Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    denverd1 is offline Level: Uber Jeep Cherokee Trailer Queen
    Chats

Default Re: So, if your rear was sagging, and wanted 2" above stock what would you do

there's a johnny knoxville skit in there somewhere....
    Wheelin' East Texas in a RED XJ

RED 98 XJ with 4.5" lift, ZJ steering, front and rear locked on 33's
    cowl intake, Cobra CB, SYE, bumpers, 10K winch, lights
    ,___________
    //___l__,\____\,00_
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]|
    (o)_)--(o)_)--(o)_)

Chats

Default Re: So, if your rear was sagging, and wanted 2" above stock what would you do

Thanks for all the answers, I think I want to replace with new or rebuilt.
    Hunting down a good deal gets confusing, any preferences with sellers?

cpttuna is offline Level: Uber Jeep Cherokee Trailer Queen
    Chats

On my 99, I went with new heavy duty rear springs and a budget boost from Teraflex. I also put the good Monroe shocks on.

Chats

I can't help it! Every time I go to new posts and see that headline pop up I think of what ANY stand-up comedian would do with that question. It really brings out the juvenile in me! Not that that little bastard has to travel far to get out, just ask my wife or better yet my ex!
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. If it's fixed, go break it!

Chats

Quote Originally Posted by mattyblazer View Post
    Hi,
    I am looking to lift up 2" to 3", my springs in the back are shot, so leafs are a good idea, add a leaf is good if I get 2 years out of it, right now the jeep has skyjackers holding the back where I want it, but I would like the suspension to do that.
    The Jeep is 2001, and is getting bumpers this week so I'm trying to figure out the most cost effective move here.
    Yep shackles, but in the near long run leaf replacement. It will just get worse with time.

Chats

I think I'm going with this for now, then change or rearc later
    Rubicon Express RE1410 2.5" Add-A-Leaf for Jeep XJ

Chats

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Rough-Country-670N2-Suspension-Cherokee/dp/B00B2B4VCE/ref=pd_sbs_auto_7?ie=UTF8&refRID=1HX0ZJRM1T6S06W3D AY5"]Rough Country 670N2 - 3-inch Suspension Lift Kit with Premium N2.0 Series Shocks for Jeep: Cherokee XJ 4WD : Amazon.com : Automotive@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41uVKYj70ZL.@@AMEPARAM@@41uVKYj70ZL[/ame]

Rough Country 670N2 - 3-inch Suspension Lift Kit with Premium N2.0 Series Shocks

is this any good, price is right

Chats

Since your rear leaf springs are already sagging it would be best to replace with new leaf packs, if you can swing the added cost.

Sent via messenger pigeon - i talk, he types.

Chats

If I can put something decent together for under 500 delivered i'm all over it. I am just looking for some ground clearance for water snow etc

Chats

If I can put something decent together for under 500 delivered i'm all over it. I am just looking for some ground clearance for water snow etc
    I bet you can find that same kit with full packs for around 100 more. Although shipping may be a little more too.

Chats

I got Amazon prime, they usually have whatever I need with free second day shipping

Chats

Seems they want to raise the price a good bit for kits with full leaf packs to over 500. But you could get the kit you listed and add some springs. These Rubicon Express leaf springs are cheap enough you would come in under 500 by about 40 plus you could sell the add a leafs to make back some.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B006GJKFHW?cache=a12596f8ac6ff74582cebb9eb18aa007# ref=mp_s_a_1_1&qid=1393788274&sr=8-1"]Rubicon Express RE1463 3.5" Leaf Spring for Jeep XJ:Amazon:Automotive@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/217ihCiVonL.@@AMEPARAM@@217ihCiVonL[/ame]

Just a thought...

Chats

Quote Originally Posted by XJ Wheeler View Post
    Seems they want to raise the price a good bit for kits with full leaf packs to over 500. But you could get the kit you listed and add some springs. These Rubicon Express leaf springs are cheap enough you would come in under 500 by about 40 plus you could sell the add a leafs to make back some.

Rubicon Express RE1463 3.5" Leaf Spring for Jeep XJ:Amazon:Automotive

Just a thought...

is rubicon express ok? and I was looking to max out at 3", will 3.5 require adapters for steering or the drive train?

Chats

No, you will be fine. Have fun
    230 hp 4.3L Chevy
    Built 4L60E with manual lockout
    Atlas 4 speed
    Griffin radiator
    On board air
    Warn 9.5ti on custom bumper
    7.5" RE front and bastard pack rear on custom long arms
    30 gal gas tank
    lockers
    And a bunch of other stuff

Chats

is rubicon express ok? and I was looking to max out at 3", will 3.5 require adapters for steering or the drive train?
    Rubicon Express is actually one of the better brands. I've had one of their 4.5" kits on mine for nine years, and still have all their parts, no problems.

The only difference will be that it may set a little higher in the back. You don't have to go with these, Rough Country (or another brand) may have their leaf springs cheaper, or at least comparably priced. I more so just wanted to give you the suggestion that you can piece the rest together, and may even put a better performing system together.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast