Page 9 of 29 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
    Chats

Default Re: What did you do to your NON Jeep today?

Don't you just love those hack jobs? What are you going to replace it with?
    230 hp 4.3L Chevy
    Built 4L60E with manual lockout
    Atlas 4 speed
    Griffin radiator
    On board air
    Warn 9.5ti on custom bumper
    7.5" RE front and bastard pack rear on custom long arms
    30 gal gas tank
    lockers
    And a bunch of other stuff

Chats

Quote Originally Posted by 4.3LXJ View Post
    Don't you just love those hack jobs? What are you going to replace it with?
    I purchased a 92 Miata donor car for the MGB GT still toying with the idea in adding a turbo to the Miata motor

here is the donor car testing out the factory LSD

[ame]http://youtu.be/IoetlH9JYPU[/ame]
    Trailer Queen Jeep Member (Hoping Bigjim350 will show me how to wheel since 2011)
    Now charging a shop fee!

denverd1 is offline Level: Uber Jeep Cherokee Trailer Queen
    Chats

Last week I built a surfgate system for my boat. The 100K boats have them and I aint paying for it. I'll post pics later, but it creates a much cleaner surf wave with it than without. And it cost me about 40 bucks to build.

Here's a 100K boat gate setup

I'll post mine up later
    Wheelin' East Texas in a RED XJ

RED 98 XJ with 4.5" lift, ZJ steering, front and rear locked on 33's
    cowl intake, Cobra CB, SYE, bumpers, 10K winch, lights
    ,___________
    //___l__,\____\,00_
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]|
    (o)_)--(o)_)--(o)_)

Chats

Well, yesterday we got some relief. A friend of ours who is a pastor had an extra window unit as well as contacted another who donated one so he brought em over. Much better... Although I don't like taking charity and fully intend on giving them back or donating the amount. One of the companies we had called about the motor called and said they couldn't find one and to replace the unit would be 3,500! So we got back to one of the others and said they would call us Monday. :/

Anyways, back on track with the bathroom. We installed and grouted the base board tiles. As well as caulked everywhere. And finally, we got the new toilet out of the kitchen and put it in. Never realized how easy installing a toilet is. Thirty minutes and FLUSH...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1230292 (2).JPG 
Views:	11 
Size:	1.47 MB 
ID:	6106

We did use the "saniseal" instead of a wax seal so hopefully it holds up. After maybe a week I think i'm get under the house and check things out to be sure.

Chats

Looks great jake! Love the glass inlay

Chats

Quote Originally Posted by autotech98 View Post
    Looks great jake! Love the glass inlay
    Thanks a ton Ian! I really think the inlay makes the whole thing come together as well as modernize it.

Chats

Quote Originally Posted by XJ Wheeler View Post
    Thanks a ton Ian! I really think the inlay makes the whole thing come together as well as modernize it.
    The bathroom does look great, glad you found a solution on the A/C.

Would you believe Murphy struck again?

All family members received the "everyone needs to be extra careful for a few weeks" speech multiple time since the tractor was found broke. To save , we decided to not renew tags on the '95 van my wife used for festivals, her and my daughter would double team with the Explorers a key festival that she does really great at, with the idea of making some much needed .

4 weeks ago, the '91 Explorer blew a heater core hose, and I rigged a by-pass, and my wife instructed our daughter on checking the coolant, and put a 2.5 gallon jug of 50/50 in the '91 while I did the repair. I changed the oil two weeks ago and checked the coolant, maybe a 1/2 gallon total (overflow bottle too), no big deal.

I come home yesterday, '91 Explorer "started making noise at the vocational school (roughly mile from the house), but the gauge was fine, so I drove it home, Dad". My son had already waited for the motor to cool, added water and cranked it, and saw it streaming from the weep hole on the water pump. Since this vehicle was needed at 5AM THIS morning for the festival, late night wrenching ensued. At 2AM, the water pump was changed and the Explorer reassembled, no leaks, but ran a little rough...I'll disconnect the battery in the AM, test drive, etc, etc. Back up at 5AM to pack, wife pulled the '91 to the storage building to load.

"It's running really rough..." "Okay, lets hurry and get loaded, and I'll check it"....two packed Explorers later, test drive of the '91......rough idle, missing on 1-2 cylinders, no power, even at operating temp.

"Daughter, what did it sound like before you pulled over?"
    "Uh what do you mean?" "I mean what did the Explorer sound like?" "Uh...." "Why do I get get a feeling you don't know...you could not wait for the ster......you were wearing headphones and using your iPod? After we told you to pay attention?"

"I thought I could just watch the gauges every now and then..."

@#!@#%&@#@!!@

So....NOW I am looking at head gaskets, or what I expect, cracked heads. So there goes 500 for new improved casting heads, plus trying to do it in the driveway as we head into winter.

So the tractor and my '91 Explorer...20+ years of steady service, well maintained, dependable....all laid to waste because of my inability to teach some key thing to my children.

She is in college, as a commuting student, and has a part time job at a drug store to pay for her cell phone, gas, car insurance, and college meals...she's only been driving the Explorer since June...

One more project to keep me from the XJ. I love my wife and I love my children, but like an idiot, I thought it would get easier once the youngest was done with public school.
    2003 WJ Daily Adventuremobile
    1985 MF 250 Tractor (Fixed!!!)
    1999 XJ (in pieces in the driveway)
    1991 Explorer (Cracked Heads)(Stock, for now )
    1989 F150 (In progress-Blown freeze plugs)
    2003 Explorer 1.5" body lift, F150 towhooks, rare OEM skidplates, 265/70-16 Cooper Discoverer AT3's
    1979 K20, (in pieces in the yard) 350, NP465, NP205, Custom Rust Patches
    1970 C30 (tires tore open by bushhog)

Chats

The joys of children. Mine had to pay for their own repairs. They learned real fast that way
    230 hp 4.3L Chevy
    Built 4L60E with manual lockout
    Atlas 4 speed
    Griffin radiator
    On board air
    Warn 9.5ti on custom bumper
    7.5" RE front and bastard pack rear on custom long arms
    30 gal gas tank
    lockers
    And a bunch of other stuff

Chats

It may be cheaper for you to find a jy engine and swap the parts or just the whole engine.

Sent via messenger pigeon - i talk, he types.

Chats

Quote Originally Posted by 4.3LXJ View Post
    The joys of children. Mine had to pay for their own repairs. They learned real fast that way
    i hear you steve..that was deal with the oldest.once they start spending their own money for repairs they learn REALY fast

Chats

Went home this am after a 12 hour shift to find that the fridge died....spent 500 i didnt really have for a new one...seems Mr.Murphy is making the rounds again

Chats

Well let's see. Finished staining the front door, fixed a leaky toilet, did yard work, washed dishes, made an offer on a house (offer was accepted) Put gas in our DD's, aired up tires, and much more that my brain can't remember right now.

Chats

Quote Originally Posted by Brasscatz View Post
    Well let's see. Finished staining the front door, fixed a leaky toilet, did yard work, washed dishes, made an offer on a house (offer was accepted) Put gas in our DD's, aired up tires, and much more that my brain can't remember right now.
    Glad to hear that the offer was accepted.. Looking forward to seeing pics of the new place... Can't wait to be able to put in an offer on a place myself, and finally be able to make a place mine... especially garage wise!!
    FORMER GREEN XJ CLUB MEMBER
    IF YOU DON'T STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS, FEEL FREE TO STAND IN FRONT OF THEM!!
    DOING SOMETHING JUST BECAUSE YOUR BUDDY DOES IT THAT WAY MAKES AS MUCH SENSE AS SHARING TOOTHBRUSHES

Chats

Thanks. If ya want, you can see the pictures in the listing here: http://search.har.com/engine/12618-S...AR75978561.htm

Obviously, still waiting on inspection and such, but it seems the Jeep fund is going bye-bye for a while. Gotta put a lot of money out of pocket to close this deal.
    The garage is a large 2-car (preferred 3-car for obvious reasons) but there's plenty of space to put a double gate in the fence on the right of the garage and park my jeep back there.

If anybody is in the Houston area and looking to buy/sell a house, TimmyTXJ's fiance (girlyjen78) is an amazingly talented Realtor.

Prayers welcome for a smooth, easy closing and nothing wrong with the inspection.
    Last edited by Brasscatz; 10-05-2014 at 10:09 PM.

Chats

Looks like a pretty nice place Jim!! I always wonder why realtors and realty websites hardly ever include any pics of the garage, and if they do it is of the outside showing the doors or something... Think they could get far more guy interested in the homes they are listing if they did!!! LOL
    FORMER GREEN XJ CLUB MEMBER
    IF YOU DON'T STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS, FEEL FREE TO STAND IN FRONT OF THEM!!
    DOING SOMETHING JUST BECAUSE YOUR BUDDY DOES IT THAT WAY MAKES AS MUCH SENSE AS SHARING TOOTHBRUSHES

Page 9 of 29 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast