Thread: Parting out 96 cherokee sport 4x4 maybe!

Icon13 Parting out 96 cherokee sport 4x4 maybe!

Hey guys I am putting out this feeler on my xj I am being dogged by some more serious issues at this point. I bought my xj from a salvage yard a buddy of mine owns and when I picked it up I drove it home with the exhaust chopped off just before the cat. thieves stole the cat off of it while it was outside the fence at the yard. My bro inlaw was who told me about it and I went down and robbed a batt. from his forklift and put it in it to see if it ran and after a good half hour of cusswords as well as some serious tool tossing I remembered the neutral saftey prob these things had and after running 2 wires to the solenoid then to a button I was able to crank it up it ran decent for sitting as long as it had and I jumped in the seat grabbed the shifter and tried reverse it worked next I hit drive it worked so I was satisfied with my findings and went inside offered him 200 for it and he said 250 and I paid him then and after calling a buddy and getting him to meet me there I checked the fluids and decided screw it and told him hey follow me I took off now mind you this thing was loud with no exhaust it was basically an open header nothing else. I hit the highway and put it on 65mph cruise worked it was about 35 to 40 miles to my house from the yard I watched my gauges the whole way and had no surprises along the way until I was less than a mile from home when I seen a white cloud pouring from the back I hit the shoulder and stopped the entire rear of the thing was covered with oil it was on the wheels even up each side of the doors I opened the hood and seen the oil sending unit had shot the center out and was now a spout to shoot oil from I wrapped a rag around it and zip tied it and dumped 3 qts in it and nursed home once in the driveway I watched oil drip from every little pocket and any place it could land for 2 weeks I replaced the sending unit and filled it with fresh oil. Then pressure washed the underside and the engine compartment and this was when I found some really good news it had a new radiator,waterpump,thermostat,both rad hoses the ac had just been serviced in all the previous owner spent over 1900.00 on it at firestone possibly trying to fix a cooling issue I found the clutch fan qas bad so I switched it to electric fan from a lincoln and the temp stayed at 195 to 200 with ac on in the dead of summer at idle! I began to invest a little here and there and now including the purchase price I have about 2700.00 tied up in it.Now heres the kicker when I bought it I was given a bill of sale thats it,So now it is going to cost me about 840.00 for a bonded title and registration here is my dilemma I am now on disability due to the removal of 2 discs in my neck and 4 vertabrae fused and now they want to do the same to my lumbar section I said no way, Guys do I part my jeep out to recover my money or try and sell it and hope I can get enough from it to help with bills man I am sick over this.
    I have "6 coils in front and a bastard pack out back that came out to "6 to almost "7 of lift I put 4 31x10.50x15 procomp xterrains on 07 jeep unlimited wheels I then pieced my exhaust together with a header "2.50 lead pipe to hiflo cat new o2 sensors before and aft."2.50 pipe from cat to flowmaster 40 series muffler then "2.50 pipe out to the bumper a homemade cold air kit relocated intake temp sensor new cap rotor and wires with good ol champions all 4 shocks are new procomps for 4" lift procomp steering stabilisor 3 new tie rod ends wrecking yard front wheel bearing replacement on pass side front axle 4 procomp "5 lights on bumper 2 harbor freight rectangle lights with the bulbs switched to 100watts on the back luggage rack cross bar for backups I know I am leaving a bunch of stuff off but this will give yall a decent idea of what I have, sorry about the long story but I felt I had to try and explain my stupidity when I bought it. It runs like a new one now even with 253,000 miles on it I can stop on dry pavement and mat the gas pedal and it will spin the rears till they pop no kidding!!!!!!
    Any how please let me know if any of yall might be interested in what I have here I am located in mesquite tx outside of dallas so if shipping is involved then take that in mind on your offer all these parts have less than 2500 miles on them THANKS GUYS if you need pics message me here and I will post them as fast as possible!
    1996 xj 4.0 HO 2-5"drv.lights 2-4"pencil beam spots on bumper,urethane control arm bushings,urethane track bar bushings, elec.fan, RR header, magna flo high flo cat,40 series flowmaster with full 2.50" pipe out to bumper,home brewed cold air setup,5.50" super lift coils in front,S10 bastard pack in rear with 5.75" of lift ,31x10.50x15 pro comp xtreme terrains on 05 jeep limited alloys! It only cost me 250.00 for the xj 1775.00 for the exhaust and other misc. parts so 2025 for the heap

Default Re: Parting out 96 cherokee sport 4x4 maybe!

Sounds like you put quite a bit of work into her to get her where you wanted it to be... Hope you are able to work everything out and keep her, but if not... good luck with sales and hoped you are able to recoup as much of your money as possible to help with the bills...
    FORMER GREEN XJ CLUB MEMBER
    IF YOU DON'T STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS, FEEL FREE TO STAND IN FRONT OF THEM!!
    DOING SOMETHING JUST BECAUSE YOUR BUDDY DOES IT THAT WAY MAKES AS MUCH SENSE AS SHARING TOOTHBRUSHES

Pookapotamus is offline Level: Uber Jeep Cherokee Trailer Queen

Is it a 2door? I might be interested in the doors if it is because I can't find decent ones in Canada, do you have pics?

Thanks old friend I want to keep it but bills and christmas seem to dictate otherwise!
    1996 xj 4.0 HO 2-5"drv.lights 2-4"pencil beam spots on bumper,urethane control arm bushings,urethane track bar bushings, elec.fan, RR header, magna flo high flo cat,40 series flowmaster with full 2.50" pipe out to bumper,home brewed cold air setup,5.50" super lift coils in front,S10 bastard pack in rear with 5.75" of lift ,31x10.50x15 pro comp xtreme terrains on 05 jeep limited alloys! It only cost me 250.00 for the xj 1775.00 for the exhaust and other misc. parts so 2025 for the heap

Nope its a 4 door version.

Hey posted updated pics finally! Oh I still have all of it just not able to fully commit to the sale or part out I have a good bit of sweat and cuss words invested in my heap!!!!!
    Last edited by pyrotech; 01-04-2015 at 09:46 AM.