Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Chats

Default Re: I need Samsung Galaxy Note 3 help!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco83 View Post
    There is a reason phones only last 2 years for the most part, to force people to upgrade. That's about the time you'll get out of an iPhone battery. I know some people can't live without a phone in front of their face and 100s of apps going to burn their battery in 6-12 hours between charges. I get 2-3 days a pop on my iPhone. Good enough for me. Different strokes for different folks.
    I get a hour, hour and a half maybe if I use it.

Chats

I have a S4 and the only problems, in the past 2 years, was due to the micro usb cable going bad. Before that a S3 and my sister in law still is using that phone with no problem. Also check if the micro usb receptacle on the phone isn't dirty, especially if you don't have a case that protects the port when not in use. My wife uses iPhones, and she's had more than her share of problems with them. But not being a tech type, she likes the fact that Apple makes all the decisions for her.

Chats

Well I now have a third replacement phone. It, like the previous note 3's that I've had to have replaced , just had bad charging ports. It's a known weak spot with this phone. And its not from dropping it on the charger or something like that, it's an internal problem. My issue, and why it makes me so mad is that I run my business pretty much off of this phone or using this phone as a wifi hotspot to run my laptop. When its down it costs me money. This past week when it stopped I was in the middle of booking a week and a half worth of work. I lost out seven thousand dollars worth of gross revenue thanks to the inferior piece of technology that this Samsung phone is. I used my iphone successfully in the exact same capacity since 2008 and never had a single problem. So I can read all of the iPhone Android debates however the iPhone never actually cost me revenue in my business and this Samsuck Scamdroid I'll of manure does it frequently. I have other Samsung devices that I do not have problems with. I have a tablet that is not Samsung but does run the Android that I don't have problems with . It just seems to be this supposedly state-of-the-art note 3. As far as I'm concerned, iPhone is better and always will be. Its never let me down

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Chats

Interestingly enough, when I originally bought my first laptop to carry in my truck I purchased a MacBook Pro. I had an iPhone and bought the MacBook Pro because it was very compatible with the iPhone. Everybody and their brother and their sister warned me not to get a MacBook as I would have serious compatibility issues left and right running anything Apple. I did it anyway since I was at the time very angry with Microsoft. I only on this Android phone because it has nothing to do with Microsoft or Windows. ill never give a red cent to microsoft. I never plan on it again. That is what drove my original decision to go all Apple. Even with everyone warning me about the compatibility issues I would undoubtedly have, I never had one. I've always been able to successfully run my business using all Apple with not one, repeat not even one single time, have I ever had a compatibility issue. Now, since I've used this note 3 Android? Compatibility issues left and right. It is a very common for me to have to stop what I'm doing on my note 3 and continue on my MacBook Pro because something somewhere with someone I'm doing business with is not compatible in some way with this Android note 3. I guess I'm just a hopeless Apple fanboy. But I come by it honestly and with experience. The experience that I've never had any problems running my business with Apple but have had nothing but problems trying to run my business with Microsoft and Android

Last edited by Paddletrucker; 06-10-2014 at 03:25 PM.

Chats

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco83 View Post
    Unfortunately it sounds like you can't stop to grab another battery, but I always carried a spare with me when I had phones that had removable batteries. The hard restart is about the only thing I could imagine, or buying another cheap charger at a gas station and making sure it isn't your charger.

Easiest way I've found to fix issues with Android phones is to buy an iPhone haha. For all the people who bitch the screen isn't big enough they will have your fix with the next iteration.
    And I can't wait for the new larger screen iPhone. I'm thinking of having a ceremonial burning of this Android phone the day I bring home my new iphone

Rocco83 is offline Level: Uber Jeep Cherokee Trailer Queen
    Chats

Anymore many businesses are switching to doing most everything on the iPhone due to reliability. As well as the Apple computers to go along with them. The compatibility issues were mostly a thing of the past. I haven't found anything a windows PC runs that there wasn't a counterpart, or that Wine wouldn't make work on an Apple computer. To each their own though. If you were needing something bigger than the current iPhone they should have that fix out in under a year

Chats

Quote Originally Posted by Paddletrucker View Post
    Interestingly enough, when I originally bought my first laptop to carry in my truck I purchased a MacBook Pro. I had an iPhone and bought the MacBook Pro because it was very compatible with the iPhone. Everybody and their brother and their sister warned me not to get a MacBook as I would have serious compatibility issues left and right running anything Apple. I did it anyway since I was at the time very angry with Microsoft. I only on this Android phone because it has nothing to do with Microsoft or Windows. ill never give a red cent to microsoft. I never plan on it again. That is what drove my original decision to go all Apple. Even with everyone warning me about the compatibility issues I would undoubtedly have, I never had one. I've always been able to successfully run my business using all Apple with not one, repeat not even one single time, have I ever had a compatibility issue. Now, since I've used this note 3 Android? Compatibility issues left and right. It is a very common for me to have to stop what I'm doing on my note 3 and continue on my MacBook Pro because something somewhere with someone I'm doing business with is not compatible in some way with this Android note 3. I guess I'm just a hopeless Apple fanboy. But I come by it honestly and with experience. The experience that I've never had any problems running my business with Apple but have had nothing but problems trying to run my business with Microsoft and Android

There is a product I use called Fusion. It will allow you to use a number of virtual machines on your Apple computer. I use it to run some very intensive software that makes most Windows PCs just stop and throw up. With Fusion, I can run this stuff on my Mac Pro flawlessly day in and out just as hard and fast as I can and never miss a beat. It can be done, but only on an Apple apparently. It allows you to switch back and forth between both operating systems and cut and paste back and forth, which is what I do with my business. So don't give up on the Mac yet. It is still the best way to go
    230 hp 4.3L Chevy
    Built 4L60E with manual lockout
    Atlas 4 speed
    Griffin radiator
    On board air
    Warn 9.5ti on custom bumper
    7.5" RE front and bastard pack rear on custom long arms
    30 gal gas tank
    lockers
    And a bunch of other stuff

Chats

I think you misunderstood me, Steve. I've never repeat never had a compatibility issue with Apple. My MacBook Pro has been far superior to any other laptop I've ever used. My compatibility issues have all come from Microsoft and especially this Android system. I routinely have to shutdown the Android then go with Apple to complete a task. Given the experiences I've had running my business from the truck, I would never ever think about using anything besides my Apple MacBook Pro

Chats

Originally, my decision to go with MacBook even with people telling me about the compatibility issues we're programs like fusion or when does parallel. I was pretty sure that if I did run into a compatibility issue I could use one of those programs to get through it. I've never, however, had any compatibility issues with my MacBook Pro and have never needed to use any of those programs. Everything has always worked just fine. I wish I could say the same about this Android or that Microsoft systems I've used previously

Chats

OK, sorry Nate. I am an Apple guy all the way because they always go the extra mile to figure everything out and don't skimp on hardware. I was just thinking about making the phone work right with what you need to do
    230 hp 4.3L Chevy
    Built 4L60E with manual lockout
    Atlas 4 speed
    Griffin radiator
    On board air
    Warn 9.5ti on custom bumper
    7.5" RE front and bastard pack rear on custom long arms
    30 gal gas tank
    lockers
    And a bunch of other stuff

Rocco83 is offline Level: Uber Jeep Cherokee Trailer Queen
    Chats

Btw not sure how close you follow Apple, but Yosemite and iOS8 together are looking amazing as they are meshing even closer in what they offer each other in the name of simplicity and cohesiveness.

Chats

I'll remind everyone Apple is just running linux with their own front end.

Apple makes too man decisions for my liking, and gives you far too little choices, oh and it cost 50%(?) more.

No thank you, I'll pay less and get more. Now if you're not an IT professional and you're just trying to get something done, Apple may be a blessing to you.

Not me. I messed with a Mac back in the early 80's, then had to set up email on an iphone about 3 months ago for someone here at the office. About two weeks ago I looked at the settings on my Mom's iPad, that is the extent of my Apple experience.

Chats

Tony it's funny you say that. My main issue right now that I'm having is Google and this Android phone not letting me do the things the way I want to do then. Everyone told me about the customizing that I'd be able to do on Android. Not! I don't find it any more customizable then Apple. Matter of fact Google is forcing me into a lot of things that I just flat cannot stand. Never had that problem with Apple but since Google is tied to this Android system I don't have the same choices or as many choices that I had using my iPhone

Chats

Oh, and this note cost considerably more than my iPhone's ever did

Chats

Quote Originally Posted by Paddletrucker View Post
    Tony it's funny you say that. My main issue right now that I'm having is Google and this Android phone not letting me do the things the way I want to do then. Everyone told me about the customizing that I'd be able to do on Android. Not! I don't find it any more customizable then Apple. Matter of fact Google is forcing me into a lot of things that I just flat cannot stand. Never had that problem with Apple but since Google is tied to this Android system I don't have the same choices or as many choices that I had using my iPhone

Oh believe me I'm not arguing with you. I'm agreeing that you need exactly what works for you. Especially where money is involved.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast