Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Chats

Default I need Samsung Galaxy Note 3 help!!!

So here's the situation. Once again my samsuck phone has stopped charging. I'm about 300 miles away from home, I have some extremely important things to do that I need my phone for, and yet again this Samsuck phone has let me down. This will be the 4th time this has happened if I take it to devices support services they will give me yet another phone. The problem is I need it right now. My regrettable decisions to switch from iPhone to Android/Samsuck has already cost me thousands of dollars because of this phone going down. If it happens tonight and I'm not able to complete the work that I need to do in book this load its going to cost me 7000. Do any of you know our way to make this thing start charging again? I have 23 percent battery remaining and I need this phone to last all night. There is no way I can leave my location and go and find another battery. I am in the middle of nowhere and cannot leave the load that I'm under. I need for this sub standard piece of crappy hardware to make it until morning. I desperately need to get it charging.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Chats

Default Re: I need Samsung Galaxy Note 3 help!!!

You cannot tether it to the charger and have it work?
    230 hp 4.3L Chevy
    Built 4L60E with manual lockout
    Atlas 4 speed
    Griffin radiator
    On board air
    Warn 9.5ti on custom bumper
    7.5" RE front and bastard pack rear on custom long arms
    30 gal gas tank
    lockers
    And a bunch of other stuff

Chats

Oh and here's something interesting. If I unplug the charger from my cigarette lighter but leave it hooked into the phone the power indicator light on the charger will remain on. So its sending power toward the charger somehow or another

Chats

Sounds screwed up. Other than leaving it hooked to the charger, I am not sure what you can do. Surely if it is hooked to the charger you can still operate it
    230 hp 4.3L Chevy
    Built 4L60E with manual lockout
    Atlas 4 speed
    Griffin radiator
    On board air
    Warn 9.5ti on custom bumper
    7.5" RE front and bastard pack rear on custom long arms
    30 gal gas tank
    lockers
    And a bunch of other stuff

Chats

Quote Originally Posted by Paddletrucker View Post
    So here's the situation. Once again my samsuck phone has stopped charging. I'm about 300 miles away from home, I have some extremely important things to do that I need my phone for, and yet again this Samsuck phone has let me down. This will be the 4th time this has happened if I take it to devices support services they will give me yet another phone. The problem is I need it right now. My regrettable decisions to switch from iPhone to Android/Samsuck has already cost me thousands of dollars because of this phone going down. If it happens tonight and I'm not able to complete the work that I need to do in book this load its going to cost me 7000. Do any of you know our way to make this thing start charging again? I have 23 percent battery remaining and I need this phone to last all night. There is no way I can leave my location and go and find another battery. I am in the middle of nowhere and cannot leave the load that I'm under. I need for this sub standard piece of crappy hardware to make it until morning. I desperately need to get it charging.

Stop at WalMart and get a burner. One Twitter follower suggested removing the battery. Also I would get another battery and a separate charger. Think redundancy.

Chats

It will not work well hooked to the charger. Once the battery is dead it will be dead. Thanks Tony I will try to remove the battery and put it back in and see if that helps

Chats

What is a burner?

Chats

A cheap throw away phone.

Chats

My Samsung (I like the Samsuck thing) has all kinds of problems. Try a hard restart (hold the power button down for ten seconds), removing and replacing the battery, and if you have more than one auxiliary output in your tractor try swapping to the other. hope it gets working for you soon.

Chats

Quote Originally Posted by XJ Wheeler View Post
    My Samsung (I like the Samsuck thing) has all kinds of problems. Try a hard restart (hold the power button down for ten seconds), removing and replacing the battery, and if you have more than one auxiliary output in your tractor try swapping to the other. hope it gets working for you soon.
    I've had my Samsung Galaxy II for 3(?) years now. Looks like hell works great. My wife and oldest daughter had a HTC and finally they stopped using them in favor for Samsungs. Surprised you guys are having issues. My Youngest had a SGII and the power button started having a problem after a couple of years. She carries it in her pocket which I think leads to over heating and failures.

I don't do that with mine, and never would. I buy a case for them to go in and hang it off my belt or clip it to my blue jeans pocket.

Chats

Quote Originally Posted by Mudderoy View Post
    I've had my Samsung Galaxy II for 3(?) years now. Looks like hell works great. My wife and oldest daughter had a HTC and finally they stopped using them in favor for Samsungs. Surprised you guys are having issues. My Youngest had a SGII and the power button started having a problem after a couple of years. She carries it in her pocket which I think leads to over heating and failures.

I don't do that with mine, and never would. I buy a case for them to go in and hang it off my belt or clip it to my blue jeans pocket.
    I do put it in my pocket but it never gets hot in there, usually its hottest times are when I am holding it. And its had problems ever since I got it, actually this is a replacement as the first had a breakdown at two months. Replacement wasn't much better.

Rocco83 is offline Level: Uber Jeep Cherokee Trailer Queen
    Chats

Unfortunately it sounds like you can't stop to grab another battery, but I always carried a spare with me when I had phones that had removable batteries. The hard restart is about the only thing I could imagine, or buying another cheap charger at a gas station and making sure it isn't your charger.

Easiest way I've found to fix issues with Android phones is to buy an iPhone haha. For all the people who bitch the screen isn't big enough they will have your fix with the next iteration.

Chats

In my experience with any phone, (I currently have the Galaxy S4) I tend to be a little rough with the charging port on the phone. Any time you get a warranty replacement phone there is a 90% chance that you're getting a refurbished phone.... and I think that's B.S.. BUT, what I have done is what Tony suggested: I bought a stand alone battery charger and a few cheap knockoff batteries. I always have a spare charged battery with me in my console.

I have never come across a phone that has great battery life (except my old blackberry(s)) if you are one of us that uses the phone all the time. My wife barely uses her phone (Sony Xperia Z) and the battery lasts 3 days. But if she used it more than twice a day the battery wouldn't last the way it does.

It does piss me off that all the cool features of my S4 cannot be turned on (like the Air View, Air Gesture, Smart Stay, Smart Pause, Smart Scroll, etc., because all those eat up battery life.

Now, to your original issue... I have found that different chargers won't charge my phone even though they are all the same connector. Maybe try a different charger cable and that could fix it. My wife's car charger doesn't work on my phone even though it's the exact same connector, but her wall charger does. Odd, isn't it?

I am assuming that this issue is occurring in your big rig and that you have some sort of power inverter in there as well. Maybe try a wall charger plugged to your inverter? Just a few options.

Chats

Quick search says "bad battery" "bad charger" "bent mini usb connector"

2nd charger, and if you can get one that can charge the battery by itself.

2nd battery. I bet your problems will be solved.

Frankly there's no way I'd have a cell phone without a 2nd battery, and one of the reasons I'll never buy an iPhone. How stupid is it to build a device with a battery sealed inside? I mean if the battery will power the phone for it's lifetime sure.

Rocco83 is offline Level: Uber Jeep Cherokee Trailer Queen
    Chats

Quote Originally Posted by Mudderoy View Post
    Quick search says "bad battery" "bad charger" "bent mini usb connector"

2nd charger, and if you can get one that can charge the battery by itself.

2nd battery. I bet your problems will be solved.

Frankly there's no way I'd have a cell phone without a 2nd battery, and one of the reasons I'll never buy an iPhone. How stupid is it to build a device with a battery sealed inside? I mean if the battery will power the phone for it's lifetime sure.

There is a reason phones only last 2 years for the most part, to force people to upgrade. That's about the time you'll get out of an iPhone battery. I know some people can't live without a phone in front of their face and 100s of apps going to burn their battery in 6-12 hours between charges. I get 2-3 days a pop on my iPhone. Good enough for me. Different strokes for different folks.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast