Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: L&L Fabrication

Chats

Thumbs down L&L Fabrication

I placed an order with this "business" back on Feb. 10th, 2014. At the time I was told delivery would be 6+ weeks. I've been in touch with Chris numerous times asking for a status update. Often he doesn't respond. Since I was at 14 weeks of waiting, I decided to take some action. Over the weeks, I have filed a complaints with Paypal, the BBB, and with the North Carolina Secretary of State. So about a week and a half ago Chris finally got back to me and said he would ship the bumper at the end of the week and he would notify me with the tracking number. This was after filing the complaint with the N.C. SOS. Since then, once again I have heard nothing. It is 16 weeks, almost 4 months, later. I have also offered that I would recall my N.C. SOS complaint if I either received the bumper in good condition, or if I received a refund. Chris says he can not give me a refund, he does not have the money.
    So be forewarned, this is not a professional business and does not live up to its commitments.

abebehrmann is offline Level: Uber Jeep Cherokee Trailer Queen
    Chats

Default Re: L&L Fabrication

That sucks man! I hope you get your bumper soon or your money back.

Chats

I have invited L&L Fabrication to respond.

Chats

I'm sorry to hear that Steve.... I had looked @ picking up an L&L Fab bumper for my XJ a little while back.. Thank you for sharing your experience to hopefully warn others before they experience similar experience... I hope that this can be resolved, but as I've learned over the years.. it might be a long and argues journey!!
    FORMER GREEN XJ CLUB MEMBER
    IF YOU DON'T STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS, FEEL FREE TO STAND IN FRONT OF THEM!!
    DOING SOMETHING JUST BECAUSE YOUR BUDDY DOES IT THAT WAY MAKES AS MUCH SENSE AS SHARING TOOTHBRUSHES

Chats

Unfortunately, the lesson to learn from this appears to be not to deal with start up businesses. However, that is really unfair to other start ups that intend on providing quality service to customers and limits their (that new start ups) chance of success.
    I have been blocked from posting on the L&L Facebook page, as I assume, they do not want others to know how they do business. It's sort of useless to have a rating on Facebook that can be manipulated by the business, for their own advantage.
    SO YES ! Buyer beware.

I would be surprised if Chris bothers to respond to the "invite" to comment on the situation. But let him prove me wrong.

Chats

Just FYI. I just filed a claim with the bank for the disputed amount, and called Paypal who claim they can do nothing.
    An additional note, on the Facebook page for L&L Fab, their were others who complained about not receiving product, or long wait times. I guess I know next time to check out all resources before placing orders with other unknown businesses.
    In the long run, I could have paid 2x the amount for a bumper and been ahead.
    I've never been a big fan of Paypal, as I might as well just pay directly instead of going through some middle man. The middle man doesn't really have much of an interest in doing anything about disputes, they already got their cut. They have a 45 day time frame on filing complains and disputes. Not real useful when the given delivery date is 6+ weeks.

Chats

Is their facebook page down? i cant seem to find it
    TO ALL PRESENT, AND FUTURE, OWNERS OF RECREATION VEHICLES: may your days afield be filled with joyful and purposeful activity---but never at the expense of your fellow man, lesser creatures, the soil, woods or water.

My 96 XJ Build:My 96 XJ Build

Chats

I finally got a response from Chris this morning, after telling him that I had filed a claim with the bank and with Paypal. Somehow it always takes me telling him something he doesn't want to hear for him to respond. Anyway he still claims he intends on shipping the bumper. I gave up on getting a commitment date, since they obviously don't mean anything.

To make a long story short, Chris says he has taken the Facebook site down, saying that he has stopped orders. Not sure if he is talking new ones or what.

Chats

I was just notified by Paypal, and by Chris at L&L Fab, that he has issued me a refund. And I have verified that I did receive the money in my account.

I also contacted the North Carolina Attorney Generals office of the refund.

Any suggestions on what bumper to buy ? I need something that has access to my front mounted hitch receiver, as I have a smaller hitch mounted plow that I use in winter. So the bumper can't be too tall (so it won't interfere with the hitch) and can't stick out real far. I can quantify the stick out not too far part with an actual measurement.
    Last edited by slvmart; 06-18-2014 at 06:04 AM.

Chats

Glad they finally took responsibility and issued the refund they should have done a while back..

Are you looking for a winch type bumper, or just an aftermarket bumper w/ D-ring loops??
    DOING SOMETHING JUST BECAUSE YOUR BUDDY DOES IT THAT WAY MAKES AS MUCH SENSE AS SHARING TOOTHBRUSHES

Chats

I was going to get a winch bumper, not that I intend on having a winch installed on a full time basis. But I have a winch on my car trailer that I use for pulling cars onto the trailer.

Actually, even D rings are optional, as I do have a shackle that I can attach to my front mounted, and rear mounted, receiver. I was thinking of the Rough Country 1057. http://www.roughcountry.com/jeep-xj-...mper-1057.html
    This bumper is reasonably priced and appears to be pretty beefy.

Chats

Yeah that RC bumper is a pretty decent unit, I looked at picking that one up with the D-rings and the "stinger" add ons for my 98... I've seen a few of them in person and they are pretty decent looking units..

Chats

Looks like it should do the job and is a decent price
    230 hp 4.3L Chevy
    Built 4L60E with manual lockout
    Atlas 4 speed
    Griffin radiator
    On board air
    Warn 9.5ti on custom bumper
    7.5" RE front and bastard pack rear on custom long arms
    30 gal gas tank
    lockers
    And a bunch of other stuff

Chats

Quote Originally Posted by slvmart View Post
    I was just notified by Paypal, and by Chris at L&L Fab, that he has issued me a refund. And I have verified that I did receive the money in my account.

I also contacted the North Carolina Attorney Generals office of the refund.

Any suggestions on what bumper to buy ? I need something that has access to my front mounted hitch receiver, as I have a smaller hitch mounted plow that I use in winter. So the bumper can't be too tall (so it won't interfere with the hitch) and can't stick out real far. I can quantify the stick out not too far part with an actual measurement.
    Front bumper? I really like the JCR Offroad bumpers. The one we have on my wife's TJ is very nice.

Chats

JCR looks like a nice bumper, also. Only thing I noticed is that it appears to taper lower from the front to the back. So my concern would be if it would interfere with the hitch. I'll shoot them a email.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast