Thread: Battery recommendation

Default Battery recommendation

Unusually cold temps here have exposed a dying battery problem. What do folks like for under 100. I've found house brand AutoZone, Rayovac, and the like at that price point.

Anything in particular, other than spending a bunch more money, that folks would recommend?

Thanks.

abebehrmann is offline Level: Uber Jeep Cherokee Trailer Queen

Default Re: Battery recommendation

I found an Interstate at Costco for 80 with a 3 year warranty. I've only had it ~6 months and live in FL so take that recommendation with a grain of salt.

I live in a hot climate as well but i've had good experience with interstate and walmarts batteries. Mainly the warranty at walmart, replaced it no problem. And it was a battery that came in a vehicle i bought, not one i purchase there.

Sent via messenger pigeon - i talk, he types.

denverd1 is offline Level: Uber Jeep Cherokee Trailer Queen

wally world

challenge: take pics of weird people and post them here
    Wheelin' East Texas in a RED XJ

RED 98 XJ with 4.5" lift, ZJ steering, front and rear locked on 33's
    cowl intake, Cobra CB, SYE, bumpers, 10K winch, lights
    ,___________
    //___l__,\____\,00_
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]|
    (o)_)--(o)_)--(o)_)

I was looking at picking up either an Interstate battery to replace the one that was in my XJ already, or pick up an AGM battery, as they are good for hard draws like from a winch or running lots of accessories... as well as the hold up to the jostling and such from offroad vibrations.. but couldn't find one that was for the XJ.. But ended up paying a bit more for a class 34 AGM battery w/ dual power connections from Sears.. It wasn't cheap by any means.. but hoping it'll be the last battery I have to pick up for quite a while.. Not to mention I found a bracket and cage mount for it, to secure it quite well.. plan on ordering up that bracket setup here shortly... But I like having the dual connection option, so I can use the second connection for winch hookup or other items..
    FORMER GREEN XJ CLUB MEMBER
    IF YOU DON'T STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS, FEEL FREE TO STAND IN FRONT OF THEM!!
    DOING SOMETHING JUST BECAUSE YOUR BUDDY DOES IT THAT WAY MAKES AS MUCH SENSE AS SHARING TOOTHBRUSHES

On the way home from work today I stopped by Sam's and bought a Duracell, prior to reading the above responses. Price point I wanted. 850CCA. Put it in, wouldn't turn over. Good connections, everything clean and tight. Put the old battery in, and it turned over like usual (weakening, but still getting it done). Duracell battery had lost a lost of charge sitting on the shelf. Don't think I'll have them replace it, unless they do the installation and show me the charge another one has. Not in the mood to endure another one failing, and not an initial confidence building experience.

In the meantime I'll keep carrying the portable Peak jumper starter I got for my wife's minivan.

I got the gold level at autozone. 5 year warranty i beleive pro rated after first 3. Been well below freezing hete for about a month no issues