Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Chats

Default Re: Yet another headlight thread

Quote Originally Posted by bluedragon436 View Post
    I had the same basic setup in my XJ, and it looked pretty similar to that.. Only thing I didn't have was the IPF housings, I had the Hella housings.. I think it was one of the best mods I did to my XJ, and will do to my next Jeep!!
    Which bulbs were you running?

Chats

Nice! My brother runs the same harness with e-code housings and hella 80/100 bulbs and it puts out nicely but no one ever seems to be upset.

I will offer a warning though. Both he and I have run the Putco harnesses for a few years but the other day his low beams wouldn't come on. We traced it back to a connector on the harness, the one close to the battery that connects the red wires. So, I suggest deleting the connector. Its a bit redundant anyway, so you won't miss it.

Chats

Quote Originally Posted by XJ Wheeler View Post
    Nice! My brother runs the same harness with e-code housings and hella 80/100 bulbs and it puts out nicely but no one ever seems to be upset.

I will offer a warning though. Both he and I have run the Putco harnesses for a few years but the other day his low beams wouldn't come on. We traced it back to a connector on the harness, the one close to the battery that connects the red wires. So, I suggest deleting the connector. Its a bit redundant anyway, so you won't miss it.
    Yeah as I think I said I was iffy about the putco harness but I figured I'd address any problems it throws at me when and if it does.

Chats

Quote Originally Posted by ekaybe View Post
    Which bulbs were you running?
    I was running the LMC harness (same as Tony had).. Hella E-code housings and Hella 80/100 bulbs.. I loved the output, especially driving on the back roads and rural farm roads to and from work for three years.. You'd be amazed at how may deer I was able to spot and avoid hitting once I started running that setup...
    FORMER GREEN XJ CLUB MEMBER
    IF YOU DON'T STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS, FEEL FREE TO STAND IN FRONT OF THEM!!
    DOING SOMETHING JUST BECAUSE YOUR BUDDY DOES IT THAT WAY MAKES AS MUCH SENSE AS SHARING TOOTHBRUSHES

Rocco83 is offline Level: Uber Jeep Cherokee Trailer Queen
    Chats

I must be the only person on the planet that has absolutely no problem with the stock headlights. Makes me wonder if all the vehicles I've owned have had ty lights and I just don't know what it is like to drive with good ones.

Chats

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco83 View Post
    I must be the only person on the planet that has absolutely no problem with the stock headlights. Makes me wonder if all the vehicles I've owned have had ty lights and I just don't know what it is like to drive with good ones.
    I tell ya, I never found it to be a problem till we bought a '07 chevy 3500. Best headlights ever! Quickly realized my xj had literally about half the output of that truck. Haven't been the same since.

Chats

Will put pictures up of light output when I get home

Chats

Still need to do some more adjusting but they're pretty frikkin great.

low beams

high beams

And for kicks and giggles, a loading dock.

Just found a picture of the old lights
    Last edited by ekaybe; 08-08-2014 at 12:25 AM.

Chats

And all of those pictures are sideways despite the fact that I rotated them. Frikkin photobucket!

Ope, just kidding they're right side up now HA

Chats

I have no idea why this harness doesn't come fused out of the box. Wait, yeah I do! Because CHINA, that's why. Going to chop off that unnecessary connector and add some inline fuses. Haven't had any problems so far despite the fact I feel all of the connectors/connections are cheesy. It has only been a couple of days though just give it some time

Need to permanently mount the relays still lol. I ran both of the grounds all the way over to the battery. Wasn't a fan of mounting them on the radiator support like everyone else seemed to do

Chats

Yeah I don't blame you for wanting to ditch that useless connector and installing a fuse... And also don't blame you for running the ground over to the battery... I was going to run the grounds over to the battery after it warmed up outside... but enjoyed the fact of it all worked and enjoyed the Jeep too much to mess with it... On top of that had one headlight that randomly kept cutting off or not turning on in the first place.. so was troubleshooting that for a bit, till I figured out what was up...
    FORMER GREEN XJ CLUB MEMBER
    IF YOU DON'T STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS, FEEL FREE TO STAND IN FRONT OF THEM!!
    DOING SOMETHING JUST BECAUSE YOUR BUDDY DOES IT THAT WAY MAKES AS MUCH SENSE AS SHARING TOOTHBRUSHES

cpttuna is offline Level: Uber Jeep Cherokee Trailer Queen
    Chats

It's like hearing. You do not know how bad your hearing is till you get hearing aids and actually put them in for the first time. I remember hearing the sound of running water. This was one of the first things to amaze me after getting hearing aids. Do the light upgrade with the LMC harness. You will not regret it.

Chats

If I were to do it all over again I would have just made my own harness. But for 30? bucks I guess it wasn't bad. All of the wires are there and if need be I just cut off all the junk when and if it goes bad and replace it with not so cheesy cheese sauce. lol

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12