Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Chats

Default Re: What did you do to your NON Jeep today?

Ordered a 30" LED light bar for the bumper between the tow hooks on my 09 Ram... as well as the brackets to mount it there.. I've gone all LED inside the truck, and a few exterior lights, might as well add more lighting in case I ever have the need for more!! LOL
    FORMER GREEN XJ CLUB MEMBER
    IF YOU DON'T STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS, FEEL FREE TO STAND IN FRONT OF THEM!!
    DOING SOMETHING JUST BECAUSE YOUR BUDDY DOES IT THAT WAY MAKES AS MUCH SENSE AS SHARING TOOTHBRUSHES

Chats

Quote Originally Posted by 4.3LXJ View Post
    Good to hear from you Saar. You staying safe over there?
    Thanks
    As safe as I can be
    It seems that they have a weird agreement during the last few days, they (HAMAS/JIHAD ISLAMI) bomb only the nearest cities to Gaza and in return, Israel bombs only empty building/open spaces...
    So for now, it is quiet around here (I'm ~45km from Gaza)

I know it is hard to understand terrorists, but it seems that politicians can be weird too...

Chats

Yup, hard to understand terrorists having ethics
    230 hp 4.3L Chevy
    Built 4L60E with manual lockout
    Atlas 4 speed
    Griffin radiator
    On board air
    Warn 9.5ti on custom bumper
    7.5" RE front and bastard pack rear on custom long arms
    30 gal gas tank
    lockers
    And a bunch of other stuff

Chats

Well, we got the new pump and installed it in the assembly. Then that in the tank, and tank in the car. We put on a new filter while we had it out. Bad news is it still doesn't run. The battery is dead so we have been jumping it to crank. So now to troubleshooting it. We checked for fuel at the relief valve and it doesn't seem to spray, just flows out. Although that's still better than before when none came out and we can hear the pump priming now. It gets spark, tried neutral, and checked for codes... nothing. So I think its got to do with that slow fuel pressure. Hoping the pump is working correctly and not obstructed. The strainer did seem a bit tight inside the bottom of the assembly.
    Last edited by XJ Wheeler; 08-19-2014 at 05:21 AM.

Chats

Package arrived from rough country, (via Llama 4x4)
    Pair if +3" coils

Just need to track down the set of dampers that seem to have gone AWOL.

Chats

The Montero had a problem with the horn switch, the previous owner installed an ugly green switch on the side of the steering column and I didn't like it.
    So, finally, I found 2 free hours and went out to fix the original switch, I must admit it is not the kind of work I prefer to do, messing with the airbag...
    Anyway, as any other project I did on the Montero, I documented the process in an article which explain how to solve the horn issue
    Saar.

Chats

Since I seem to spend SO much time on NON-XJ work, might as well write about it.....

So the 1991 Explorer my daughter is driving now needs a passenger-side rear window regulator replacement, due to a cable failure. But some research has indicated the assembly from the 95-01 Explorers will retrofit and get rid of the cable mechanism.

But before THAT could get done, my son's '89 F150 had a no-start situation. When I got home from work, I did not hear either of the fuel pumps spool up, so I dug out my old code "blinker" and got the codes.....87 meant bad fuel pump relay, confirmed with a meter.

But of course the relay the chain parts store had did not match (since I FORGOT to take old one with me), but now the pumps spool up...more trouble-shooting is in order.

I'll probably just pull the bed and check everything, these F-150's have a high pressure pump on the frame rail and a low-pressure pump in the tank with the sending unit.

Pulling the bed will make testing easier than trying to drop the 1/2 full tank.
    2003 WJ Daily Adventuremobile
    1985 MF 250 Tractor (Fixed!!!)
    1999 XJ (in pieces in the driveway)
    1991 Explorer (Cracked Heads)(Stock, for now )
    1989 F150 (In progress-Blown freeze plugs)
    2003 Explorer 1.5" body lift, F150 towhooks, rare OEM skidplates, 265/70-16 Cooper Discoverer AT3's
    1979 K20, (in pieces in the yard) 350, NP465, NP205, Custom Rust Patches
    1970 C30 (tires tore open by bushhog)

Chats

Short story at bottom...

Continuing on the Malibu. We rented a fuel pressure gauge kit and got some Seafoam today. After we hooked up the gauge and tried to crank it I noticed the gauge wasn't working. But something seemed different. When turning it over this whole time it wouldn't do anything but crank over. No fire, no stumbling. Just as if you activated the starter but nothing else. But, when the gauge was installed on the test port it began to show some signs of life. It was just minimal at first. I thought this gauge must not be sealing right anyways so we took it off. A thought had popped in my mind to try and purge the fuel line in case any air was resting there. Sure enough, it began to fire off more and more with every starting session. It got to where it would run but only for a few seconds and stall, again more with each try. And finally it started and was running all its own, even with the doorstop of a battery in place. Although the idle began around 1k then shot to 2500 within an instant and back but it only happened once and for a split second. Even still, may be best to clean the throttle body. But it finally idled down, although was a bit round. And might I add this whole time with it running a very noticeable screech or squeal was sounding off about 3-4 times a second and increased with speed. I knew about this before, although never this apparent, it isn't a good sound. After a bit of letting it run to rally in our victory we shut it off and finally investigated the screech. By the way, I love vehicles with self adjusting idler pulleys. So we took the belt off and spun each item. The only thing apparent was the alternator had a slight squeal when spinning so I thing that is the culprit. Good news is the belt looks great!

Short story... Got it running finally and found out the alternator needs rebuild/replacement.

Chats

Alright, we ended up investigating the squeal a bit more after we moved it to its new parking spot. It become apparent the noise wasn't coming from the alternator by listening closely we could tell it was from another direction. After some diagnosing with it running, and not, and some with the belt off. We narrowed it to the steering pump or idler puller. So I pulled the idler off and it felt fine with no roughness or irregularities. Whereas the pump pulley could be moved in and out a hair. And listening a bit more we're confident the pump is the culprit. So, yesterday we picked up a new one and its waiting to go on.

Although progress on every project had been postponed because I crawled up under the house to investigate a bit of shifting with the dining room floor at home and traced it to the toilet. It looks to have been leaking for a long time and has completely rotted out the floor. A bit of a shock! So that's taking priority. Last weekend was the water heater...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1220555 (2).JPG 
Views:	8 
Size:	2.27 MB 
ID:	5947

Its not a jeep right.

Chats

Nope but damn that water damage sucks! Good luck.

Chats

Toilets can be sneaky that way. There ought to be something better than a wax seal
    230 hp 4.3L Chevy
    Atlas 4 speed
    Griffin radiator
    On board air
    30 gal gas tank
    lockers

abebehrmann is offline Level: Uber Jeep Cherokee Trailer Queen
    Chats

Quote Originally Posted by 4.3LXJ View Post
    Toilets can be sneaky that way. There ought to be something better than a wax seal
    There is! http://m.homedepot.com/p/Toilet-Gask...BL01/203564758

Not sure how well they work though.

Chats

My son the plumber will not buy anything from Home Despot, but I will check with him
    230 hp 4.3L Chevy
    Atlas 4 speed
    Griffin radiator
    On board air
    30 gal gas tank
    lockers

Chats

I got that ring. Works alot better than the wax ones. 1bath 6 people

Chats

Yeah, its not my expertise either so this is gonna be interesting. Always glad to learn anyways. Thanks for the link to that seal, I feel the same way about the wax seal. Shame is this could have been much better if I had gotten my butt under there just to check everything out. I think every 6 months it would be a good idea to get underneath and just check everything out. Oh well, hindsight's 20/20 right!

Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast