Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Rocco83 is offline Level: Uber Jeep Cherokee Trailer Queen
    Chats

Default Re: Harbor Freight Wobble Extensions

I have heard nothing but good things about their texture guns actually. BTW last time I was in there the manager told me they are pushing hard company wide to offer a military discount on top of their sale prices. That may come in handy when I go to get my compressor.

Chats

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco83 View Post
    I have heard nothing but good things about their texture guns actually. BTW last time I was in there the manager told me they are pushing hard company wide to offer a military discount on top of their sale prices. That may come in handy when I go to get my compressor.
    Yeah that'd be nice to see that discount... especially with as often as I go there.. Especially if I can get it to pick up my compressor to make it a nicer deal for sure!!
    Last edited by bluedragon436; 08-15-2014 at 09:41 PM.
    FORMER GREEN XJ CLUB MEMBER
    IF YOU DON'T STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS, FEEL FREE TO STAND IN FRONT OF THEM!!
    DOING SOMETHING JUST BECAUSE YOUR BUDDY DOES IT THAT WAY MAKES AS MUCH SENSE AS SHARING TOOTHBRUSHES

Chats

home depot always has a 10% discount with a military ID. They tacked on an extra 10% during July 4th weekend. Was buying a bunch of stuff there to make a dock at the lake house when I found out. Would have loved to of known ahead of time so I could have picked up my compressor then. If you get an HF compressor let me know. I don't know anyone with one and haven't heard much about them.

Chats

I wish our Home Depot would do that.. only Lowes in our area will do the discount.. It's kind of nice actually... I've been thinking about trying to get a job either @ Lowes or Tractor Supply when I get down to SC, at least until I can find a more permanent career.. and if I do then I plan on trying to get any kind of discount I can and pick me up a decent compressor.. but if that doesn't work out, then I will most likely be picking up a HF compressor due to the cost..
    DOING SOMETHING JUST BECAUSE YOUR BUDDY DOES IT THAT WAY MAKES AS MUCH SENSE AS SHARING TOOTHBRUSHES

Chats

check CList. Lot of used ones in my area around the 200-500 mark that seem to be in good shape. I could have picked up a real nice 80gal one the other day for 200, but I am truthfully too lazy to drive 50 miles to get it.

Chats

Yeah I've looked at CL quite a few times and found some decent deals.. I'll be checking when I get down to SC for sure if I don't get a better deal on a new one from somewhere first.. I'll be a guinea pig for the HF unit if I don't get a better one first..

Chats

Home Depot offers that discount company wide, location doesnt matter. Ive gotten mine in 7 states already. Just show the ID card and you'll get it, if not management will give it.

I use HF tools daily at work and on the XJ. Recently purchased their 1/2" pittsburgh torque wrench,. Ive also been a customer for over 10 years and really dont pick up tools anywhere else. Majority of stock is american made.

Chats

Going to throw another positive vote in here for their electric 1/2" impact. At the time, probably 10+ years ago, I had a hand-me-down Dayton SpeedAire 20 gallon horizontal with 100 psi max, and it would not run any air tool I had from my various mechanic/ service tech jobs.
    But I saw the HF electric for sale, and I had a coupon, and I had my "go to work" car down with the manual trans on my work bench on a Saturday afternoon. That was a lot cheaper than a new compressor, so I bought it, and it worked fine.

I have a 5hp 60 gal Husky compressor now, but I still use the electric impact for all of my tire/wheel/brake work, because a cord is so much faster and lighter than a hose...used it this AM on my daughter's explorer in fact, same chicago electric orange one I bought years ago
    2003 WJ Daily Adventuremobile
    1985 MF 250 Tractor (Fixed!!!)
    1999 XJ (in pieces in the driveway)
    1991 Explorer (Cracked Heads)(Stock, for now )
    1989 F150 (In progress-Blown freeze plugs)
    2003 Explorer 1.5" body lift, F150 towhooks, rare OEM skidplates, 265/70-16 Cooper Discoverer AT3's
    1979 K20, (in pieces in the yard) 350, NP465, NP205, Custom Rust Patches
    1970 C30 (tires tore open by bushhog)

Chats

Got the impact wobblers this weekend seem tostick more then the non air ones but also have different finishes

Chats

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteDevil1311 View Post
    Got the impact wobblers this weekend seem tostick more then the non air ones but also have different finishes
    Right, the impact ones have what I believe is a black oxide coating.

Used them doing the motor mounts on a friends ZJ
    2003 WJ Daily Adventuremobile
    1985 MF 250 Tractor (Fixed!!!)
    1999 XJ (in pieces in the driveway)
    1991 Explorer (Cracked Heads)(Stock, for now )
    1989 F150 (In progress-Blown freeze plugs)
    2003 Explorer 1.5" body lift, F150 towhooks, rare OEM skidplates, 265/70-16 Cooper Discoverer AT3's
    1979 K20, (in pieces in the yard) 350, NP465, NP205, Custom Rust Patches
    1970 C30 (tires tore open by bushhog)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12