Thread: Aftermarket Bumpers

Default Aftermarket Bumpers

I have a 2001 XJ that needs some recovery points and a place to mount the spare. I am looking at the Smittybilt XRC front and rear bumpers at Quadratec. Does anyone have experience with these bumpers? I don't have the resources or time to make my own bumpers. These seem to be pretty affordable. I know there are much nicer and heavier duty, such as ARB and Warn, but I like the way these look. They are also in my budget.
    Thanks.

Default Re: Aftermarket Bumpers

I had Smittybilt on my Wrangler and loved them. Took a beating and knocked down a tree with one (on accident).

I just got a Virginafabrication front bumper and see how it does. Looks pretty solid to me!
    US Army 2005 - 2014
    US Army Reserves 2014 - Present

2001 XJ Limited 4dr I6 Auto.

"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here!"

Capt. John Parker, Lexington militia

From the info I've gotten on them from asking around, the guys who have em like em. I think they're a good design, perhaps a bit bulky but good for the money especially with all they offer.

I have the Smittybilt front bumper. It took me around 8 months to get the bumper after I ordered is from 4wd. So heads up there. The powder coating is pretty bad and I'm seeing rust starting in places that have never been in contact with anything that would compromise the coating.

Installation was pretty easy with a buddy or two. Warning: This bumper is heavy. Not just kind of heavy but really, really heavy. With that said... It's well built and, thought I haven't put too much pressure on it, I am confident that it could take a serious beating.

Looking at Quadratec's current deal if you buy both the front and the rear bumper I'd say for for it.