Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: im back with another xj!!!

Default im back with another xj!!!

sold the mustang and picked up another xj.

got a rockn deal on it. 1700 bones

the good: no rust, paint is near perfect, 1 small dent behind the rear quarter window, everything works perfect, has some kind of 4ish " lift, and he inlcuded a set of decent 31x11.5x15 super swamper tsl's.

the bad: drives like sh!t!!. Def needs a adj. track bar, steering stabilizer is stock and leaking/wore out, rear leafs are the flattest ones i've ever seen (they used blocks in the rear) and sway bar end links are m.i.a on the front. lol oh yeah, rear doors were stuck shut. Got dude to come down 100 since he didnt tell me about it and i didnt even think about checking. They now open and close fine, stupid child safty lock bs.

But this thing is super clean, runs and shifts good and transfer case works great.

so there it is. getting ready to order some soft 8's for the tsl's and all the other parts i need to make it stable on the road.

ill get better pics whenever it stops raining but heres a crappy cell phone shot

sweet deal and good looking too,the xj that is
    1996 classic -4.0 - NP231j with OMIX SYE with Tom Woods Drive Shaft - HP D30 - C8.25 - 3.55 Gears - 6.5 RC lift - M/T 35x12.5x15 Baja Claws On M/T Black Signature Series Wheel 15x10 cast Aluminum -Rusty Front Prerunner Bumper - Smittybelt RXC8 8,500LBS in Front and Champion 10,000LBS in Rear - Custom Rear Bumper - Iron Rock Off Road OTK Steering - Cut Fenders- Crystal Clear H/L Housing with 8K HIDS - Bed lined Rockers and Quarters-

WE LIVE IN THE LAND OF THE FREE BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE

I like it. Welcome to the late 20th century.

sweet looks good but it could use some new tires. looks good though.
    01, Tera Flex 6" long arm kit, jks quick disco's,jks bar pin eliminators, Fox 2.0 shocks I won for 5 bucks, Tom woods Sye with rear drive shaft, Tera flex rear disc brakes, custom front bumper, customer rear bumper, rage roof rack. H4 head lights, k&n intake and cone, black steelies with 285x75x16 retreads, metal gas skid. Finally I have a nice jeep no more pos.
    .,=====o00
    //___l__,\____\,___
    l_--- \___l----[]lllllll[]
    _(o)_)___(o)_)--o-)_

he gave me a set of 31x11.5x15 super swamper tsl's that are decent and im ordering some soft 8's tonight.

Nice looking jeep, congrats again!

Looks great xjrob,Good for you,I have to admit there in nothing like having a XJ. I love the color...........
    1996 XJ Sport-RE 4.5" & Daystar BB netting about 6"s..Adjustable Upper & lower control arms..HD adjustable track bar...RE Mono shocks...Mojave teflon rims w/BFG 32x11.50 KM2s...RR SYE & CV shaft combo...Treck's steering frame brace and M.O.R.E. Brace...Kargo master roof rack w/home brew light mount...Home brew snorkel w/K&N filter...Yaesu 857 & Galaxy DX99V CB radios...DeTours Backbone and Tailbone system...8000 lb winch....

Love the color! Alot of luck with it!
    Dave

Trail Rig: 2000 XJ, Built & Caged

Welcome back to life man. good looking start point you picked up don't let this one go hu!!!
    Im surprisingly comfortable with it.

What are your plans for it????
    Hey bubba get your hand off my ass,

Some days it is just not worth it to gnaw through the leather restraints.

R.I.P. Brian 96_XJ Perrine 1990-2011

Only plans for right now are to get the parts on that ordered and the tsl's on. As money allows going to replace the flat rear leafs, then go with diffrent front springs. By next spring i hope to be sitting on 33's.

Tomorrow night im going to start bedlining the floors, then some time this coming week cut the front fenders and cut and fold the rear.

haha not letting this one go. If i even think about it u guys can each punch me in the... well u know lol

Looks good love the color. Keep those pics comming

thanks guys.

Really havnt had a chance to work on it that much. i did bedline the floor boards though.

My soft 8's came in today so ill get the tsl's thrown on tomorrow and the rest of my stuff will be here tomorrow.

Hopefuly i find some time before friday to cut my fenders and cut and fold the quarters. As soon as i get that all done ill post up some new pics. LOL oh yeah, i will be taking off the lights on the roof rack too.

got the soft 8's and tsl's thrown on it. These things are pretty wore but i was impressed with them just taking them down my back yard.

Got one fender trimmed. Reallyx100 wish i didnt take the flares off yet and start trimming. I have enough room for now to run the flares but i guess sh!t happens. Less work to do when i go 33's.

Got my stabilizer and quick disco's thrown on last night. All that i really need to do now is trim the other fender, going to go ahead and cut and fold the rear, Take the lights off the roof and plug the hole the drilled for the wiring in the roof (idiots), and put on my c4x4.com tow hooks when they come in. Im going to roll with whatever lift is on it for now until i get some loot for something better. It doesnt flex that great i guess because of the short shocks . But it doesnt look bad and runs good.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast