Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Chats

Default Re: Innojazz XJ Build Thread

The very next weekend we took the XJ to a new ORV park demonstration that is being built 1 mile from my house. The proposed park is slatted to be around 400 acres when complete. This was a trial run that was open to the public to help county officials see first hand what this "Jeeping" thing is really like. It was a very well organized and safe event and everyone had a really good time. The park is in the process of being built with a tentative opening around summer 2016. Only 1 mile from my house....hmmmm might need another Jeep.

Chats

So this brings us up to Thanksgiving break 2014. I had slowly gathered all the parts for a 2.5" lift. Rough Country 2.5" front coil springs, 2.5" AAL for the rear, Rough Country rear shocks and new u-bolts. Took the long weekend and got everything installed. Everything went pretty smooth, no major issues. Took it out on the road and immediately noticed the drive line vibes. I had a hunch I was going to have to go SYE after this. Just so happened that a local guy had just posted a brand new Rugged Ridge SYE kit on Craigslist for 180. Cheaper than new, local and brand new in the box! Turns out when I get there, he also has an XJ front driveshaft in great condition that he sells me for 20!

So after all of this, I ended Thanksgiving weekend with 2.5" of lift and a new SYE installed with a like new driveshaft! I was a pretty happy camper. I did measure my driveline angels and there is still some work to be done. The pinion angle is 7 degrees and the driveshaft is at 13 degrees. There is still a little driveline vibe but not nearly what it used to be. I ordered up some 4 degree shims and new center bolts but I haven't had time to install them yet. Now that spring is in the air, they should be getting installed sometime soon.

Chats

Couple other improvements happened over the winter time as well.

First and foremost, I got a new Sony radio installed so I can now stream the XJtalkshow straight from my phone!!!

Second, I took the rub strips off of the doors. I personally think it gives it a cleaner look. I'm also in the process of painting the fender flares black but I only got the fronts done before the temps dropped here for the winter. As soon as it warms up, the rears will be matching.

Third, I picked up a set of ZJ leather seats from a local guy. Came with power everything but the base is just too tall for the XJ. I swapped them over to the manual bases from the XJ and got them installed. Fairly straight forward install. The rear is a little challenging but not a huge deal. More time consuming than anything else.

So that is where I left my spoon!

And forth, I installed my CB and antenna. That about gets us up to date I think. Stay tuned for more work to come in the very near future!

Chats

Love the seats. I have power leather seats in mine too. Very comfy
    230 hp 4.3L Chevy
    Built 4L60E with manual lockout
    Atlas 4 speed
    Griffin radiator
    On board air
    Warn 9.5ti on custom bumper
    7.5" RE front and bastard pack rear on custom long arms
    30 gal gas tank
    lockers
    And a bunch of other stuff

Chats

I love them too! I was shocked how much road input they absorb compared to the stock cloth seats. The wife and kids are way more comfortable too. I like that the kids now have head rests too, just in case.

Chats

I like that I can now recline and sleep if I want to. The wife too, since her role is to sleep while I drive
    230 hp 4.3L Chevy
    Built 4L60E with manual lockout
    Atlas 4 speed
    Griffin radiator
    On board air
    Warn 9.5ti on custom bumper
    7.5" RE front and bastard pack rear on custom long arms
    30 gal gas tank
    lockers
    And a bunch of other stuff

Chats

Looks and sounds like it is coming along nicely... And def nothing wrong with having an ORV park only a mile from you house... I currently have to drive almost 4 hrs to get to the closest one... Look forward to seeing more as it comes along to where you want it to be... And I pulled the side door molding off my 98 cause I thought it looked cleaner without it... still debating if I'm going to on my 97, as it is color matched...
    FORMER GREEN XJ CLUB MEMBER
    IF YOU DON'T STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS, FEEL FREE TO STAND IN FRONT OF THEM!!
    DOING SOMETHING JUST BECAUSE YOUR BUDDY DOES IT THAT WAY MAKES AS MUCH SENSE AS SHARING TOOTHBRUSHES

Chats

Quote Originally Posted by Innojazz View Post
    Couple other improvements happened over the winter time as well.

First and foremost, I got a new Sony radio installed so I can now stream the XJtalkshow straight from my phone!!!

Second, I took the rub strips off of the doors. I personally think it gives it a cleaner look. I'm also in the process of painting the fender flares black but I only got the fronts done before the temps dropped here for the winter. As soon as it warms up, the rears will be matching.

Third, I picked up a set of ZJ leather seats from a local guy. Came with power everything but the base is just too tall for the XJ. I swapped them over to the manual bases from the XJ and got them installed. Fairly straight forward install. The rear is a little challenging but not a huge deal. More time consuming than anything else.

So that is where I left my spoon!

And forth, I installed my CB and antenna. That about gets us up to date I think. Stay tuned for more work to come in the very near future!
    Ya know, Spooning means something TOTALY DIFERENT!
    But hey, You have a great looking Jeep coming along there!

Hate to tell you this, Jeeps are addictive!
    Bob, KJ5XJ
    1992 XJ
    4.0L, AW4, NP231, Bridgestone All terrain LT 32"
    Safari Rack, Bushwacker flairs, Bed-liner for paint
    Yup! That's my Beautiful baby!
    If you're not on ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123