Thread: New IL member excited to be here!

Default New IL member excited to be here!

I first signed in last week. Been on the other forums for years and totally naked up to find XJ talk!

Who is Ulybrew? I carry my handle over from my Buell Ulysses and it just stuck.

We are currently in Illinois outside of Chicago. Translated from God's country The South! North GA boy. Love the mountains and the great trails. Don't get me stayed on Tellico. ....

Anyway. The kid and I picked up 1998 Lifted cherokee. Red of course! Need s work of course. It's a salt baby. But we are up to the challenge. The kid is using it as a dd.

Love the love show! Running thru the entire archive now. I am an xjtalk.com addict! The wife calls it high tech jeep Facebook for Old guys. So be it. It's cool.

I'd anyone knows of a local ACTIVE group in north il
    I am all ears. We ate looking forward to some warmer snow free days this year. I have been traveling so the list of need to dos is huge!
    Ulybrew
    Oswego IL
    Driveway:
    1998 XJ Sport RED XJ Club
    2nd XJ In Progress

Default Re: New IL member excited to be here!

to from Delaware... Well at least till I move back down south!!
    FORMER GREEN XJ CLUB MEMBER
    IF YOU DON'T STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS, FEEL FREE TO STAND IN FRONT OF THEM!!
    DOING SOMETHING JUST BECAUSE YOUR BUDDY DOES IT THAT WAY MAKES AS MUCH SENSE AS SHARING TOOTHBRUSHES

Welcome to the forum Mike. Glad you found us. Finding trails in the North is somewhat a challenge, not like where I live where I can fall out the door and be on the way to some wheeling. But one suggestion I would give is that you google OHV trails for a target area, like a state or something. I have found trails that way, like one I was on recently called Hell Hole. You can read about it in a thread called "Last Sunday we went to hell" It is very near the famous Rubicon trail and receives no publicity because of that. I found that one perusing a site called Trails.com
    230 hp 4.3L Chevy
    Built 4L60E with manual lockout
    Atlas 4 speed
    Griffin radiator
    On board air
    Warn 9.5ti on custom bumper
    7.5" RE front and bastard pack rear on custom long arms
    30 gal gas tank
    lockers
    And a bunch of other stuff

Oswego ! I remember when that was a farm field ! Now it's a mini megalopolis. Welcome aboard.

Im in kenosha. Just across the wi border. And as said trails around here normally means a weekend trip or more.

Hello and welcome! We have another IL member here, JolietJohnny, but as his handle suggests, he's in Joliet.

Welcome to the site! When do we get to see the new project! If you want you could start a build thread and chronicle all the hard work you guys are putting into it.

Sent via messenger pigeon - i talk, he types.

All things being relative, Joliet isn't all that far from Oswego. I'm originally from Illinois, (Chicago near west suburbs) although I now live in SW Michigan.

Welcome from God's favorite part of IL! My cousin lives up there, he's in our Jeep club, I know we're a 4 hr journey but we do welcome you Chi-townies from time to time
    My build; Project ASAT (All Seasons, All Terrain)-http://www.xjtalk.com/showthread.php?t=16793

My faith in Christ does not make me perfect or better, just forgiven!

Welcome! I'm about three hours south of you in Decatur. You found the premiere Jeep forum on the net. Trust me I've been in a lot of them in the past 15 yrs and was even a moderator on the 4-Bangers yahoo group the only other decent one I found. The others are flame wars, and peeing matches. Anyway I digress welcome aboard and enjoy that XJ! You might want to check out the Baflands Attica, In. It's about the biggest one that I know of anywhere nearer Illinois

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks folk for the warm welcome. I love this forum for all the reasons.

Ill and indy folks where is the best place to keep up wroth the local details and are there any local shops? I will watch the Midwest page here on the xjtalk......
    Ulybrew
    Oswego IL
    Driveway:
    1998 XJ Sport RED XJ Club
    2nd XJ In Progress