Thread: Well went to a trail called Last Chance Canyon

Default Well went to a trail called Last Chance Canyon

Here are some of my pics from it. Did the v-notch and had no issues. Explored some mines, dropped down a mineshaft, went along a narrow mountain trail trying to get to the road and the trail just stopped and dropped down about 800 feet.... (pain trying to turn around). Over all a good trip besides a flat from a stick in the sidewall.

1993 Jeep Cherokee
    6.5 in Rock Krawler long arm in the front(with 2 in poly spacers (springs sagged a bunch im sitting at 6.5 now with the spacers)
    4.5 Rubicon Express in the rear with MJ shackles
    Custom bumper with XRC-8 winch
    33in BFG M/T
    Aussie Locker(rear)
    Dana 44 rear/30 front

Very cool! I love how the XJ flexs with those long arms.

Very neat pictures there AJ, thanks!!

alot of great pic thank you , i wish i had some trails like that here in florida
    1996 classic -4.0 - NP231j with OMIX SYE with Tom Woods Drive Shaft - HP D30 - C8.25 - 3.55 Gears - 6.5 RC lift - M/T 35x12.5x15 Baja Claws On M/T Black Signature Series Wheel 15x10 cast Aluminum -Rusty Front Prerunner Bumper - Smittybelt RXC8 8,500LBS in Front and Champion 10,000LBS in Rear - Custom Rear Bumper - Iron Rock Off Road OTK Steering - Cut Fenders- Crystal Clear H/L Housing with 8K HIDS - Bed lined Rockers and Quarters-

WE LIVE IN THE LAND OF THE FREE BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE

Very interesting.............guess it was not your last chance..................you lived to wheel another day!!!
    Hey bubba get your hand off my ass,

Some days it is just not worth it to gnaw through the leather restraints.

R.I.P. Brian 96_XJ Perrine 1990-2011

Thoughs are some great pics looks like fun I wish I could get an xjtalk sticker like that.

Where is this trail at? Looks like this is not a place for full sized rigs.

Well the only section that is really narrow is the v-notch. It has a bypass though. I have some buddies with full size axels and they go through it. Heck i have seen an FJ Cruiser go through it also.

It is located in the mojave desert off of the 14 and randsberg road. Near Jawbone Canyone
    1993 Jeep Cherokee
    6.5 in Rock Krawler long arm in the front(with 2 in poly spacers (springs sagged a bunch im sitting at 6.5 now with the spacers)
    33in BFG M/T
    Aussie Locker(rear)
    Dana 44 rear/30 front

Great pics!! Nice rig.

nice pics. we have a lot of trails like that here in utah with tight little canyons looks like you know how to drive tight trails.
    01, Tera Flex 6" long arm kit, jks quick disco's,jks bar pin eliminators, Fox 2.0 shocks I won for 5 bucks, Tom woods Sye with rear drive shaft, Tera flex rear disc brakes, custom front bumper, customer rear bumper, rage roof rack. H4 head lights, k&n intake and cone, black steelies with 285x75x16 retreads, metal gas skid. Finally I have a nice jeep no more pos.
    .,=====o00
    //___l__,\____\,___
    l_--- \___l----[]lllllll[]
    _(o)_)___(o)_)--o-)_

Great pics AJ99...I'm new here, and my first read is your post. El Paso Mnts. is one of my favorites. I've been going there prospecting for years but could never get all the way up Last Chance Canyon Rd. from the highway..I have to go up Mesquite Canyon Rd. The rocks aren't my problem..It's the sand...On my first trip there, I pulled a quad out of the calcium mine you were sitting in front of...Again, nice pics...I'll post some when I get the chance..Right now I'm trying to find some info on replacing the ignition switch on my 88 XJ....

Ya i thought i was on Mesquite Canyon Rd and turned out i was on some trial that just stopped into one of the v's on the mountain side. It was between Mesquite and Burro Schmitt tunnel. But i like it out there it is nice, nice scenery, and some good wheeling areas
    1993 Jeep Cherokee
    33in BFG M/T
    Aussie Locker(rear)
    Dana 44 rear/30 front

Well here are some pics of a cabin that you can actually camp in. We were thinking of camping here next time we go out.

Outside view of one of the cabins

Another view of the outside

This is looking in from the living room

One of the sleeping areas

Kitchen area (can use a generator for the refridgerator and another sleeping area

Some bunks in the kitchen area

A porch area that they supply with wood for the stove that is in it also

Here is a pic of the wood stove.
    1993 Jeep Cherokee
    33in BFG M/T
    Aussie Locker(rear)
    Dana 44 rear/30 front

wow that looks good. we have a trail that has a warming hut on it. it is mostly for in the winter for the snowmobilers but you can stay in it for no cost but it is not as nice or as big as that. do you have to pay or reserve it?
    01, Tera Flex 6" long arm kit, jks quick disco's,jks bar pin eliminators, Fox 2.0 shocks I won for 5 bucks, Tom woods Sye with rear drive shaft, Tera flex rear disc brakes, custom front bumper, customer rear bumper, rage roof rack. H4 head lights, k&n intake and cone, black steelies with 285x75x16 retreads, metal gas skid. Finally I have a nice jeep no more pos.
    .,=====o00
    //___l__,\____\,___
    l_--- \___l----[]lllllll[]
    _(o)_)___(o)_)--o-)_

No its free and first come first serve. they have trash cans too and signs that say "be respectful put your trash in the cans someone will come by once a week to pick it all up" There are a series of 4 different shacks with in 2 miles on the trail.
    1993 Jeep Cherokee
    33in BFG M/T
    Aussie Locker(rear)
    Dana 44 rear/30 front