Chats

Default Looking to move to Odessa

Anyone live in or near Odessa? I am looking to move there in a few months and would like to know what its like there. Any help would be appreciated

Chats

Default Re: Looking to move to Odessa

Dont live there, but i can tell you what its like......HOT!!!!!!!

Chats

How hot in the summer? Is there any rivers or lakes close by? Is the town nice or a crap hole?

Chats

100's in the summer cold in the winter. It's oil and gas town.
    91 Cherokee RC 4.5 long arm lift ECTED locker in the front Lock Rite locker in the rear Warn front and rear bumpers with 8000lb Warn winch sliders Skyjacker shocks and disconects exterior paint orange/black Rinoline. Roof rack with KC lights. SADLY GONE BUT WON'T BE FORGETEN But hay there is still a XJ in the family

97 TJ 6" Super Lift lift 2" body lift 37x13.5 tires front and rear OX lockers full roll cage custom made f/r bumpers and sliders made by AAE Customs 8000# Ramsey winch with Kevlar rope and a sound system that can make you ears bleed

Chats

From what I know... many people work there as transplants for oil & Gas companies... I dont know if its a "crap hole" but its way out in West Texas

Climate info is at the link below.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Odessa,_Texas

"The racial makeup of the county was 73.69% White, 4.61% Black or African American, 0.83% Native American, 0.64% Asian, 0.04% Pacific Islander, 17.38% from other races, and 2.81% from two or more races. 42.36% of the population were Hispanic or Latino of any race" -online source

10:9 ratio of women to men
    TO ALL PRESENT, AND FUTURE, OWNERS OF RECREATION VEHICLES: may your days afield be filled with joyful and purposeful activity---but never at the expense of your fellow man, lesser creatures, the soil, woods or water.

My 96 XJ Build:My 96 XJ Build

Chats

Quote Originally Posted by prcjeep View Post
    From what I know... many people work there as transplants for oil & Gas companies... I dont know if its a "crap hole" but its way out in West Texas

Climate info is at the link below.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Odessa,_Texas

"The racial makeup of the county was 73.69% White, 4.61% Black or African American, 0.83% Native American, 0.64% Asian, 0.04% Pacific Islander, 17.38% from other races, and 2.81% from two or more races. 42.36% of the population were Hispanic or Latino of any race" -online source

10:9 ratio of women to men
    Rofl. Good job Patrick lol

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 because my microwave couldn't do it

Chats

Quote Originally Posted by Brasscatz View Post
    Rofl. Good job Patrick lol

Just the highlights LOL
    TO ALL PRESENT, AND FUTURE, OWNERS OF RECREATION VEHICLES: may your days afield be filled with joyful and purposeful activity---but never at the expense of your fellow man, lesser creatures, the soil, woods or water.

My 96 XJ Build:My 96 XJ Build

Chats

I hear he money is good driving in the oil fields, but I do not know if the heat is worth the money I would make

Chats

Meh, it's a dry heat. Not nearly as humid as us on the gulf coast. Just think... you'll get to wheel in the winter!

Chats

Quote Originally Posted by Midknight View Post
    I hear he money is good driving in the oil fields, but I do not know if the heat is worth the money I would make
    What are you looking to do?
    91 Cherokee RC 4.5 long arm lift ECTED locker in the front Lock Rite locker in the rear Warn front and rear bumpers with 8000lb Warn winch sliders Skyjacker shocks and disconects exterior paint orange/black Rinoline. Roof rack with KC lights. SADLY GONE BUT WON'T BE FORGETEN But hay there is still a XJ in the family

97 TJ 6" Super Lift lift 2" body lift 37x13.5 tires front and rear OX lockers full roll cage custom made f/r bumpers and sliders made by AAE Customs 8000# Ramsey winch with Kevlar rope and a sound system that can make you ears bleed