Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: L&L Fabrication

Chats

Default Re: L&L Fabrication

Shoot a pm to Virginia Fabrication on here. If you don't like the ones he already makes, I'm sure he could do a custom job for ya

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 because my microwave couldn't do it

Chats

Love my Va fab bumper
    91 aw4 Dana 30 and 8.8 with 4.56s, 6in rough country long arm kit, hd offroad shackle relocation, 33s, Va fan full width front bumper, brown dog poly motor mount to go with a fresh long block.

Rocco83 is offline Level: Uber Jeep Cherokee Trailer Queen
    Chats

Couldn't be happier with my VA Fab front bumper.

Chats

Quote Originally Posted by slvmart View Post
    JCR looks like a nice bumper, also. Only thing I noticed is that it appears to taper lower from the front to the back. So my concern would be if it would interfere with the hitch. I'll shoot them a email.
    JCR Offroad has some nice rear bumpers, but I'd have a look at DETOURSUSA.com first. I have one of Mark's rear bumpers with tire carrier. DETOURS is an advertiser on

I was lucky enough to talk Mark into building a custom front bumper for me otherwise, the JCR's were near the top of my list.

abebehrmann is offline Level: Uber Jeep Cherokee Trailer Queen
    Chats

Make that three recommendations for Virginia Fabrication. Love my virginia fab stubby recovery bumper. Only have good things to say about his customer service too, he always answered emails within a day and usually ships out within a couple weeks. Can't beat his prices either.

Chats

Just as an update. I decided to go with a bumper from JCR. Part of the reason is that they are located about a hour drive from where I live.

Chats

Just as an update. I decided to go with a bumper from JCR. Part of the reason is that they are located about a hour drive from where I live.
    That's cool. We've interviewed Brian, of JCR Offroad, on the XJ TALK SHOW! in the past. Be sure and tell them your from but do it AFTER you pay just in case they want to charge you more.

http://www.xjtalkshow.com/index.php/...f-jcr-offroad/

Chats

Cute !

Damn, I should have known what that tax was for !

Chats

If they are only that far away, I'd talk to them about driving up to pick it up and mount it up... That way if you need something clearanced for the plow mounts they can do it right there for you...
    FORMER GREEN XJ CLUB MEMBER
    IF YOU DON'T STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS, FEEL FREE TO STAND IN FRONT OF THEM!!
    DOING SOMETHING JUST BECAUSE YOUR BUDDY DOES IT THAT WAY MAKES AS MUCH SENSE AS SHARING TOOTHBRUSHES

Chats

I can call them. Didn't think they would mount it up for me. But if they are willing to do that, that would be great. Especially, if there is no charge associated with that service.

Chats

Another guy here with the exact same issue as Slvmart.
    Actually, Slvmart, you and me may have been fighting for Chris' response since i ordered on Feb 5th. it actually pisses me off that you managed to get a refund - i mean, good on you, but **** man.

All emails (that he does respond to) push how honest and truthful he is, give no commitments on time, and he won't give a refund at all - saying its tied up in material -Essentially saying tough .

I had to threaten with contacting a lawyer to get a fedex number. That was 4 days ago(18th). Guess i'll have to contact a lawyer now to get my money back or a bumper. Honestly though, i dont think i want the bumper anymore. i saw another thread about very poor fitment, and quality.

Do you have a Contact number for the NC SOS?
    Last edited by Mudderoy; 06-24-2014 at 10:51 AM. Reason: Removed one short sentence.

Chats

1) I would suggest that you file with the BBB :
    http://www.bbb.org/northwestern-north-carolina/
    email : bbb@nwncbbb.com
    Although the BBB did send me a email today that they tried 2x to contact L&L and received no reply, so they closed the complaint. But they do record the complaint against the business.
    2) File with the N.C. DOJ (Attorney General) :
    http://ncdoj.com/Consumer/2-2-12-File-a-Complaint.aspx
    I could not find a email, but the phone number is : (919) 716-6400
    3) Although Paypal says they do not accept complaints after 45 days, which as I noted, are useless. I was able to call them and they did take the complaint but did a CYA. But I would attempt to do so, anyway. (Have I mentioned that I hate using Paypal ? I find them pretty useless and have had a card compromised by them in the past.)
    4) Also make sure to file a complaint with whatever bank card you paid with.

I get the feeling that Chris is short on money, but that is not the Customers problem. He has a responsibility to be up front about his issues and respond to them. Personally, I hit him with whatever I could and he came back with these are not good times for him. I just explained to him that he came across as not having integrity and shutting down (as far as not communicating) without living up to his commitments.

I expressed to him that I have no desire to see him hurt. But I am also not going to sit idly by and be ignored and have my money taken. He only has himself to blame for that.
    Last edited by slvmart; 06-24-2014 at 05:31 PM.

Chats

Quote Originally Posted by bluedragon436 View Post
    If they are only that far away, I'd talk to them about driving up to pick it up and mount it up... That way if you need something clearanced for the plow mounts they can do it right there for you...
    I emailed them and they came back that at one time they were thinking of offering the mounting service, apparently for a fee. But it seems as if they have decided against it. Also, since the JCR bumpers are unpainted, you would have to remove it in order to paint it anyway.

Chats

I emailed them and they came back that at one time they were thinking of offering the mounting service, apparently for a fee. But it seems as if they have decided against it. Also, since the JCR bumpers are unpainted, you would have to remove it in order to paint it anyway.
    Yeah I know they had talked about it, but thought they had decided to do it.. I knew it'd have to come off for paint, but figured if they could mount it just in case it needed to be clearanced any for the plow mounts, figured you want that done before you painted it and had to pull it again have it clearanced and repainted in those spots..
    FORMER GREEN XJ CLUB MEMBER
    IF YOU DON'T STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS, FEEL FREE TO STAND IN FRONT OF THEM!!
    DOING SOMETHING JUST BECAUSE YOUR BUDDY DOES IT THAT WAY MAKES AS MUCH SENSE AS SHARING TOOTHBRUSHES

Chats

Well, I got my bumper.

Not what I envisioned it to be. 3/16ths is a thin metal. And the tubes he supplied for the pre-runner style bumper are HREW... And very thin... Seriously just for looks. The welds are good, though. It appears to be well made, just cheaply made. Guess at 300 bucks... You get what you pay for.

I have sheet of 1/4 inch, I'm going to plate and gusset the important areas, and buy a few feet of DOM for the prerunner tubes.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast