Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    07Negative is offline Level: Uber Jeep Cherokee Trailer Queen
    Chats

Default Everything I want to do is illegal

This thread will be focused on laws and government force on farmers.
    I titled this thread from one of my favorite farmers, Joel Salatin, and a book he wrote.
    I'm not entirely sure about my opinions on this particular case. But most likely. I'd side with the farmer.
    1) http://reason.com/blog/2014/04/11/ne...-a-dea#comment

I'll add to this b/c I'm always finding stuff on farmers. Raw milk farmers being treated like fricking thugs by the FBI and DNR and local LEO's. ETC etc etc....

Chats

Default Re: Everything I want to do is illegal

This is another badass farmer. I've seen this guy on 3 occasions through farming conferences. He's an awesome guy. A true American. His name is Mark Baker. He's a vet and a kickass farmer. If you're in the Michigan area. Get your hands on his pork. It's so damn good!
    For almost 3 years. He was being screwed with by the DNR.
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-EpUTTuohQ#t=64"]PLAN B - Hogwash: An American Pig Tale - YouTube[/ame]

http://bakersgreenacres.com/

Chats

We need to severely reduce the powers of the federal government.

Chats

Here is one that might interest you then

http://patriotupdate.com/articles/bu...standoff-warm/
    230 hp 4.3L Chevy
    Built 4L60E with manual lockout
    Atlas 4 speed
    Griffin radiator
    On board air
    Warn 9.5ti on custom bumper
    7.5" RE front and bastard pack rear on custom long arms
    30 gal gas tank
    lockers
    And a bunch of other stuff

Chats

Steve! I love how you have a pulse.
    It's kinda like how the stupid Sierra club started with good intentions. But now it's a cash cow and they'd love anything but to keep us out of the rubicon.
    Great article!
    And yes. We need far less government. But think about all the government employees. From first responders (LEO's & firefighters) to universities, town/city workers, hospitals the ****in list goes on. That's why I insist on working in the private sector. Sure wish I had government employee wages though

Chats

Yup, the government has gotten out of hand. There are some good things that the gov can and should do. Run schools, fire protection etc. But it has expanded so much now and gotten tyrannical in the last few years
    230 hp 4.3L Chevy
    Atlas 4 speed
    Griffin radiator
    On board air
    30 gal gas tank
    lockers

Chats

I would argue education. If you haven't sat through a course at a local UC or even JC. It's bloody mad. I personally think a college education at this point is highly over valued. But you'd kick babies once you've interacted with the doh doh's coming outa these establishments.
    I get interns quarterly. I interview them along with the Md that writes my pay check. Outa 50 applicants. I choose 2. That's how bad it is. Last time we choose 1. And this person was still a dip. I went to the same bloody UC! And I'm a dip myself.
    Again, I'm reading Joel Salatin's latest book. He has a few opinions about this cycle in this book, like he has others. It's all just funny/sad.

Chats

Here is another one for you to oo and ah over.

http://hotair.com/archives/2014/04/1...-or-something/
    230 hp 4.3L Chevy
    Atlas 4 speed
    Griffin radiator
    On board air
    30 gal gas tank
    lockers

Chats

My favourite driving haunts have been locked down.

Seems I need to be a CoalSeamGas company employee .... to access the few remaining State Forests in my area ..

Gubberment beaurocrats .. They're nothing but big frogs in little puddles ..
    I hate watching simplicity and reliability being ruined by bureaucracy and technology.

Quote Originally Posted by MattybPDX
    If my jeep is going to be a grocery getter it's at least going to be a friggin awesome one.

Chats

Get yourself a hardhat Carves
    230 hp 4.3L Chevy
    Atlas 4 speed
    Griffin radiator
    On board air
    30 gal gas tank
    lockers

Chats

Here is an update on he Bundy Ranch

http://news.yahoo.com/militia-member...030813408.html
    230 hp 4.3L Chevy
    Atlas 4 speed
    Griffin radiator
    On board air
    30 gal gas tank
    lockers

Chats

Nice read! Glad some real Americans showed up. For a minute there I thought we were turning into a bunch of candy asses. I love ignorant banter that takes place on Yahoo news. It's scary really. Bc you can hide behind a computer with a fake name. People pull out all their ignorance, misinformation, & hatred towards each other.

Chats

Yeah, Yahoo is kind of liberal, but they do some good reporting now and then
    230 hp 4.3L Chevy
    Atlas 4 speed
    Griffin radiator
    On board air
    30 gal gas tank
    lockers

Chats

Agreed on that Steve. And nor can you as an individual rely on a single source of info. I like that post alot.

Rocco83 is offline Level: Uber Jeep Cherokee Trailer Queen
    Chats

I really wish colleges had higher standards on not only who they let in their doors to learn, but who they let in their doors to teach. I actually had one of my teachers fired and was able to take over teaching the class for Flash and Dreamweaver back in the day. Our teacher had no idea what she was doing. I don't fully blame her. I more blame the administration who hired her not having vetting her qualifications. I've had many teachers that really had zero idea what they were talking about.

The show Community really isn't far off from the truth on some of the crap that goes on at community colleges. The sad part is that I was going to an Ohio State University branch. One of the most well know universities (most likely due to the extremely mediocre sports teams). You would expect more from a big school. There was a time when a college diploma was a point of pride. Anymore unless you go to an actual prestigious college a diploma is a joke.

As a country we used to be up there at the top on school rankings. We are what, 33rd in the world now? Liberals think that, "no child shall be left behind." So they dumb things down to not hurt kids feelings for being stupid. They put kids in pre-school now to start teaching them young and the kids still turn out dumbasses. Kids are allowed to take their cellphones with them to classes now, they get 4 years to pass state standardized tests, and if they want to be lazy and do no work, the teachers will slide the, through with D- to get them through the system.

When I was in school if you took your cellphone out of your locker after the first bell, or before the last of the day it was destroyed. Not taken, destroyed. You had one chance to pass the standardized testing. If you were lazy the teacher would make sure you got held back a year to be sure you learned everything they had to teach you. We earned our diplomas, we didn't just have them handed to us with an, "everyone deserves a trophy no matter how much you suck" sticker.

The pussification of the grand 'old US of A is in full swing. Our citizen have become fat, lazy, complacent fools who are scared of the government. Our government has become lean, mean, and quick to take advantage of the citizens who have fully given up the power they have over the government. The government is suppose to work for its citizens. They managed to flip it on us and the people who rather just keep giving up freedoms rather than making the change we need. We vote congressmen and representatives who use our tax money to constantly take trips and not even be present on votes. The only vote they all make it a point to is the one where they vote themselves a raise. Red and blue are on the same page with voting that day.

I hate to say it, but for me it is damn hard to be a patriot and proud of our country today. Just looking at the average kid today drains every ounce of hope I have for our country's future from me. Can you imagine future laws? "U hav 2 b insId ur hous by 9. Dnt b l8 Lol!!!"

/rantoff

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast