Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Chats

Default Re: Prayer request for my pregnant wife

They got all kinds of stuff at MD-A and hopes they would over there.

But thats not too bad on the Bp. She'll be fine bro. My moms handled far higher. And she's older and has an aneurysm. Like 200/120.

Sent via messenger pigeon - i talk, he types.

Chats

Ok, latest update. Diagnosis is severe preeclampsia. They're going to try to get her to 34 weeks, but that might be optimistic. She got more sleep last night as the night before only let her sleep 10-20 minutes at a time for a grand total of about an hour. Her spirits are much higher today.

Looks like my daughter will be born extremely soon, and will be in NICU for several weeks.

We have come to terms with this and our morale is high. Anything could still happen, but we'll cross those bridges as they come.

Thanks to everybody for the continued thoughts and prayers, they mean the world

Chats

Glad to see it is at least figured out. Best wishes to you and your soon to be increasing family
    230 hp 4.3L Chevy
    Built 4L60E with manual lockout
    Atlas 4 speed
    Griffin radiator
    On board air
    Warn 9.5ti on custom bumper
    7.5" RE front and bastard pack rear on custom long arms
    30 gal gas tank
    lockers
    And a bunch of other stuff

Chats

Quote Originally Posted by Brasscatz View Post
    Ok, so not great news it's probably preeclampsia which is dangerous for both. She will be in a minimum of 3 days. If her bp goes too high again she's not going home until the baby is delivered. She won't make it to the April 27th due date, and they say no matter what, Dylan will be in the NICU. This is terrifying...
    I hate to hear this. Keep spirits up and hope for the best. I bet it's still going to turn out okay, you'll just have to keep calm and trust the man upstairs.

Chats

My wife had similar issues during her pregnancy. She was put on limited activity early in the pregnancy, then had to go three times each week for fetal stress tests. At about 34 weeks she was admitted and stayed in the hospital because her blood pressure was way too high (around 200 over something at one point). She was given steroids to ensure the baby's lungs were developed, and there were several times when we anticipated an emergency C-section. An amnio was done at 36 weeks - on my birthday - to make sure the lungs were developed. A C-section was done the following day, and my daughter was small - 5lbs 10 ounces, 17 inches - but she was healthy and was discharged from the hospital before my wife! My daughter is now five and is a normal, healthy, active kid that tests our patience on a regular basis.

Believe me, I know it is terrifying when you think about all the bad things that can happen - I was a wreck during the last few months of the pregnancy - but know that having a premature baby is no longer as high of risk as it once was. Between the advancements made in medicine and help from above, I'm sure your wife and child will be just fine.

Chats

Ok update time. Lauren's blood pressure has been higher yesterday and today, but otherwise we're still doing ok. We had an ultrasound yesterday and today the doctor came in to tell us that the baby weighs less than 4 lbs right now. EXTREMELY small for 8 months pregnant. Hopefully, if we can make it to 34 weeks, she'll gain that little bit of weight and make it to 4 lbs which will give her a better fighting chance after delivery. They are still going to let her cook for as long as she can until it's no longer safe to stay in.

Spirits are still high, though Lauren is getting very antsy. We were told that if she continues to do well, we might get to make a trip in a wheelchair outside so she can actually see the sun. She's been inside without so much of a view of outside since Tuesday morning.

As for me, I'm doing ok other than my back. Some of you know that I have some spinal degeneration happening and the rock hard "bed" that I've been sleeping on is taking its toll. It's worth every minute as long as I can stay up here with her, though.

Chats

Glad to hear the update and continuing to pray for you all

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547

Chats

Getting out and around sounds nice! Glad she's getting ansy, if she wasn't she would be worrying.

Still praying, she's a fighter!

Sent via messenger pigeon - i talk, he types.

Chats

Latest update: The baby will be delivered on Sunday if she can hold on that long. It's exciting and scary at the same time lol.

Also, I accidentally bumped Lauren's bed last night with my chair and it startled her really bad. BP spiked very high and stayed high for most of the night. It's back down to a decently low level today, though. She did have to have her IV changed, and that was extremely painful for her and she was jabbed twice. I don't like the nurse that did that at all. She's just really cold and doesn't seem to care. Most of the other nurses are angels though.

Chats

Hang in brother..and unfortunatly some medical professionals are very impersonal..prating all goes well

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547

Chats

Hoping and praying it all comes out well in the end
    230 hp 4.3L Chevy
    Atlas 4 speed
    Griffin radiator
    On board air
    30 gal gas tank
    lockers

Chats

Will be praying for your wife, baby, and you - I know it is a very stressful time but all will be well.

My wife had excellent care but did have one nurse that annoyed her, and one that really hurt her when trying to insert an IV...in the inside of her wrist. It was all I could do to not deck him. She was running out of good places for the IVs by that point, but that still wasn't a good choice...

Quote Originally Posted by Brasscatz View Post
    Latest update: The baby will be delivered on Sunday if she can hold on that long. It's exciting and scary at the same time lol.

Also, I accidentally bumped Lauren's bed last night with my chair and it startled her really bad. BP spiked very high and stayed high for most of the night. It's back down to a decently low level today, though. She did have to have her IV changed, and that was extremely painful for her and she was jabbed twice. I don't like the nurse that did that at all. She's just really cold and doesn't seem to care. Most of the other nurses are angels though.

Chats

Latest update: Her amniotic fluid is low. They are going to deliver her in the morning.... let the anxiety begin

Chats

prayers are with ya bud
    230 hp 4.3L Chevy
    Atlas 4 speed
    Griffin radiator
    On board air
    30 gal gas tank
    lockers

Chats

I'm sorry it took me so long to update, but I'm happy to announce that at 8:05-a.m. weighing in at 3 lbs 6 oz and measuring only 15" long... Dylan MacKenzie Fulbright was born! Mother and child are doing well so far!

Thank you to everybody here that kept us in their thoughts and prayers!! It really helped us get through this

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1426977275108.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	2.48 MB 
ID:	7214Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1426977295700.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	2.40 MB 
ID:	7215Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1426977316863.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	1.59 MB