Thread: well got a new addition to my property...

Default well got a new addition to my property...

My buddy that stays with us just bought an 87 2 door for 400 dollars. Its his first jeep and he isnt mechanically inclined so i am teaching him on his jeep. Ill get some pics of it soon. It needs to be lifted bad the leaf spring are arched the wrong way lol. But cant complain for 400
    1993 Jeep Cherokee
    6.5 in Rock Krawler long arm in the front(with 2 in poly spacers (springs sagged a bunch im sitting at 6.5 now with the spacers)
    4.5 Rubicon Express in the rear with MJ shackles
    Custom bumper with XRC-8 winch
    33in BFG M/T
    Aussie Locker(rear)
    Dana 44 rear/30 front

That's cool .
    I paid 400 for mine and I love it!
    I got about 600 in it all togather.

Ya we spent about 4 hours got it up and going tonight. Now I am going to get him familiar with wheeling it before i find him a lift and tires.
    1993 Jeep Cherokee
    6.5 in Rock Krawler long arm in the front(with 2 in poly spacers (springs sagged a bunch im sitting at 6.5 now with the spacers)
    33in BFG M/T
    Aussie Locker(rear)
    Dana 44 rear/30 front

Teach him about every aspect of the XJ that applies to an 87 so he can learn to troubleshhot it. If you know the answers then tell him but if not then post up and we will help you both through the build.
    Get him to join xjtalk too.
    Hey bubba get your hand off my ass,

Some days it is just not worth it to gnaw through the leather restraints.

R.I.P. Brian 96_XJ Perrine 1990-2011

ya i have bookmarked every XJ page that i have visited and has helped me out with my build. My jeep is an 87 also so it is all basicly the same except his is the two door. I am teaching him how to work on it and check everything. I think in a couple weekends i am going to take him to do some easy stock wheeling.
    1993 Jeep Cherokee
    33in BFG M/T
    Aussie Locker(rear)
    Dana 44 rear/30 front

i think a xj is the best first rig that you can get to learn on not to hard to do stuff to them and they have a sling of after market parts for them. wow 400 that is good. i have a locker if he has a 35 in the rear that i would sale for 150 plus shipping. it would be a great start to a good rig.
    01, Tera Flex 6" long arm kit, jks quick disco's,jks bar pin eliminators, Fox 2.0 shocks I won for 5 bucks, Tom woods Sye with rear drive shaft, Tera flex rear disc brakes, custom front bumper, customer rear bumper, rage roof rack. H4 head lights, k&n intake and cone, black steelies with 285x75x16 retreads, metal gas skid. Finally I have a nice jeep no more pos.
    .,=====o00
    //___l__,\____\,___
    l_--- \___l----[]lllllll[]
    _(o)_)___(o)_)--o-)_

ya it has the 35 but not for long... were looking at upgrading that and upgrading the vac disco 30 to a non disco type that i have laying around
    1993 Jeep Cherokee
    33in BFG M/T
    Aussie Locker(rear)
    Dana 44 rear/30 front