Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Chats

Default Getting to know NW Region

Just to get things going on the NorthWest Region lot people know who you are and were you are. That way we can maybe get to gether for some runs.
    To start I'm gary63 in the eastside Washington in the area call Tri-city made up of Richland ,Kennewick, and Pasco mostly sand rocks and mud. Ok it starts

Chats

Default Re: getting to know NW Region

I'm from grand ronde. About 35 miles west of salem. mostly do some trails and mud not to far from the house. I've been out to sandlake a few times. I'm really wanting to go to browns camp on I think its hwy 6 as soon as I get lockers and maybe upgrade my axles

Chats

Default Re: Getting to know NW Region

Great to have a NW on the clicker up here in Gresham east Portland -we have everything except sand but that's only 90 minutes away-
    92warwagon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Chats

will we have sand small rock and mud but you have to watch out for the mud some you do not want to go though it is run off from some of the farms and ranches. PU! then you wash your jeep with lemon juice. But only 2 to3 hr drive to some nice trees.

Chats

Quote Originally Posted by gary63 View Post
    will we have sand small rock and mud but you have to watch out for the mud some you do not want to go though it is run off from some of the farms and ranches. PU! then you wash your jeep with lemon juice. But only 2 to3 hr drive to some nice trees.
    Nasty we go to hills we have some designated trails in the coast range and SE of portland there are some jeep clubs such as NAXJA that have put a lot of time on up in the mountains very cool trails

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Chats

ya I'm hopping now I got most of the stuff around the house done I can start on the jeeps the garage is stocked with parts and the wife is wanting to go camping and on trail so she is asking what do I need for the jeeps.hope she doesn't look in side and see I may get 1 or 2 more things

Chats

I'm in Salem. 5 minutes to the country, 45 minutes to the mountains, hour to the beach, 90 minutes to the high desert. Hoping to set up a Browns Camp run this fall once the fire danger drops off. I'm also part of a couple 4x4 groups in Salem, links in my siggy.
    "Don't take life so seriously, nobody gets out of it alive." -George Carlin

Chats

were is this browns camp and what are the stander (locker skid lights mud tires sand tires) what is needed?

Chats

were is this browns camp and what are the stander (locker skid lights mud tires sand tires) what is needed?
    It's about an hour west of Portland. People call it Browns Camp but that's pretty much just the camping and staging area, it's really the whole Tillamook State Forest. There's trails in all degrees of difficulty. You don't need anything depending on what trails you take on, but most people agree it's a smart idea to have recovery gear, a shovel, axe, and fire extinguisher. Here's a trail map I found on the Forestry Department site. http://www.oregon.gov/odf/tillamooks...s/tsfohv09.pdf
    Last edited by toebee97; 08-21-2013 at 06:54 PM.

Chats

I'm from western Idaho, about 35 minutes from Ontario, Oregon. But I go to La Grande, OR and Moses Lake, WA pretty frequently.

Chats

thanks I'm just finish up on some skid /body armer next will be I hope a lift around 5to6.
    so hopefuly I will be ready for the NAXJA's next year and I would like to try browns camp
    if it ok.

Chats

thanks I'm just finish up on some skid /body armer next will be I hope a lift around 5to6.
    so hopefuly I will be ready for the NAXJA's next year and I would like to try browns camp
    if it ok.
    I took my XJ to Browns with a 3" lift and no armor other than my factory skid plates, a front tube bumper, and 31" all terrain tires and did just fine on the easy to moderate difficulty stuff. All of the real gnarly stuff has bypass roads for less equipped rigs. I will say that taking it up there will really light a fire under your a to build your rig lol... since I went I went up 2 more inches (5" total) and got some 33x12.50s, upgraded to an IRO trackbar, extended brake lines, and control arm drop brackets.
    Last edited by toebee97; 08-21-2013 at 07:25 PM.

Chats

Quote Originally Posted by McChoka View Post
    I'm from western Idaho, about 35 minutes from Ontario, Oregon. But I go to La Grande, OR and Moses Lake, WA pretty frequently.
    morses lake has some nice sand dunes but better have some good light or gps at night I went round in circle for around 30min. wile my friends were watching off in the dark laughing good friend you gota like them.

Chats

How did I miss the inception of THIS THREAD?!?!?!
    Well the user name says it all, and for those who listen to the podcast, you prob know me pretty well by now.
    I'm just outside of Portland, Or. but grew up all around the greater NW area,
    From the Puget Sound area clear to the southern side of Oregon.
    It's gonna be pretty cool, to see how many Northwesterners we have around here!
    5" lift, 33's. Armored, Lighted, Chipped, & Locked up Front. Soon to come: winch, gears, axle shafts, and more...
    Built Not Bought - Senior Member
    TheVoiceofJosh.com/

Chats

I'd love to see several active regions on with get togethers, etc...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast