Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ... 31826272829 LastLast
    Chats

Default Re: What did you do to your NON Jeep today?

Quote Originally Posted by XJ Wheeler View Post
    Was out in my backyard by the area we park our jeeps, talking to my brother about his 8.8 swap and out of nowhere a loud hiss starts. I just thought it was the compressor line/valve/connection got a leak since he had it out and full, blasting the axle. But my ears told me otherwise as it was coming from the direction of our flatbed. Walked over to look across because its in the driveway and check to see if anyone was messing with it and didn't see anything so we go around and the darndest thing. The valve stem gave out... just setting in the driveway... with no one near it. I understand this can happen, although I never have seen it myself, I surely would think on the road would be the more likely place to happen. I mean, this truck is driven a lot. Probably moves more than it sets these days, and loaded down heavy some too. Just seems weird of all times for it to go, would be after setting overnight with no extra heat or pressure on it. Not that I'm not grateful it didn't happen on the highway! Anyway, pulled it off, threw it in the jeep, and spent the day at the tire shop. Back to 70psi and rolling!

Sent via messenger pigeon. I talk, he types.
    If I had walked out and found that laying on the ground no way would I have thought that someone wasn't messing with my stuff.

Chats

The 2003 Honda Civic that we got for our youngest has been throwing a code for CPS.

I was concerned the timing belt might be the issue.

Finally only about a mile from the house it would start run 5 seconds and shut off.

I looked up the symptoms, and found that the cam position sensor is used in starting but the crank position sensor is used to keep it running.

Quick fix, disconnect the CPS. I drove over to the store parking lot where my daughter was disconnected the CPS and a couple of tries the honda started and she drove it home where we left it until I could get a CPS.

I checked on OReily's, 79.95, I checked on Amazon 33. Neither were Honda, and at least Amazon has reviews, so I saved 40. I did have to wait for it to come in though, which was fine since I didn't feel like working on the Honda, or doing something new.

I watched a very good youtube video on it.

Last night part came in so time to bust and move.

Taking the timing cover off was a pain. They don't tell you that the upper cover needs to be pried forward so you can get the timing cover off. There was enough room with it hanging there for me to replace the CPS but the timing cover gasket was NOT lining back up. Otherwise I probably would have taken it off.

Well MOTHER F**KER! That cheap ass, and I'm talking 22 from HONDA timing cover was broken and the gasket was torn and frankly I can't see that it's even the right gasket.

I started to get a cover and a gasket when I ordered the CPS but we haven't had any other issues, like oil leaks, etc...

I used some RTV to get the gasket to start in place and got it back on the Honda.

All buttoned up and started/ran great. Quick start, good sign, kept running at 5 seconds, even better sign.

So I went back to Amazon and ordered a Genuine Honda timing cover and gasket.

Just amazes me what some people will do. Other than breaking the harmonic balancer bolt lose the hardest part of the job is removing the power steering unit and belts, which isn't that big a deal.

The Honda is different but it is very easy to work on, at least the stuff I've done so far.

cantab27 is offline Level: Uber Jeep Cherokee Trailer Queen
    Chats

Honda ...sweet should be able to keep them lawns neat and trim .....
    keeping it red........

I DRIVE A BARBIE JEEP

Quote Originally Posted by XJ4IV
    .... lol Im a jerk tonight!
    Originally Posted by bigjim350 View Post
    Think I would go that crazy too if my Jeep turned white

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGg0C...eature=related

Chats

Quote Originally Posted by Mudderoy View Post
    If I had walked out and found that laying on the ground no way would I have thought that someone wasn't messing with my stuff.
    Right! My first thought.

Glad the Honda wasn't too bad to fix. Finding room to work in those front wheel drive cars is tough. Makes you appreciate an old truck with enough room to throw a party.

Sent via messenger pigeon. I talk, he types.

Chats

Finally sold the civic, making a 3200 profit which paid for the Tahoe and several goodies for it, and then some!

Yesterday while driving to a roof repair I start hearing a bad grinding from the brakes. Matt said he changed the front 20k miles ago, so in thinking rear, but I bought both front and rear to be safe. Glad I did, cuz the rear was fine and I guess grandma was a firm believer in riding the brakes...

Oh well, it's back on the road and some goodies came in on order for the Tahoe. Got an android radio, backup camera, still waiting on my double din dash, soldering iron, heat shrink tubing, etc.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Chats

Researched some more on the install of the leveling kit I have for my 09 Ram, as well as what tire size I can run on my stock rims, that will fill in the wheel wells nicely after the leveling kit... especially since my current tires (the ones that have been on there since I bought it) are getting pretty worn out... and want to get something with a bit more aggressive look for replacement...

Also have been doing more and more research on the parts needed and keeping an eye out for those parts as well as the engine/transmission needed for an upgrade swap into my MR-S.. But at the same time kind of torn about doing the swap or selling it for either a Harley, picking up another car that I can enjoy driving and build up a bit... and be a family car at the same time... or just sell it and put that money into the XJ build...
    FORMER GREEN XJ CLUB MEMBER
    IF YOU DON'T STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS, FEEL FREE TO STAND IN FRONT OF THEM!!
    DOING SOMETHING JUST BECAUSE YOUR BUDDY DOES IT THAT WAY MAKES AS MUCH SENSE AS SHARING TOOTHBRUSHES

denverd1 is offline Level: Uber Jeep Cherokee Trailer Queen
    Chats

Quote Originally Posted by Mudderoy View Post
    The Honda is different but it is very easy to work on, at least the stuff I've done so far.
    helped change a civic lower O2 sensor last weekend. quick job for what it was. everything was accessible and seemed well thought out. they run forever AND easy to work on?? like it!
    Wheelin' East Texas in a RED XJ

RED 98 XJ with 4.5" lift, ZJ steering, front and rear locked on 33's
    cowl intake, Cobra CB, SYE, bumpers, 10K winch, lights
    ,___________
    //___l__,\____\,00_
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]|
    (o)_)--(o)_)--(o)_)

Chats

I've been busy on the Tahoe four quite a while. The last time I installed a radio was in the Jeep, maybe 6 years ago? I used butt-end connectors in the jeep. Before that? I think the radio in my old pickup truck about 15 years ago, and I might've even used wire nuts for several connections, lol.

THIS time I learned to solder and did it right! There were only 2 times that I forgot to put the heat shrink tubing on prior to soldering, so those got taped.

Anyways, radio mostly installed (still have cutting to do behind it for better fitment) dash installed, backup camera installed and new door lock actuators on the front doors. Got to use my rivet gun finally for those.

Interior trim paint is ordered for the dash as well as an alarm system with remote start.

Chats

That looks really nice Jim. Too bad the XJ doesn't have room for one of those
    230 hp 4.3L Chevy
    Built 4L60E with manual lockout
    Atlas 4 speed
    Griffin radiator
    On board air
    Warn 9.5ti on custom bumper
    7.5" RE front and bastard pack rear on custom long arms
    30 gal gas tank
    lockers
    And a bunch of other stuff

Chats

Quote Originally Posted by 4.3LXJ View Post
    That looks really nice Jim. Too bad the XJ doesn't have room for one of those
    Technically, this one didn't either. It's a 1.5 DIN OEM setup. The new dash was ordered off Ebay for a hefty price tag, but I wanted it to look as professional as possible. This is in without any cutting, but sticks out quite a bit. And I broke the tabs off the climiate controls, so unless I can screw it in I'll be picking up a new one of those as well.

Chats

Quote Originally Posted by Brasscatz View Post
    Technically, this one didn't either. It's a 1.5 DIN OEM setup. The new dash was ordered off Ebay for a hefty price tag, but I wanted it to look as professional as possible. This is in without any cutting, but sticks out quite a bit. And I broke the tabs off the climiate controls, so unless I can screw it in I'll be picking up a new one of those as well.
    I don't have any clips on the dash panel because I need to fit the radio properly and paint the bezel. But this is as far back as it'll go. notice the space at the climate controls. Also, there's a pocket that I need to install in the slot under them, but again I'm waiting until I've tied up the loose ends. I'm also considering running a usb port somewhere, but I haven't decided that yet.

Pinkyman is offline Level: Uber Jeep Cherokee Trailer Queen
    Chats

I ended up with a rotted through shackle on the truck when we were up North this weekend. It rotted away and the leaf spring smacked the underside of the box. Apparently this is a common ford issue, so I ordered up some new shackles last night, and they should be here tomorrow.

At least it didnt happen when we were hauling the jeep or pulling the camper. We ended up shoving a 2x4 between the box and leaf spring to get me home, so that the leaf spring didnt rub though the box.....

Chats

I replaced the brake pads on my F150.

Pinkyman is offline Level: Uber Jeep Cherokee Trailer Queen
    Chats

I replaced the oil pan in my wifes 2013 VW CC, since Valvoline stripped the pan and wouldnt step up to the plate to repair it......

While i was at it, I replaced the drive belt since i noticed it was about to fall apart.

Pookapotamus is offline Level: Uber Jeep Cherokee Trailer Queen
    Chats

Took out the tired old mustang 2,

And pulled the miata 1.8 to go into a customers mgb

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ... 31826272829 LastLast