Thread: Aussie locker ???????????????

Default Aussie locker ???????????????

Lokka website has lockers for D 30 front axle at 200.00 and I order one. About a week later I get it and it's in a plain white box and it did not come with a new cross pin. Is this old new stock or did I order from the wrong place. The instructions that came with it is horrible. Did I take it in the shorts??? Dan

Default Re: Aussie locker ???????????????

You reuse your cross pin. I have one and it works well
    230 hp 4.3L Chevy
    Built 4L60E with manual lockout
    Atlas 4 speed
    Griffin radiator
    On board air
    Warn 9.5ti on custom bumper
    7.5" RE front and bastard pack rear on custom long arms
    30 gal gas tank
    lockers
    And a bunch of other stuff

Yeah you can reuse your stock cross pin. My D30 lock right came with a new high strength cross pin but cost a bit more than 200 Dollars. You can always buy a brand new stock cross pin and use that if your current diff has a bunch of miles on it.

You don't really need instructions perse it's a pretty simple install. If you were in San Diego I'd invite you over to the base hobby shop and we could have it in the Jeep before lunch.
    1995 XJ / 4.0L / AW4 / D30 w/No-Slip Locker / C8.25 / UPCOUNTRY spec suspension / 235/75R15

Rocco83 is offline Level: Uber Jeep Cherokee Trailer Queen

Sounds pretty cheap for a locker. Might have to jump on that myself.

Thanks for the come back, yea I figured I would use my cross pin and there are a few how to's on youtube. I does not look that hard and for the money it should be fun to have one in the front. Dan

I was running an Aussie locker in the front of my xj and loved it, would definitely keep on buying them.

Never had a problem with mine(she was a daily driver as well) she wheeled with the rest of them

It says Libbys Libbys Libbys on the Label Label Label!

Lokka is NOT an Aussie Locker! Direct from the Aussie Locker website:

100% Made in USA

Torq-Masters Technology Inc. is proud to announce that their new lockers are 100% made in the USA to their exacting specifications. The steel for all parts come from USA steel mills. The manufacturing is 100% done in Rochester, New York in a modern and ISO qualified machine facility. Heat treatment is per our specifications in a world class Rochester, NY facility.
    If Made In USA is part of your buying decision, demand that the suppler provide a statement that 100% of all parts are made in the USA from USA raw materials and labor and that the certification is provided without qualifications. The Torq-Masters Aussie Locker* is 100% USA from start to finish.

We have installed several Aussie Lockers in our Jeeps and they are AWESOME! Easy to install and Aussie Locker offers OUTSTANDING Customer Support 24/7 including HOLIDAYS!! The box will have the Aussie Locker name and logo and clear instructions.

That's why I asked, according to LOKKA website that they sold the aussie locker from 2003 to 2012. Now after that they are not too clear on what happened, they don't say if they sold the brand to someone in America or aussie locker is another branch of their company. Somebody ought to look into this but that doesn't do me any good now. Maybe I shed some light on this matter so others might not make the same mistake. Easy enough to do I guess with all the BS in our world today. Thanks for the information. Dan

Hey Keegirl96 Dan here and I would like to know about how many miles you have on your aussie locker. I was wondering how long they last. Thanks
    Last edited by DanXJ97; 09-18-2014 at 11:09 AM.

DanXJ97,

I have had an Aussie locker in both front (Dana 30) and rear (Chrysler 8.25) for years. They wear very well. The rear is a little bit clunky in turns on road, like and auto locker in a rig with a manual transmission.

I re-used the cross shaft in both. After 4 years and 100,000 miles, the rear seemed to be locking and unlocking on the road more frequently than usual. I opened it and checked everything according to the Aussie Locker instructions. I found that the stock cross shaft was showing wear. I replaced it with an aftermarket shaft from Yukon and its all good as new again.

I can't fins anything bad to say about Aussie Lockers.
    It's called a Cherokee in Venezuela...

I have then front and rear. No complaints
    230 hp 4.3L Chevy
    Built 4L60E with manual lockout
    Atlas 4 speed
    Griffin radiator
    On board air
    Warn 9.5ti on custom bumper
    7.5" RE front and bastard pack rear on custom long arms
    30 gal gas tank
    lockers
    And a bunch of other stuff

denverd1 is offline Level: Uber Jeep Cherokee Trailer Queen

Got the rear for my 8.25 LOKKA version as well. was very ambiguous as to who is making them, when I bought about a year ago LOKKA was the only thing that showed up on a search so I thought they took over operations. Yet to install mine, ran into some other issues but hoping to get it done this weekend.
    Wheelin' East Texas in a RED XJ

RED 98 XJ with 4.5" lift, ZJ steering, front and rear locked on 33's
    cowl intake, Cobra CB, SYE, bumpers, 10K winch, lights
    ,___________
    //___l__,\____\,00_
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]|
    (o)_)--(o)_)--(o)_)

OK I took apart my whole front axle and found a bad carrier bearing and had both of them replaced. I going to put in new axle u-joints and while I had the diff out I installed my Lokka, took about an hour. Going back with new rotors,pads and brake hoses. I shouldn't have to work on it after this for awhile. Dan