Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Gun laws

07Negative is offline Level: Uber Jeep Cherokee Trailer Queen
    Chats

Default Gun laws

I'm going to post everything I find that has credibility to it of course. I'm not sure why CA has to lead the way, but it does rank pretty high on crime compared to other states as a whole. And we have only a few cities that rank high nationally. Of course there's Oakland, Stockton, Sacramento, & L.A. Feel free and add to it.

http://reason.com/archives/2013/09/0...ppery-gun-cont

Chats

Default Re: Gun laws

when I see my parents this weekend I'm going to take them out to dinner and thank them for moving from cali to texas when I was young. Texas laughs at cali laws
    91 Cherokee RC 4.5 long arm lift ECTED locker in the front Lock Rite locker in the rear Warn front and rear bumpers with 8000lb Warn winch sliders Skyjacker shocks and disconects exterior paint orange/black Rinoline. Roof rack with KC lights. SADLY GONE BUT WON'T BE FORGETEN But hay there is still a XJ in the family

97 TJ 6" Super Lift lift 2" body lift 37x13.5 tires front and rear OX lockers full roll cage custom made f/r bumpers and sliders made by AAE Customs 8000# Ramsey winch with Kevlar rope and a sound system that can make you ears bleed

Chats

Thankfully, I'm not a native Ca kid. I'm sure cali was great once upon a time ago, but I'm only 33. So I'm sure it was before my time. There are plenty of states following CA lead with gun control. NJ and NY I hear suck and so does Mass, CT, and RI.
    If anyone else can tell me though. Do you have the 10 day "Cool down" period? Where you have to wait 10 tens after purchasing your firearm to pick it up. It's everything from shotgun to .22lr. It's insanely stupid!

Chats

Quote Originally Posted by 07Negative View Post
    Thankfully, I'm not a native Ca kid. I'm sure cali was great once upon a time ago, but I'm only 33. So I'm sure it was before my time. There are plenty of states following CA lead with gun control. NJ and NY I hear suck and so does Mass, CT, and RI.
    If anyone else can tell me though. Do you have the 10 day "Cool down" period? Where you have to wait 10 tens after purchasing your firearm to pick it up. It's everything from shotgun to .22lr. It's insanely stupid!
    I lived in cali from the late 50,s to the early 70's and it was a cool place to live. altho I was just a kid then(moved when I was 16) I think texas doe's have the 10 day law for hand guns
    91 Cherokee RC 4.5 long arm lift ECTED locker in the front Lock Rite locker in the rear Warn front and rear bumpers with 8000lb Warn winch sliders Skyjacker shocks and disconects exterior paint orange/black Rinoline. Roof rack with KC lights. SADLY GONE BUT WON'T BE FORGETEN But hay there is still a XJ in the family

97 TJ 6" Super Lift lift 2" body lift 37x13.5 tires front and rear OX lockers full roll cage custom made f/r bumpers and sliders made by AAE Customs 8000# Ramsey winch with Kevlar rope and a sound system that can make you ears bleed

Chats

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeXJ View Post
    I lived in cali from the late 50,s to the early 70's and it was a cool place to live. altho I was just a kid then(moved when I was 16) I think texas doe's have the 10 day law for hand guns
    Not if you have a CHL, walk in, walk out.

Chats

If you want to talk about a true Federal gun debate then we are talking about amending the Constitution.
    US Army 2005 - 2014
    US Army Reserves 2014 - Present

2001 XJ Limited 4dr I6 Auto.

"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here!"

Capt. John Parker, Lexington militia

nickyg is offline Level: Uber Jeep Cherokee Trailer Queen
    Chats

In North Carolina you have to apply for a hand gun permit with the sheriffs dept. That takes a few weeks to go through then you can buy your gun. Most guns shops will run the paperwork for you. then when your approved you can pick up your gun.

Thereís no wait on most Rifles and shotguns just walk in and walk out. Itís been many moons since I bought a gun. Iím not sure how it is now.

Itís not uncommon in the smaller towns to see an old timer walk down main street with a 6 shooter strapped to his hip. Of course that donít fly in the city where all the liberal wackos seem to congregate
    One more part and I'll have a new Jeep

Chats

In Va. you walk in with 2 forms of ID for handguns shotguns and rifles, 3 forms of ID are needed for "assault type" rifles and shotguns. 10 min. background check then out the door.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

Chats

Quote Originally Posted by ArmyGuy45 View Post
    If you want to talk about a true Federal gun debate then we are talking about amending the Constitution.
    This is true. I wonder if the national back ground check would require amending the constitution?
    Funny little tid bit. George W Bush had the most amount attempts to amend the constitution in our countries history. With some 2,200 attempts. I read it in a book I have. But I'll try to find an online source as well.

Chats

Quote Originally Posted by 07Negative View Post
    This is true. I wonder if the national back ground check would require amending the constitution?
    Funny little tid bit. George W Bush had the most amount attempts to amend the constitution in our countries history. With some 2,200 attempts. I read it in a book I have. But I'll try to find an online source as well.
    Both sides really do suck, dont they?
    US Army 2005 - 2014
    US Army Reserves 2014 - Present

2001 XJ Limited 4dr I6 Auto.

"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here!"

Capt. John Parker, Lexington militia

bad luck is offline Level: Uber Jeep Cherokee Trailer Queen
    Chats

Guns are great to have, but it's so hard to find ammo. I think the government is stockpiling all the ammo. They don't want us to buy it, and that is why the price is so crazy high. Everytime I go into a Walmart I check to see if they have 22lr and they're always out.

Chats

Like I've stated before. DHS had more ammo than you can imagine. Here are a few links. One of which many ppl don't find credible, but some times I do.
    1) http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2013...long-iraq-war/

2) http://www.infowars.com/dhs-purchase...of-ammunition/

Regardless. I think there's truth to it, no matter what the numbers are. And thus is why I don't under stand how any American based company could supply the gov vs the citizens. Is it the money? If so, that makes them just as much of a welfare recipient as my neighbor w 4 kids and no job.

Chats

I would like to add that as of this past Thursday. I got my 5 female to become a firearms owner. This latest one still has to take some courses like the previous. But I enjoy knowing I converted anti gun people into owning and actively shooting. I always encourage them to take some courses for everyone's safety but also for the new owner.

Chats

Quote Originally Posted by ArmyGuy45 View Post
    Both sides really do suck, dont they?
    In my eyes. Not really. I do understand the need to adapt with change. But at what point do we or these politicians stick to core values? Seems like they (gov) would like to scrap everything & start a new. And I'm sure if they had the chance. We'd become a social democracy (think Norway). Which I swear is the way we are heading.

Chats

That is their plan
    230 hp 4.3L Chevy
    Built 4L60E with manual lockout
    Atlas 4 speed
    Griffin radiator
    On board air
    Warn 9.5ti on custom bumper
    7.5" RE front and bastard pack rear on custom long arms
    30 gal gas tank
    lockers