Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Chats

Default Re: Both rant and looking for advice

Wow some of you guys have a whole different outlook on kids than I. I have 2 (boy and girl). I love every minute with them, never even noticed what they cost me either. Now my son is 17 and loves to wheel so I always have a wheeling buddy that goes on my schedule. Been married 27 yrs, the thing I like best about my marriage is absolute trust, you can't find that much any more.
    Marriage and children aren't for everyone, it's good that some folks realize this before they screw someone else's life up. Go with what makes you happy, just be sure you are truly happy.

98 Cherokee Sport,
    Build thread:http://www.xjtalk.com/showthread.php?t=5172

Some big gnarly rock crawler thingy.
    Build thread:http://www.xjtalk.com/showthread.php?t=16616

My offroad Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Team-...75944179170166

07Negative is offline Level: Uber Jeep Cherokee Trailer Queen
    Chats

You can smell pot in the air here on a regular basis. I do have to say Cali houses some of the best cannabis breeders. And beer brewers. We can grow hemp now too. It all gets sent to Canada for processing though.
    There are tons of helicopters flying around looking for that stuff too. More so up north. Humbolt's entire economy is relied on cannabis.

Rocco83 is offline Level: Uber Jeep Cherokee Trailer Queen
    Chats

Quote Originally Posted by Firemanray View Post
    Wow some of you guys have a whole different outlook on kids than I. I have 2 (boy and girl). I love every minute with them, never even noticed what they cost me either. Now my son is 17 and loves to wheel so I always have a wheeling buddy that goes on my schedule. Been married 27 yrs, the thing I like best about my marriage is absolute trust, you can't find that much any more.
    Marriage and children aren't for everyone, it's good that some folks realize this before they screw someone else's life up. Go with what makes you happy, just be sure you are truly happy.
    I admire that and people who truly do love kids and whatnot. Just not my thing. I always thought I would be that cool uncle that spoiled my cousins kids and did things with them...Turns out I truly dislike children, really really dislike them. My mother always wanted grandchildren and still resents me for never giving her any and not having the ability to now.

I really can't even do relationships anymore. Women always jet when they find out that I want nothing to do with kids. Thankfully I'm at peace with that and have no problem spending my time without a permanent fixture around the house.

Congrats on 27 years though. Too many people my age give up on marriages when times get hard and take the easy way out. I just turned 30 and a lot of my friends have been divorced already. Glad to see people sticking it out. You would think people would find out whether or not they could live with someone before they get married and end it before that big commitment.

Chats

Me and my wife lived together for year before we were married. That was 32 years ago. We have 2 boys now 30 and 24. All that is great but the best thing is GRANDSONS!! I have 2, one is 9 and the other is 5 and they love Jeeps and offroading. Life is good.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Chats

Icon11 Re: Both rant and looking for advice

Just one 23 yo son, the only 1 was not by choice, just the way it turned out. Meaning it would have been more kids if it would have worked out. It was hell at times, but now well worth it. All I can say about kids, if they are a problem, is never give up but never give in.
    As far as the wife, didn't really have to stick with anything. After almost 33 years, it's been great, with a few bumps, but nothing major.
    The right combo makes a world of difference. Sort of like the right suspension gets you what you need in your XJ. And I agree, trust is everything. But you only get what you put into it, if she's the right one.
    Last edited by slvmart; 03-01-2014 at 04:31 AM.

Chats

Quote Originally Posted by 07Negative View Post
    So I've been going back and forth with the woman of the house about moving out of Cali. I personally just can't take it any more and its been a long time coming.
    She's also bugging me to get married and have another kid. As is we have a 2.5 year old girl and a 3 year old rottweiler. I actually don't believe in marriage. I'm one not religious. I think its an insult to religion for non believers. Nor am I one for government. So to me marriage is either a fundamentalist based thing or government related.
    Why do women want to get frickin married? Whats the point, really?
    My other gripe is more humans is not a good thing. I wish they would put birth control in the water already. Mainly aimed at all the stupid people having kids.
    So do I just do this marriage thing and call it a day or what?
    Hopefully I didn't offend anyone, but I wouldn't be surprised if I didn't.
    I look at it as a respect issue. Respect to the woman, or man, and for the child(ren). Children often feel divorce are their fault, so I think it makes sense that if their parents aren't married they may feel they really aren't that important.

These are just general thoughts, individual actions make a big difference.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12