sockets... figured while I was there, might as well pick up a set of standard impact deep well sockets.... and snagged two more sets of the orange tie down straps while the coupon I had was still valid... and then got a 50ft garden hose, so I could hook up and test out my 69 HF 1600 psi pressure washer I had picked up on a previous visit.. Lets just say I can see that bad boy coming in real handy... for as long as it wants to run that is... and when it dies.. well that's what I have the warranty for... trade it in no questions asked..
    FORMER GREEN XJ CLUB MEMBER
    IF YOU DON'T STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS, FEEL FREE TO STAND IN FRONT OF THEM!!
    DOING SOMETHING JUST BECAUSE YOUR BUDDY DOES IT THAT WAY MAKES AS MUCH SENSE AS SHARING TOOTHBRUSHES

Chats

You know how when we go shopping with them they gotta look at every blouse in the store? She says thats me at HF...hahaha.

Chats

Sub'd, thanks for the info man
    My build; Project ASAT (All Seasons, All Terrain)-http://www.xjtalk.com/showthread.php?t=16793

My faith in Christ does not make me perfect or better, just forgiven!

Chats

Was just at the one i frequent the other day. Picked up a hex bit set. Had some entertainment too. Couple dozen cop cars swarming the area and finally taken down one of four robbery suspects one block down at a gas station. Shots fired, chase, the whole shabang. Two got away.

Sent via messenger pigeon - i talk, he types.
    Last edited by XJ Wheeler; 04-30-2015 at 01:24 PM.

Chats

My strategy with HF is I go in with a 20% coupon and one to get a free flashlight or something and I allow myself one purchased item and one free one. Its awesum and horrible that we have one within bike riding distance. So far Ive only been let down with that 19.99 impact but maybe when I get around to breaking it open and working on it it will be a good tool?
    There are no rocks, log trails or public land here so Iím building a mall crawler... Dawn of the Dead style!!!

Chats

My wife always asks "do you really need that" and i reply do you and our daughters need 200 pair of shoes? Usually ends the debate..lol

Chats

just bought the shrinker and stretcher to make my own fender flares, with the 20% coupon.

i saw the 12000 badland winch and the coupon says last markdown??? ends, end of febuary.
    Last edited by myjeep; 01-11-2016 at 11:20 AM.

Chats

Quote Originally Posted by Joliet Johnny View Post
    My strategy with HF is I go in with a 20% coupon and one to get a free flashlight or something and I allow myself one purchased item and one free one. Its awesum and horrible that we have one within bike riding distance. So far Ive only been let down with that 19.99 impact but maybe when I get around to breaking it open and working on it it will be a good tool?
    What were you using it for when it quit working?? I've used my 19.99 impact for all kinds of stuff, without fail... Should start putting my purchases of items that I get the extended warranty on, so I can know when they come due, so if needed or if they have been used quite a bit, I can swap em out for a new one before hand...

Quote Originally Posted by myjeep View Post
    just bought the shrinker and stretcher to make my own fender flares, with the 20% coupon.

i saw the 12000 badland winch and the coupon says last markdown??? ends, end of febuary.
    Guess that means I'm going to have to print out the coupon and go purchase one, finally... Wish I could get the 12k version that doesn't have the auto tension portion.. since I plan on converting over to synthetic line, won't need or be able to use that setup...
    FORMER GREEN XJ CLUB MEMBER
    IF YOU DON'T STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS, FEEL FREE TO STAND IN FRONT OF THEM!!
    DOING SOMETHING JUST BECAUSE YOUR BUDDY DOES IT THAT WAY MAKES AS MUCH SENSE AS SHARING TOOTHBRUSHES

Chats

there quart spray gun the 15.00 one. Is hands down on of the better one's out there.
    Before it died. It did 9 equipment trailers and 7 tractors. And 2 ditch witch 3700 trenchers.
    And a handful of other things. The spray was great it did take me sometime to get it set up.
    But after i had it dialed in. It was almost better than my HVLP system. I do know that the Orings didn't like the cleaner I ran through the last time. The lacquer thinner turned them into goo.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12