Thread: Power window motor

Default Power window motor

Hey all! I had a problem with the motor on my driverside front window and in the process found out a few interesting things,some of you may know this and some not but i thought i'd share. SO the other day my power window motor died,and i was stuck with my window down.No big deal just unbolted the motor from regulator and pushed window up,reinstalled motor so window wouldnt fall down and looked for motor.Here is where the fun started.Didnt want to put a jy motor in as most of our cherookees around here are pretty picked out,so i called around and found one reman unit at auto zone for 53 with tax.In the course of my research i found out that part # for front and rear driver side is same part so if no one has a front left you should be able to use rear left, not sure cause i found a front. So i get the motor and found that the gear face that goes into regulator is not the same. I was all ready to take it back and pitch a fit cause it was the wrong one till in noticed the retaining clip on new one.removed clip and switched the gears..all is well.Read the directions(after installing motor.. of course) and found out this same motor is used in seabring convertible ,and dodge pickups. ope this can help someone else with this situation.

Default Re: Power window motor

That could be helpful for me, as my only 2 JY's charge an arm and leg for parts for a Jeep, no matter what the part is... I think it is completely crazy why they do this, but at least this gives other options for folks in similar situations.. I think instructions are generally useless, and it is more fun to figure it out on your own when you are installing stuff.. Makes me feel like I accomplished something even if it was really just re-inventing the wheel due to not reading the instructions!!
    Last edited by bluedragon436; 09-07-2014 at 04:24 AM.
    FORMER GREEN XJ CLUB MEMBER
    IF YOU DON'T STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS, FEEL FREE TO STAND IN FRONT OF THEM!!
    DOING SOMETHING JUST BECAUSE YOUR BUDDY DOES IT THAT WAY MAKES AS MUCH SENSE AS SHARING TOOTHBRUSHES

Default Re: Power window motor

i know what you mean blue, i think they do that cause we love our jeeps and they know they can make money on us.even the aftermarket prices are higher on the same type of parts..lol.Thats what you deal with when you own a jeep though.I must be a glutton for punishment cause we own three . we wife and oldest daughter love theirs.