Thread: Fun start

Default Fun start

So yesterday was enjoyable, after work I went over to my lil brothers tune up shop, mind you, Timmy is no mechanic by any means, he's a numbers guy and a bullter (the perfect salesman) ;-). Anyway, in his Temple shop is a great mechanic with sound advise when I need it. I brought them a couple fleet accounts from a couple of businesses I work for, so I get free reign of the shop, lifts, etc.

A couple days back, it was imperative I replace my rear shocks, still is, waiting on the shipping :'(. My brother has me pull into the bay and onto the lift, as I drive in, he and two of his mechanics jump on by brush guard and got the whole thing bouncing, laughing the whole time, I was quite red. Especially because Timmy put this pretty lil store manager in this shop.

Aside from the fun and games, we got my Cheapokee up in the air so I can get a good look at what the original starter if this project really did to this thing, and what the kid who owned it before me did to it. Oh boy, now I know why Jeep stands for "just empty every pocket"lol. Front shocks, and leaf springs need to be done soon, every bushing under the jeep is blown out. My tie rod is bent, but my alignment remains impeccable, God bless. And my steering is great, the previous owner had that done at least. Auto zone sales a bushing, polyurethane, reasonable, I'm thinking of looking for a junk yard steering link system from maybe a jeep grand Cherokee with the v8, I hear it's more heavy duty. Will that work out should I buy new?

Did I mention, the previous owner had a flowmaster put on. Not bad but I felt it never had the rumble one should. Either way from the cat, they must snaked another 5 ft of pipe to y push the exhaust out the back. Guess where the 3rd bend in that "rested"? Being the key word. Kinda where I'm supposed to put the bar pin eliminators. Cut that mess out reset a couple brackets and put a dump tip just before the rear axle. Got my rumble now, lil by lil. Want my baby ready for the trail before this summer

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH Fierce using Tapatalk

Default Re: Fun start

If your local junkyards are like here, there's gonna be plenty of yard parts.
    I've learned the hard way to look before buying new.

Sounds like you've got a good start = wish I had access to a real shop to work on mine
    Be strong when you are weak.
    Be brave when you are afraid.
    Be humble when you are victorious.
    But be a badass everyday!
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Lifts are nice and make it easy. Wish I had one. But yes, the V8 ZJ tie rod is heavier. The drag link is the same
    230 hp 4.3L Chevy
    Built 4L60E with manual lockout
    Atlas 4 speed
    Griffin radiator
    On board air
    Warn 9.5ti on custom bumper
    7.5" RE front and bastard pack rear on custom long arms
    30 gal gas tank
    lockers
    And a bunch of other stuff

I feel like a lil kid at Christmas.....my rear shocks and bar pin eliminators came today......this will make for an enjoyable weekend. :-D

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH Fierce using Tapatalk