Chats

Smile Welcome slowjunk!!!

Hi slowjunk, to the forum!

We would love to know more about you and your Jeep. How you found us, etc...

Be sure and check out our XJ TALK SHOW! It\'s about Cherokees! It\'s like a radio talk show, but from the Internet.

Check out our sister sites, http://www.WranglerTalk.com/ and http://www.di-dah-dit.com/

Chats

Default Re: Welcome slowjunk!!!

hello xj owners, sorry for the late introduction. bluedragon436 sent me the link to this forum to check out. im mostly on the cherokee forum but so far i can tell this is more of friendly forum not so much bashing. anyway this my 3rd xj and it's addicting. i been trying to get out of the jeep world but for some unknown reason i end up buy another just as soon as i sold it. my first was a 2001 limited with leather seats and all the good stuff and a dana turdy 35 later was swap to 8.25. 4.56 regear'ed. 6.5 lifted with 33". took to trails think 5 fives before i sold. told myself im done with jeep didn't last long i end up picking up a '92 laredo. was planning to use for dd but every time i replaced broken/missing parts po damaged make me wanted to keep it. got too much rust on the floor board and rockers so i sold the '92 before i dump more money into. again i said to myself ok no more jeep. im just going to get a honda accord and call a day. that didn't last long. i end up with picking up a '98 classic (current dd) off a spoil yuppie from west suburb chicago. the kid pretty much didn't took care of it. dog hair all over the seats (gross). was lightly damaged on front end but i knew it's easy fix. jeep had 119k miles at the time i offer him 1k he took it. the rest was history. sorry for the long introduction, i'll post pics later of before and after on the '98.
    Last edited by slowjunk; 01-06-2015 at 12:26 AM.

Chats

Nothing wrong with the addiction we call Jeep... It's just one of many things non Jeep folks don't get!!
    FORMER GREEN XJ CLUB MEMBER
    IF YOU DON'T STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS, FEEL FREE TO STAND IN FRONT OF THEM!!
    DOING SOMETHING JUST BECAUSE YOUR BUDDY DOES IT THAT WAY MAKES AS MUCH SENSE AS SHARING TOOTHBRUSHES

Chats

Welcome to the site Ryan. Nice history. Glad to have ya join us here ad feel free to share pics of the other two as well if you would like. I know we would!

And you're right, we don't do the whole members bashing others or flaming. We try to keep it like a bunch of friends who happen to have jeeps.

Chats

Welcome Ryan. Sounds like you have a true addiction. Hope this one works out for you. You are starting with the best year to have
    230 hp 4.3L Chevy
    Built 4L60E with manual lockout
    Atlas 4 speed
    Griffin radiator
    On board air
    Warn 9.5ti on custom bumper
    7.5" RE front and bastard pack rear on custom long arms
    30 gal gas tank
    lockers
    And a bunch of other stuff

Chats

here's the current mallcrawler . bought the hood off my buddy. it's not done yet so you going have to wait til it's finish to see the final pic. no peeky lol
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG1006.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	1.81 MB 
ID:	6814  

Chats

first xj 2001 limited.
    second xj 1992 laredo so proud of my walmart camo rattle can paint job. bought for 800 flipped for 1500. was nice xj minus the rust.
    third xj 1998, used the money from the 1992 and picked up this current '98. i got a good deal on it.

*not sure why my pictures wont download

Last edited by slowjunk; 01-07-2015 at 02:26 AM.

Chats

Nothing wrong with a good deal on a flip like that... especially to give you more to put towards a new XJ build!! Wish I had been able to flip the 90 I have so that I could use the extra money made towards the 97's build..
    FORMER GREEN XJ CLUB MEMBER
    IF YOU DON'T STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS, FEEL FREE TO STAND IN FRONT OF THEM!!
    DOING SOMETHING JUST BECAUSE YOUR BUDDY DOES IT THAT WAY MAKES AS MUCH SENSE AS SHARING TOOTHBRUSHES

Chats

Nice lookin xj sir

Chats

thanks guys. i might sell the '98. for some reason i like to find a almost or minium rust '92 briarwood probably going to be hard. if that's impossible i'll settle for a '96. i kinda like the older square body style. on top of that no emission test for vehicles from '96 and older here in chicago.