Thread: Steak lovers receipes

Default Steak lovers receipes

Here is what I do to a steak to make it awesome!

you have to get a good extra virgin olive oil and a good zip lock bag. Place one steak per bag and add 1/2 cup of olive oil per pound into the bag. kneed the bag until the steak is coated and fridge it for 2+ hours.(do not over night this!!!)
    Take the steak out and place on a plate covered in a few napkins and use a few more to lightly pat the steak till it is simi dry on the outside(dull in appearance not shiny)
    Now move the steak to a container(not a baggy and apply some Chicago steak seasoning to it and put it in the fridge for at least 30 min.(great time to get the grill started)
    This is how I prep my steak and it blows a steak house of the water! And remember in decreasing order from best to worst. New york strip, rib eye, top sirloin. But this doesn't mean top sirloin is bad because my method makes it top top sirloin.

Tip, if you can never throw the steak on the grill and cover and leave it. If you do need to cover it do so but for no more than 5 min closed to 3 min open. You fire will start to cool off more than you know and all you'll be doing is drying out the steak. Open faced grilling is always preferred with the coals(no gas you lazy bastards!!!) pushed off to one half of the pit.
    Last edited by reddragon72; 09-11-2013 at 11:34 AM.
    Off road enthusiast's are not the ones killing nature, it's new sub-divisions, businesses, and strip malls.

07Negative is offline Level: Uber Jeep Cherokee Trailer Queen

Default Re: Steak lovers receipes

For the last step. Instead of leaving it in the fridge for 30minutes. It would be better to leave the steak out on the counter top so that it comes to room temp. Cooking cold meat is a no no in culinary. Cold to heat makes the meat tighten up. Room temp allows it to be more tender when introduced to heat.

Default Re: Steak lovers receipes

I do a similar thing with the steaks residing Ziplock containers.

I also do the trick of sealing the cooked steaks up in the WASHED Ziplock containers (usually with a pat of my herb/garlic butter on each steak) for the few minutes wait until everyone has gathered at the table, got their drinks, etc. Everyone swears this makes the steaks even better and more tender.

So, I keep doing it. YMMV.
    2003 WJ Daily Adventuremobile
    1985 MF 250 Tractor (Fixed!!!)
    1999 XJ (in pieces in the driveway)
    1991 Explorer (Cracked Heads)(Stock, for now )
    1989 F150 (In progress-Blown freeze plugs)
    2003 Explorer 1.5" body lift, F150 towhooks, rare OEM skidplates, 265/70-16 Cooper Discoverer AT3's
    1979 K20, (in pieces in the yard) 350, NP465, NP205, Custom Rust Patches
    1970 C30 (tires tore open by bushhog)