Thread: Need some help!!!!

Default Need some help!!!!

Guys I have a 3.5" RE super ride lift on my 99cherokee. This past Tuesday I found what I consider to be a steal on 1.5" coil springs (pucks) and longer rear shackles with 4 shocks. My question is if I add this 1.5" to my existing lift that should be 5" of total lift. I already have a SYE. What else will I have to change? Also is it worth it because I'm scared of the dreaded drive line vibes and right now my jeep has no known issues!!!!
    "If you do, I will"

Default Re: Need some help!!!!

Looking at that kit you linked, I'd say you're going to want to pick up a new adj track bar, as with the 3.5" kit, the bracket was probably just re-drilled 3/8" IIRC.. After that you'll want to check the angle of your track bar and your drag link to make sure they are close, and if needed you might need to pick up a drop pitman arm... Other then that, only two things I can think of is, you might need to remove the bolt securing the front brake line inside the fender well and either let it hang (as it really won't get into the way anyways), or you can pick up relocation brackets (or make some yourself) if you are worried it'll get snagged and want it secured again... And then you might need to pick up a front DS out of a JY XJ as the one that came with the SYE for the 3.5" may or may not be long enough to cover the higher height when you flex out, it'll probably work just fine for DD use, but might not be long enough for wheeling/flexing...

So to break down my random ramblings, most likely things you'll need....

1. Adj trackbar
    2. Check steering geometry after full install, might need drop pitman (possibly, not for sure)
    3. Longer front brake lines or if on a budget just relocating the mounting point
    4. Possibly a longer DS as the one with the SYE might not be long enough for that height when flexed out, but you can try it and see to check, then hit up the JY for a stock front shaft.
    FORMER GREEN XJ CLUB MEMBER
    IF YOU DON'T STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS, FEEL FREE TO STAND IN FRONT OF THEM!!
    DOING SOMETHING JUST BECAUSE YOUR BUDDY DOES IT THAT WAY MAKES AS MUCH SENSE AS SHARING TOOTHBRUSHES

1.5" doesn't sound like much, but it is for the front geometry. You will probably also need lower control arms. The SYE will work fine at that height. You might however need to add suspension shims. Your pinion angle will change by 3°, so that is a possibility.
    230 hp 4.3L Chevy
    Built 4L60E with manual lockout
    Atlas 4 speed
    Griffin radiator
    On board air
    Warn 9.5ti on custom bumper
    7.5" RE front and bastard pack rear on custom long arms
    30 gal gas tank
    lockers
    And a bunch of other stuff

Yeah for sure lower control arms are going to be an issue. Brake lines will more than likely need to be addressed also.

Mines right at 5". And completely agree, adjustable trackbar, new brake hoses, lower control arms, possible leaf spring shims, and your shocks may work. Test those out with flexing.

Sent via messenger pigeon - i talk, he types.

Dang!!!! Sounds like a lot of extra work that I wasn't planning on!!
    "If you do, I will"

It is. The jump to 3" is relatively cheap. But break that barrier and it starts costing you and goes up exponentially for every extra inch
    230 hp 4.3L Chevy
    Built 4L60E with manual lockout
    Atlas 4 speed
    Griffin radiator
    On board air
    Warn 9.5ti on custom bumper
    7.5" RE front and bastard pack rear on custom long arms
    30 gal gas tank
    lockers
    And a bunch of other stuff