Thread: NWS Tools

Chats

Default NWS Tools

Thought I might give a little, non tool expert, update on the stuff I got the other week.

nahhh ... just the ones with the pretty red handles ..

Side Cutters ( yes yes 4.3LXJ .. dykes .. ) ...... are good ... The "contoured" handles on the larger pair still feel a bit funny to use tho.

Combination Pliers cut and grip well ... have even used the spanner function in the jaw design a coupla times.

The Multi Grips (channel locks ?? ) surprised me ... they looked light duty imho ... but geez they bite and hang on ... will make XJ wheel alignments real easy ..

... all up I reckon they were def, well worth the price I paid for 'em ... about 20 each ...
    Dunno whether I would pay the normal retail to stock a toolbox tho ... unless I was a tradey with paying customers.

... altho I did spot these little fellas recently, gathering dust at the back of a shelf ... at the local, lawnmower shop, of all places ..

... and couldnt pass on the "old stock" price ... even if they were 50

Cutting Specs:
    Medium hard wire - Nail, Wire nail - 750N/mm˛ - Cutting capacity in millimeter - 4.5
    Hard wire - Wire rope strand, Steel wire - 1800 N/mm˛ - Cutting capacity in millimeter - 3.5
    Piano wire - 2300 N/mm˛ Spring steel wire - Cutting capacity in millimeter - 3

Hopefully my hamfisted mate wont be able to bust the jaws on them - like he did to my poor little Knipex ones .. ..

... anybody else own any of this NWS stuff ??
    Last edited by Carves; 10-30-2013 at 08:18 AM.
    I hate watching simplicity and reliability being ruined by bureaucracy and technology.

Quote Originally Posted by MattybPDX
    If my jeep is going to be a grocery getter it's at least going to be a friggin awesome one.

Chats

Default Re: NWS Tools

Quote Originally Posted by Carves View Post
    Thought I might give a little, non tool expert, update on the stuff I got the other week.

nahhh ... just the ones with the pretty red handles ..

Side Cutters ( yes yes 4.3LXJ .. dykes .. ) ...... are good ... The "contoured" handles on the larger pair still feel a bit funny to use tho.

Combination Pliers cut and grip well ... have even used the spanner function in the jaw design a coupla times.

The Multi Grips (channel locks ?? ) surprised me ... they looked light duty imho ... but geez they bite and hang on ... will make XJ wheel alignments real easy ..

... all up I reckon they were def, well worth the price I paid for 'em ... about 20 each ...
    Dunno whether I would pay the normal retail to stock a toolbox tho ... unless I was a tradey with paying customers.

... altho I did spot these little fellas recently, gathering dust at the back of a shelf ... at the local, lawnmower shop, of all places ..

... and couldnt pass on the "old stock" price ... even if they were 50

Cutting Specs:
    Medium hard wire - Nail, Wire nail - 750N/mm˛ - Cutting capacity in millimeter - 4.5
    Hard wire - Wire rope strand, Steel wire - 1800 N/mm˛ - Cutting capacity in millimeter - 3.5
    Piano wire - 2300 N/mm˛ Spring steel wire - Cutting capacity in millimeter - 3

Hopefully my hamfisted mate wont be able to bust the jaws on them - like he did to my poor little knipex ones .. ..

... anybody else own any of this NWS stuff ??
    snazzy!

Chats

Very good assortment of pliers.
    Hey bubba get your hand off my ass,

Some days it is just not worth it to gnaw through the leather restraints.

R.I.P. Brian 96_XJ Perrine 1990-2011

Chats

Just in case anyone bumbles into this thread by accident ....

Its seems rubbermaid has done a deal with NWS,

... and the pliers/cutter range are now also available in the U.S. ... in blue and yellow with a, irwin sticker on 'em.
    Last edited by Carves; 03-06-2015 at 04:13 AM.
    I hate watching simplicity and reliability being ruined by bureaucracy and technology.

Quote Originally Posted by MattybPDX
    If my jeep is going to be a grocery getter it's at least going to be a friggin awesome one.

Chats

Irwin has always made good tools. My grandfather was a cabinet maker and carpenter, he had several screwdrivers, and planes When I was an electrician (still am I guess) I had several screwdrivers made by Irwin.