cpttuna is offline Level: Uber Jeep Cherokee Trailer Queen
    Chats

Default Front license plate holder

Today I made a front license plate holder for the recently acquired 98 XJ. This is the 6th one I have made and they have all been a little different. This has been because of usually what is available in the scrap stainless pile and whether The jeep will have driving lights or not. I took the grill guard off to brush away the bugs on the trans cooler and noticed a place on the frame were I could screw the holder to the frame. I decided to go this route as the one pic shows. If I decide I do not want the holder anymore, I just remove 4 screws and you can't tell it was even on there.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 305aaa.jpg   307aaa.jpg  

308aaa.jpg  

Chats

Default Re: Front license plate holder

Looks nice…I don't run a front plate on mine. Haven't found a good way to mount it with out tearing it up.

Chats

I have a homemade tube bumper and I just zip tie it to the bumper. When I head off the beaten path I simply cut the zips and then reattach with new ones once I head home.

Remember Texas is a front plate state and it must be mounted on the most forward part of the vehicle.
    Off road enthusiast's are not the ones killing nature, it's new sub-divisions, businesses, and strip malls.

Chats

Quote Originally Posted by reddragon72 View Post
    I have a homemade tube bumper and I just zip tie it to the bumper. When I head off the beaten path I simply cut the zips and then reattach with new ones once I head home.

Remember Texas is a front plate state and it must be mounted on the most forward part of the vehicle.

I've always said I'll mount it when I get ticketed for not having it. 6 years later, still haven't been ticketed for not displaying it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk