Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Chats

Default Re: Christian wheelers?

Just a quick word form a moderator here. The reason we can have this part of the forum is that we run the whole site in tolerance mode. All are welcome, regardless of what part of the world you are from and experience level from the Jeeping perspective. We carry this over to the religion section too. That keeps it safe for everyone regardless of religious persuasion. Tony the site owner is a Christian and so am I. So I would like to say that if anyone has questions, regardless of background, that those questions will be answered in the same way, with tolerance. We aim to make this forum a good experience for everyone.
    230 hp 4.3L Chevy
    Built 4L60E with manual lockout
    Atlas 4 speed
    Griffin radiator
    On board air
    Warn 9.5ti on custom bumper
    7.5" RE front and bastard pack rear on custom long arms
    30 gal gas tank
    lockers
    And a bunch of other stuff

Chats

Quote Originally Posted by olds-cool View Post
    First off, I am very suprised that this forum has a religion section as most do not. It tends to breed comtempt amongst members. I am also very suprised at how maturely this subject has been handled thus far.
    I am now proud to say that I am a Christian. As a child, I went to church with family or friends. Church for a child is filled with the ever repeating Bible stories, you know which ones I'm talking about so no need to mention individuals. There wasn't a whole lot of substance or Bible docterine taught to kids. That left a lot of unanswered questions and as I became a teen, those questions led to me claiming agnosticisim. I believed that there was a possibility of a God but had not seen the proof behind it. I started heading down the wrong path. This continued to slowly get worse. I'd rather not discuss the details of what was going on in my life here on a public forum, but suffice to say it wasn't Gods way. I was at a very low point, suffering from depression, and one step away from filing for a divorce. As I sat on my front step one night having a cig, something clicked. It came to me that all the time I was searching for evidence that God existed, he was giving it to me. I had just chosen to ignore it in my arrogance. I realized what I was doing and where I was headed and I didn't like it. That is the moment that I became a Christian. I had a very personal conversation with God that night. I confessed my problems and sins, told him how thankful I was for what he had given me, and asked for his help to straighten my life out. From that point on, my life has changed tremendously. The lord has blessed me with a great family, a wonderful home, a steady job, and some great friends. I'm also happy to report that 5 years later I am still with my wife and our marriage has never been stronger. She has always been a Christian, and was very understanding of my previous position but still tried to show me the way. I started going to church with her and have been learning a lot. We attend a non-denominational church that is focused on teaching Bible docterine. Our pastor often cites the original Hebrew, cutting out most of the 2000 years of human twisting and shaping (often done for personal gain). Some of those questions from younger years have been answered, some still remain. I have faith that those remaining questions will be answered in time as I become more familiar with His word. I'm still not a perfect Christian, nor will I ever be I'm afraid, but I will continue to place my faith in Him.

I guess I could keep going and address some of the points I've seen posted before me but....
    Let's just say that I am happy to be a Christian and glad I can share that with some of you.
    This is a great post, thank you for taking the time to share it with us.

I am far from a model Christian. I have always believed in God. I have not always believed in man, or men that use God's word for their own gain. The fact that people do this really turned me off to organized religion very early in my life.

Yep, putting up a forum about religion and politics was a risky choice, but I felt that we all were up to the challenge. These subjects are a very real part of our lives and frankly I figured it was silly to try to stay away from the subjects simply because it might cause some contention between members.

The xjtalk staff sets the tone for this site, and as Steve 4.3LXJ has already stated it's one of tolerance. Not for politically correct reasons, but to allow people to talk about things they find important and the chance for the rest of us (I'm really talking about me here) to learn something new.

You really don't learn if you just interact with people that think just like you do.

Chats

Oh, don't take it as if I had a problem with this section being here. I was just suprised... in a good way.

Chats

I also believe that tolerance is the key and that some people do use Christianity for personal gain. My thoughts are simple, "organized" religon isn't a bad thing but the most important thing is to have a personal relationship with Christ. BY doing so you find that all the things most find negative will vanish.As a Christian I am far from perfect but I have my savior and know that he is with me guiding my steps so I'm good with that. I am blessed to have Christian friends to help me along the way and to fellowship with.I also think that this section has and will help alot of people through some rough times, without being preached at. God Bless us all !!
    Aint got no whistle, don't belch out smoke, but my V10 aint no joke !!!

Chats

Oh, don't take it as if I had a problem with this section being here. I was just suprised... in a good way.
    I didn't take anything yo said in a negative way. I just took an opportunity to express the position of the forum. This is an OK place for Christians to hang out and be recognized as such. We may have some differences on specifics of what we believe, but that is not a bone of contention. On the other hand we have many things that bring us together and that is our strong point.
    230 hp 4.3L Chevy
    Built 4L60E with manual lockout
    Atlas 4 speed
    Griffin radiator
    On board air
    Warn 9.5ti on custom bumper
    7.5" RE front and bastard pack rear on custom long arms
    30 gal gas tank
    lockers
    And a bunch of other stuff

Chats

I didn't.

LizardRunner is offline Level: Uber Jeep Cherokee Trailer Queen
    Chats

Guess I'll chime in to this interesting discussion. These are my observations after 47 years of traveling to many different religion's churches for services, going to Jesuit Seminary, and being a spirit walker for my nation; Nakota or Hohe or Assiniboin. First, I have noticed that all the "major" religions share a belief in a creator of all things, exist for the purpose of controlling the followers and desire to smite all who oppose their specific docterine. Second, All these religions seem to state that it is good to take care of all those in need. Third, Each religious sect seems to think they are the one true path, and will argue that point to death, even though they all profess to believe in the same creator of all things. Fourth, I have yet to find any one, man/woman/preacher/priest that can definatively say they know the true words of the creator, without placing any personal thougths within what they say is from the creator. Fifth, those that put on the airs of Knowing the creator are usually the first to break the laws of "G_D" that they so vehemently say all should follow. And I could go on and on and on.

I follow the ways of the creator of all things. I care for all those creatures that are in need. I care not what you say you believe or don't believe, for words are hollow like the rotted log. If you need help, ask and I will give it, without any attachments or expectations. You are my friend, until you show me you are my enemy. If you wrong me, I will forgive your transgression but I will never forget it. I live in the wonder of all things made by the creator, I offer the smoke of cedar and sage, for all those I know, for all those I have never met, for all creatures, and for those who have passed into the spirit world or are soon to be there. I wake with a prayer, give thanks for every meal, and go to sleep with a prayer. I do not expect an easy life, for life is our test before the day of judgement by creator. When I stand before the creator, I want to be able to hold my head high, look into creator's eyes and be judged as one who led the life expected.
    Last edited by LizardRunner; 02-21-2012 at 07:58 PM.
    2004 4.7v8HO WJ OMG, it's RED , Green bits are now under the hood. Loving the F/R Lockers and D44's. RIP 2011 Lil Ric and Gordo. RIP 2012 Jessie RIP 2013 Kat. RIP 2013 Ed . Lizards can always climb but sometimes they loose their tails to get away. The true patriot will stand beside the soldier when the time comes to fight Now building Asnikiye heca (Buzzard's Roost) homestead farm. My road is my wheeling trail

Chats

I would like to chime in... I am a Christian, and I'm proud of it. I respect all other religions. I had a couple of guys come to my house wanting to talk religion with me. Of course, I was opposed to the idea, because I dislike conflict and I didn't want to be in the position of having to nod my head along with stuff I may not agree with. They asked me the question what I thought happened when we die? I said that I believed in Heaven and the afterlife. I believe in spirits and that we can be visited by them. Apparently, their religion believes that absolutely nothing happens when you die. That you just... cease to exist. After about 3 minutes of us talking, I got them to respect my belief. I told them that I didn't expect them to believe what I do, but to please respect my belief as I respect theirs. That, to me, meant a great deal to me. We all three shook hands, and wished each other well as we parted ways. I felt such a warm feeling after that.

Chats

Im a member of UCORA which is a Christian based off roading club
    whuc is United Christain Off Road Alliance
    UCORA.ORG
    You gotta learn to walk before you can crawl!

92 XJ
    dana50 front locked
    dana60 rear locked
    5.13 gears
    cowl snorkel intake
    37 boggers
    best mod yet... God has given me permission to wheel!

Indiana, just across the river from Louisville KY
    Chats

Quote Originally Posted by XJ4IV View Post
    Im a member of UCORA which is a Christian based off roading club
    whuc is United Christain Off Road Alliance
    UCORA.ORG
    Hey that's cool. I wheel with some of the guys that frequent UCORA. I'll probably see you over there too.
    Doug

Chats

This is a great thread!!! I am a moderator on the second largest Corvette site on the Internet and there have been some discussions like this but we always ended up having to close the thread or junkyard it because the discussion would get out of control. I see this thread has been here for a couple of years which shows the unique character of this site. Thanks to the Admins and Mods of this site that keep this on track!! I am really glad I found this place!

I am a Christian, grew up in a Christian family. I accepted Christ as my Savior on 15 March 1970 when I was 12 years old. When I was 20 years old, I lost 5 close friends in 5 different freak accidents. I started to wonder when my time was and how it was going to happen. In 1979, I ended up hitch hiking/backpacking through Europe in search of the meaning of life. I found my way to a place in Huemoz, Switzerland called L'Abri. This is a Christian Philosophical school open to everyone who wants to spend the time searching and talking with other people about life. I was there for 3 months and found some answers that I needed and a new direction for my life. Much longer story short, I came back home, went to college and earned my Bachelors of Science in Video Production/Engineering. At first, I worked for Christian organizations, one of which was Second Baptist Church in Houston. I designed and built their Broadcast Video Productions system. I was on their staff for almost 15 years. When I left there, I knew I would not work for a church again, but be a living witness where ever God placed me. I now work at Boeing in Houston as a video tech in support of NASA Operations. I love what I do and would not change a thing.

How I ended up here on XJTalk, my daughter is a student at Baylor and owns a '97 XJ. She was on her way home for Spring Break when she was involved in a multi-vehicle accident. She really had angels watching over her since she had no injuries other than being really sore for a few days from the airbags hitting her. The State Trooper told me she stopped 15 feet from going into head-on traffic. My heart almost stops to think about what could have happened. She asked if I could fix her Jeep which I said I would do my best. That is how I found this place.

So good to be here on this site that has high standards and good character!
    www.bigdoggarage.com

The re-build of Kermit: Kermit, '97 XJ

Chats

Glad I found this one!

Nate
    <><
    Nate<><

Chats

I am a Christians, God is Awesome!
    6.5'' Rough Country lift, 35x12.5x15 BFGoodrich M/T's, 15'' Cragars Beadlocks, Rusty's TBS, A.A. SYE, Optima (red top) Battery, CB Radio w/5'' Fire Stick Antenna, Flowmaster Super 44 Dual Custom Exaust, 4 Cheep 2'' Bumper Lights, Custom Front bumper /w Stinger, Yakama Bike Rack, Garmin GPS, Kenwood 6.5'' Indash Radio, 4 6.5'' Kenwood Speakers, 12' Alpine Type R Sub In Custom Jeep Enclosure, Alpine mono Amp, Ect.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234