Thread: 86 XJ for sale - CHEAP

Exclamation 86 XJ for sale - CHEAP

I have an 86 Cherokee Chief for sale. Help me avoid sending it to the junk yard
    2.5L EFI, 5-spd w/ Command Trac
    ~230k miles

This is a project car. Its in clean condition, never been wheeled. Was a family car for years, motor died, and I put a new motor in at about 208k miles. Also did the brakes and clutch at the same time. Drove it through college until the clutch gave out, and its been sitting since (2010). I've pulled the motor, found the clutch fork to be fatigue cracked, and had it welded back up. Interior is in good shape, with headliner removed. Carpets still all there, and clean. All seats are in great shape, with only some minor tears on the drivers seat. Dash gauges all work, and replaced the original stereo with a cd/aux deck. Transmission shifted well, no grinding in any gears.

Current status:
    Motor is in the engine bay, but not mounted up. Radiator was pulled to facilitate pulling the motor. Motor ran fine back in 2010, reliably got me around town and frequent trips between the bay area and central coast (CA). Obviously needs new belts and hoses, a number of the hoses were pretty aged and were cut out when I pulled the motor. Needs to be towed to a happy new home where someone can start its next chapter. I can supply more details for anyone interested. Located near Santa Rosa, CA. I would keep it if I had the space. Its current located at my parents house, and I'm a few hours away, in an apartment complex where I cannot keep a project car. If I had a house and the space, it would without a doubt be my weekend project.

Make an offer, I just dont want to see it go to a scrap yard, and would love to see an XJ enthusiast take it on. I'm far more interested in getting rid of it than making any money off of it. Pics are from 2010 when I still drove it. Has been sitting, but has been mostly covered, and isnt in much worse shape than it was then.

Last edited by 86CherokeeChief; 02-23-2015 at 10:48 PM.

Default Re: 86 XJ for sale - CHEAP

damn wish you were closer