Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Chats

Default Re: Pre-XJ build list, suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by XJMikey View Post
    I thought they dropped the C8.25" cover? I've always wanted their covers, but I couldnt' get a matching set, which sucked. Looks like I'll be going with UCF. Gonna love me some built in drain plugs. .
    I contacted UCF today, and they said they still produce the 8.25 covers, and have never stopped producing them since they started.. He said he doesn't know why anyone would think that they had.. and that he has heard similar before.. Just wanted to shoot that info to you and let you know they do still offer it, so you can order that matching set of covers you want.. I'm about to put mine on order in just a few minutes... Figure if nothing else I'll have more parts collecting up for install when I get a chance to get this stuff on.. especially if I can get it all done in one weekend at one time...
    FORMER GREEN XJ CLUB MEMBER
    IF YOU DON'T STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS, FEEL FREE TO STAND IN FRONT OF THEM!!
    DOING SOMETHING JUST BECAUSE YOUR BUDDY DOES IT THAT WAY MAKES AS MUCH SENSE AS SHARING TOOTHBRUSHES

Chats

Quote Originally Posted by bluedragon436 View Post
    I contacted UCF today, and they said they still produce the 8.25 covers, and have never stopped producing them since they started.. He said he doesn't know why anyone would think that they had.. and that he has heard similar before.. Just wanted to shoot that info to you and let you know they do still offer it, so you can order that matching set of covers you want.. I'm about to put mine on order in just a few minutes... Figure if nothing else I'll have more parts collecting up for install when I get a chance to get this stuff on.. especially if I can get it all done in one weekend at one time...
    It never hurt to have a stock pile of mods to install.
    ~ Mike

Chats

It never hurt to have a stock pile of mods to install.
    Yeah I'm def working on a nice sized stock pile of mods that'll be waiting for an install day... Got to get the springs and coils on order, and I should have all needed parts for a full suspension revamp, minus a few bolts that I might have to pick up or order when I get to the install point.. All of it will be a full new suspension setup except for the LA's and the steering parts... Can't wait to have that mud better and smoother riding suspension too.. Will be doing the headlight upgrade once I get her through inspection... Can't wait to see your parts collection as it begins to grow!!
    Last edited by bluedragon436; 12-18-2014 at 08:48 PM.
    DOING SOMETHING JUST BECAUSE YOUR BUDDY DOES IT THAT WAY MAKES AS MUCH SENSE AS SHARING TOOTHBRUSHES

Chats

Cool. If I had to start all over, I would buy a 98 or 99 XJ only. I currently have a 97, and there are some funking factory wiring glitches in the 97's. I would build my axles first, then body armor, bumpers, winch, and do the lift kit last, IF I was starting all over. Good luck to you.

Chats

Quote Originally Posted by jdsilvaca View Post
    Cool. If I had to start all over, I would buy a 98 or 99 XJ only. I currently have a 97, and there are some funking factory wiring glitches in the 97's. I would build my axles first, then body armor, bumpers, winch, and do the lift kit last, IF I was starting all over. Good luck to you.
    Yeah I miss my old 98... And just after looking at a couple of things in my current 97, if I was to do it all over again I'd def pick up another 98 or a 99.. As of right now though, it looks as if the only thing I'm not going to like about the 97 is the figuring out how to convert over to a 98+ dome light, cause mine still has the older style dome light...

Chats

Yeah I'm def working on a nice sized stock pile of mods that'll be waiting for an install day... Got to get the springs and coils on order, and I should have all needed parts for a full suspension revamp, minus a few bolts that I might have to pick up or order when I get to the install point.. All of it will be a full new suspension setup except for the LA's and the steering parts... Can't wait to have that mud better and smoother riding suspension too.. Will be doing the headlight upgrade once I get her through inspection... Can't wait to see your parts collection as it begins to grow!!
    I'm gonna start stock piling parts ASAP. If I don't, I won't keep to this simple build. You'll find me hording parts, and working on a buggy with an xj shell. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by jdsilvaca View Post
    I'm most likely going to get a '00. There's tons of them at dealerships (prefer buying from a quality dealer), so all first "mods" will be upgrading OEM parts I had problems with in the past (window motors, switches, brakes, fuel, minor heat & a/c). Then it'll go something like: h4 conversion (hids aren't a big want anymore), pull points + recovery gear, armor (including LCA + UDCA skids a& brace), lockers, sye+2low, front driveshaft outback, zj tierod, then lift, wheels & tires, speedogear, cb, and some other needed goodies. Keepin' it simple and capable.
    ~ Mike

Chats

I'm gonna start stock piling parts ASAP. If I don't, I won't keep to this simple build. You'll find me hording parts, and working on a buggy with an xj shell. Lol
    I'm glad I am stock piling parts and picking them up as I find deals, especially with deals that saved me money between free shipping and other good deals with the holidays.. Only thing that stinks about stock piling them, is going crazy seeing these parts and the Jeep sitting in the driveway.. even more so now that the bumper is back in the house and painted up ready to go... Can't wait to get a few more parts to finish up the current parts collection and once the Jeep is registered I'll get going on this installing.. Really can't wait to install the steering and the suspension.. when I'm able to get to that point..

Chats

I'm glad I am stock piling parts and picking them up as I find deals, especially with deals that saved me money between free shipping and other good deals with the holidays.. Only thing that stinks about stock piling them, is going crazy seeing these parts and the Jeep sitting in the driveway.. even more so now that the bumper is back in the house and painted up ready to go... Can't wait to get a few more parts to finish up the current parts collection and once the Jeep is registered I'll get going on this installing.. Really can't wait to install the steering and the suspension.. when I'm able to get to that point..
    Add a couple cases of PB blaster to you pile, and start using it 2-3weeks before installing parts. Trust me, you'll appreciate the money spent, and time/length of life saved.
    ~ Mike

Chats

Add a couple cases of PB blaster to you pile, and start using it 2-3weeks before installing parts. Trust me, you'll appreciate the money spent, and time/length of life saved.
    Oh yeah, I plan on picking up quite a few cans and start spraying them down a bit early that is for sure... Been cleaning up the used parts and hardware for the long arms and OTK steering so they'll be ready to smoothly install once I get the old stock parts out...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12