Page 26 of 29 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast
    denverd1 is offline Level: Uber Jeep Cherokee Trailer Queen
    Chats

Default Re: What did you do to your NON Jeep today?

Quote Originally Posted by 4.3LXJ View Post
    You aught to be feeling very fixed up and raring to go then
    Will be nice to have the gremlin fixed, starting giving me issues labor day weekend. Need a day on the water, then i'll be fine
    Wheelin' East Texas in a RED XJ

RED 98 XJ with 4.5" lift, ZJ steering, front and rear locked on 33's
    cowl intake, Cobra CB, SYE, bumpers, 10K winch, lights
    ,___________
    //___l__,\____\,00_
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]|
    (o)_)--(o)_)--(o)_)

Chats

Started getting the bikes ready for our annual dune trip. Forgot to tighten up the oil plug in the 400 before ripping around. Luckily we noticed before seizing the motor.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Chats

Quote Originally Posted by MattybPDX View Post
    Started getting the bikes ready for our annual dune trip. Forgot to tighten up the oil plug in the 400 before ripping around. Luckily we noticed before seizing the motor.

Glad you guys were able to catch that the oil plug was loose, before it caused any damage.. so you can still enjoy ripping around, and not having to rip it apart to rebuild or replace parts/engine... That's why I always have to go back and check and recheck over and over again when I get done doing stuff on the XJ (or really anything I'm working on)... especially if it's been a while I've been working on it.. or a bunch of work done... to make sure I didn't miss anything random in my haste to get her running and enjoy her!!
    FORMER GREEN XJ CLUB MEMBER
    IF YOU DON'T STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS, FEEL FREE TO STAND IN FRONT OF THEM!!
    DOING SOMETHING JUST BECAUSE YOUR BUDDY DOES IT THAT WAY MAKES AS MUCH SENSE AS SHARING TOOTHBRUSHES

Chats

Quote Originally Posted by bluedragon436 View Post
    Glad you guys were able to catch that the oil plug was loose, before it caused any damage.. so you can still enjoy ripping around, and not having to rip it apart to rebuild or replace parts/engine... That's why I always have to go back and check and recheck over and over again when I get done doing stuff on the XJ (or really anything I'm working on)... especially if it's been a while I've been working on it.. or a bunch of work done... to make sure I didn't miss anything random in my haste to get her running and enjoy her!!
    The little dude noticed it was dumping oil. He doesn't know it bit he saved us a lot of time and money.

Chats

I ordered a new head unit for it.. after the other one met an early demise.. after it decided it wanted to do what it wanted to do, and not what I wanted it to do, and what it was supposed to do when I pressed the volume buttons... Hopefully this newer better model... is in fact better..
    DOING SOMETHING JUST BECAUSE YOUR BUDDY DOES IT THAT WAY MAKES AS MUCH SENSE AS SHARING TOOTHBRUSHES

Chats

I ordered a new head unit for it.. after the other one met an early demise.. after it decided it wanted to do what it wanted to do, and not what I wanted it to do, and what it was supposed to do when I pressed the volume buttons... Hopefully this newer better model... is in fact better..
    which one?

,___________
    //___l__,\____\,00_
    (o)_)--(o)_)--(o)_)

Chats

Alpine INE-W940 is the one that met an early demise.. INE-W960HDMI is the one that replaced it... It was supposed to be mailed to me arriving roughly Wed or Thur.... got a call this morning, that it had been dropped shipped to the store I ordered it from instead of shipped out to me... and was ready for pickup if I wanted, or they could mail it out to me... I was like.. yeah... I'll be there in 20 minutes... so just go in from that fiasco... because there are some things that aren't the same between the old and the new unit as far as wiring... so had to clip out the old harnesses... and splice in the new... not usually a huge big ordeal.. until you are dealing with a harness that has like 6 boxes involved with it... not sure how I managed to make it an easy/clear wiring harness the first time I did it... other than I did it in about three days... whereas this time I did it in a few hours... lol... either way it's in, and all working... and will take some getting used to for sure... but hopefully will be far better than the last one... seems way better already.. but only time will tell..

Chats

Washed it.. was way past needing to be done, thanks to the pollen.. She's looking good again... at least for the day!! lol

Chats

Alpine INE-W940 is the one that met an early demise.. INE-W960HDMI is the one that replaced it... It was supposed to be mailed to me arriving roughly Wed or Thur.... got a call this morning, that it had been dropped shipped to the store I ordered it from instead of shipped out to me... and was ready for pickup if I wanted, or they could mail it out to me... I was like.. yeah... I'll be there in 20 minutes... so just go in from that fiasco... because there are some things that aren't the same between the old and the new unit as far as wiring... so had to clip out the old harnesses... and splice in the new... not usually a huge big ordeal.. until you are dealing with a harness that has like 6 boxes involved with it... not sure how I managed to make it an easy/clear wiring harness the first time I did it... other than I did it in about three days... whereas this time I did it in a few hours... lol... either way it's in, and all working... and will take some getting used to for sure... but hopefully will be far better than the last one... seems way better already.. but only time will tell..
    looks like a solid HU

,___________
    //___l__,\____\,00_
    (o)_)--(o)_)--(o)_)

Chats

Quote Originally Posted by denverd1 View Post
    looks like a solid HU
    Yeah, so far on the limited time I've messed with it.. I certainly like it better than the last one.. I still hate that it has the usual huge jump up in volume between 2 and 3 setting... but apparently that is just a common Alpine thing, as my old HU did it, the one in my XJ does it, and this one does it... When I called them to talk to them about the issues I was having with my old HU in the Ram, I asked about this... and they said it was a programming thing... seems to me it's a programming thing that needs to be reprogramed... it is like going from volume level 2 to volume love 5... not really a killer deal.. but is when the little one is in the XJ or Truck... especially the truck with 2 12" Type R subs right under her... but I keep the bass pretty low when she's in the truck anyways.. just kind of killer when you want to enjoy music and she's asleep... But yeah, so far I like it... we'll see how it does this weekend using the navigation... It's the same basic UI, but supposedly far better... and that is one of the biggest issues I had with the old unit... besides the cracked screen after I got fed up with it's shenanigans last weekend... lol

Chats

Update on the Taco. I think it's finished for now. Last thing I did was build that fancy fuel jug carrier back there. Well maybe not completely finished. I'm gonna build some sliders for it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0112.JPG   IMG_0113.JPG  

IMG_0114.JPG  

Chats

Recently built an air vent for my intercooler on the mustang. Bought a set of dimple dies and they are fun to play with. In fact since I was last on here my Fab equipment has grown a lot. Dimple dies, sheet metal brake, press brake, 20 ton press, new mig, new plasma cutter and a tubing bender. But here are some recent pics of the mustang. It is turning into a BEAST.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0323.JPG   EF6D1455-32CF-4B4D-9ADE-CC903BAA4C39.JPG  

IMG_0205.JPG  

Chats

Mustang is looking good Jim. Jealous of some of your new shop toys.
    230 hp 4.3L Chevy
    Built 4L60E with manual lockout
    Atlas 4 speed
    Griffin radiator
    On board air
    Warn 9.5ti on custom bumper
    7.5" RE front and bastard pack rear on custom long arms
    30 gal gas tank
    lockers
    And a bunch of other stuff

cantab27 is offline Level: Uber Jeep Cherokee Trailer Queen
    Chats

water pump took a dump.........I knew it was getting a little bit sick ...but

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	18699940_1197973490325712_44445932103201884_n.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	121.8 KB 
ID:	10264

have found a place that sells kits so will rebuild it if its fix able
    keeping it red........

I DRIVE A BARBIE JEEP

Quote Originally Posted by XJ4IV
    .... lol Im a jerk tonight!
    Originally Posted by bigjim350 View Post
    Think I would go that crazy too if my Jeep turned white

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGg0C...eature=related

Chats

BigJim.. The Taco and the Stang are both looking good... Are you going to build sliders for the Taco with the little kickout prior to the rear tires?? A few years back when I was looking at picking up a Taco... I had seen a few sliders that had the kick out before the rear tire, that way if you were sliding on anything it'd move you out prior to the rear tire hitting it, seen similar for rear bumpers too.. Seemed like a pretty nice design to me.. Can't remember the exact company I saw it, that made it..

Page 26 of 29 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast