Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Smartphones

Chats

Default Re: Smartphones

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/IP_Code

I just learned about this as well.

Chats

I have a Galaxy S4 in a Trident case. The case makes it a perfect size to hold onto I think. The phone itself is so thin I didn't like it. With the case though it's perfect. It's been dropped and knocked around and I've had no problems at all. Plus the camera is phenomenal.

My employer issued work phone is also a S4, in an Otter Box case. I actually like the Trident case better. Much more comfortable when talking on the phone, and I think it's more cushiony for the phone.
    Last edited by KMW-NWXJ; 03-03-2015 at 02:25 PM.

Chats

Quote Originally Posted by denverd1 View Post
    IP rating?
    IP rating for the S5 from what I read on multiple sources is IP67 (S5 rated for 1m of water for up to 30minutes)

IP= IP Ratings (Ingress Protection) A two-digit number established by the International Electro Technical Commission, is used to provide an Ingress Protection rating to a piece of electronic equipment or to an enclosure for electronic equipment.
    Last edited by bluedragon436; 03-03-2015 at 02:42 PM.
    FORMER GREEN XJ CLUB MEMBER
    IF YOU DON'T STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS, FEEL FREE TO STAND IN FRONT OF THEM!!
    DOING SOMETHING JUST BECAUSE YOUR BUDDY DOES IT THAT WAY MAKES AS MUCH SENSE AS SHARING TOOTHBRUSHES

denverd1 is offline Level: Uber Jeep Cherokee Trailer Queen
    Chats

Quote Originally Posted by BlackYeti View Post
    http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/IP_Code

I just learned about this as well.
    So you're saying the S5 is waterproof as well? As in it can sit in 3' of water for 30 minutes with no case and still function? Thats pretty cool
    Last edited by denverd1; 03-03-2015 at 03:14 PM.
    Wheelin' East Texas in a RED XJ

RED 98 XJ with 4.5" lift, ZJ steering, front and rear locked on 33's
    cowl intake, Cobra CB, SYE, bumpers, 10K winch, lights
    ,___________
    //___l__,\____\,00_
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]|
    (o)_)--(o)_)--(o)_)

Chats

So you're saying the S5 is waterproof as well? As in it can sit in 3' of water for 30 minutes with no case and still function? Thats pretty cool
    That is what I've found @ multiple spots online, including Samsung's website when I first purchased my S5.. I really wanted the S5 Active since I find myself in all kinds of weather and temperatures (and random rain showers while I'm in the middle of stuff, or on top of the tail of the aircraft) with work, not even including the kayaking and wheeling moisture... but the Active wasn't an option for Verizon... and I was told the regular S5 is just as sealed.. so had to research to verify!!
    FORMER GREEN XJ CLUB MEMBER
    IF YOU DON'T STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS, FEEL FREE TO STAND IN FRONT OF THEM!!
    DOING SOMETHING JUST BECAUSE YOUR BUDDY DOES IT THAT WAY MAKES AS MUCH SENSE AS SHARING TOOTHBRUSHES

Chats

My friend has the s5, he always drops it in his water cup or calls me while he's in the shower just because he can...

Chats

Quote Originally Posted by TallGuyJeep View Post
    My friend has the s5, he always drops it in his water cup or calls me while he's in the shower just because he can...
    It's kinda fun. my speakers don't function quite as well right after its had a dip and the screen doesn't know how to act with wet fingers on it, but OTT it functions perfectly!

,___________
    //___l__,\____\,00_
    (o)_)--(o)_)--(o)_)

Chats

That is what I gather from my small bit of research. But nowhere have I seen it advertised.

Chats

I have the LG F Flex. I love it! I use it for mainly music and games to pass the time at work... The big curved screen is really really nice for watching movies or gaming. So far It always runs smooth and fast, had it around 6 months.

Chats

I have had lots of luck with LG phones. My sis has the spectrum 2 and wants to get the G3, I had one about 5 years ago and the only problem I had with it was the small storage capacity and the ringer quit working. (my job is hard on speakers appearantly)

I have not seen the LG Flex and it doesn't look like verizon offers it. It looks like they may offer the G Flex 2 in the near future, but it doesn't show on their website. I kind of like the bendy design of it. And it seems like its a durable phone.

Chats

It's fun to lay it screen down on the table and flex it. Freaks people out. there are some good reviews on YouTube. As for carrier i have t mobile so I'm not much help there. I like t mobile for their free music streaming though, it doesn't cost data to stream. Nice for driving.

Chats

That is nice for music. I have all of my audio media on a sansa clip mp3 player. I listen so much that batteries don't like me very much. Most of it is audio books and podcasts, but at almost 9 hours a day during the week, my phone and sometimes even the small player cant keep up with me.

Chats

I found that running music through a Bluetooth speaker drastically saves on batt life. Earbuds help too.

,___________
    //___l__,\____\,00_
    (o)_)--(o)_)--(o)_)

Chats

Ear buds are a must here at my job. Its a noisy shop. I haven't found a good set of bluetooth ear buds that are to my liking. That would be awesome though, no wires to snag on everything...

Chats

You probably know this but make sure you turn off everything you aren't using like gps, bluetooth, LED notifications, wifi, etc. Also turn on battery saver mode if you have that. Turning on airplane mode helps as well.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast