Thread: Oversized Mopar

Default Oversized Mopar

Read the sticky about oversize oil filters. Stock Mopar is the MO-090 but I'm not finding info on what the oversize option would be. Understand that Wix makes Mopar filters, but I'm not finding Wix around town.

Anyone know the oversize Mopar part number?

Not a big deal. I did my first Jeep oil change with a standard filter, Mobil 1 High Mileage Full Synthetic 10W-30, and all seems well. Oil pressure went from 25 to 30 at hot idle, and 50 to 55 at 70mph. I trust that if that's not good, folks will let me know.

Thank you.
    Last edited by packmule1911; 12-10-2014 at 10:08 PM.

Default Re: Oversized Mopar

If you have a Napa around they sell Wix filters. If you go in and ask them MOST of the knowledgeable parts guys should be able to find the part number for you.

I was kind of wondering this same thing.. as my Ram runs Mopar filters since the Hemi's oil gets done @ the stealership... Started picking up the filters from Mopar for my 98 XJ, and plan to do the same with my 97 I have now, but would like to see if I can figure out an oversized Mopar filter, without having to purchase a bund of them to figure it out... Have thought about doing similar for the Ram as well.. but will do that when I am changing the oil on it myself...
    FORMER GREEN XJ CLUB MEMBER
    IF YOU DON'T STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS, FEEL FREE TO STAND IN FRONT OF THEM!!
    DOING SOMETHING JUST BECAUSE YOUR BUDDY DOES IT THAT WAY MAKES AS MUCH SENSE AS SHARING TOOTHBRUSHES

There's bound to be one. The MO-090 must cross reference to a Wix part, so I'd assume the Wix xl filter part would represent a Mopar number somewhere.