Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Quadcopter

Chats

Default Re: Quadcopter

Quote Originally Posted by bluedragon436 View Post
    Any updates on this beast?? Was thinking about picking up one of these kits or one of the quadcopters that I found online... This one seems pretty cool.. I just got done checking out a page on FB called Detroit Drone.. He has some pretty amazing shots he did with his quadcopter setup!!
    Battery charger came in and I charged the battery one day and flew it the next. All on video. I started working on the video and had to do something else, and haven't got back to it.

The extra battery and easily broken plastic parts came in from China.

During the flights I made the other day I didn't like how unstable and sensitive the controls were. I really need to focus on unbolting everything, putting locktite on and tightening everything back up. Then I have to get the latest flight computer software updated. From what I've read it makes it much more stable. I'm sure there will still be a fair amount of tuning I'll have to do.

I'll get the flight video up soon and you can see what I mean. I'm sure some of it is me learning how much stick to give it, but I would like it to hold a hover without input from me. Especially if I'm trying to record useful video from it.

From the other youtube videos I've seen this should be possible.

Chats

Tony, maybe this will not be useful to you, but a trick I learned in flying unstable kites is to run an anchor (windsock) off the back with lines to all sides affected. So in your case, that would be the weight of the camera perhaps on some chains to all four corners.
    230 hp 4.3L Chevy
    Built 4L60E with manual lockout
    Atlas 4 speed
    Griffin radiator
    On board air
    Warn 9.5ti on custom bumper
    7.5" RE front and bastard pack rear on custom long arms
    30 gal gas tank
    lockers
    And a bunch of other stuff

Chats

Quote Originally Posted by 4.3LXJ View Post
    Tony, maybe this will not be useful to you, but a trick I learned in flying unstable kites is to run an anchor (windsock) off the back with lines to all sides affected. So in your case, that would be the weight of the camera perhaps on some chains to all four corners.
    I have a 2nd battery that I can add which will make a big difference as well. But if I'm right, the firmware upgrade should go a long way. The flight computer has sensors that detect movement and should be able to make the platform very stable. As in put it at a flight level and position and hands off it should hover in place. Depending on the speed of the air mass that it is in of course.

prerunner1982 is offline Level: Uber Jeep Cherokee Trailer Queen
    Chats

Not sure what kind of camera if any one of these could hold, but here are some quad copters for fairly cheap.

http://www.xheli.com/rtf2.html
    1993 2 door 4x4 4.0 5 speed
    1997 4 door 4x2 4.0 auto RIP 6/6/2016
    2000 4 door 4x2 4.0 auto

Day of Dirt Adventure

Chats

Quote Originally Posted by prerunner1982 View Post
    Not sure what kind of camera if any one of these could hold, but here are some quad copters for fairly cheap.

http://www.xheli.com/rtf2.html
    Yeah that is the main place I was looking at them at!! They got some pretty decent deals...
    FORMER GREEN XJ CLUB MEMBER
    IF YOU DON'T STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS, FEEL FREE TO STAND IN FRONT OF THEM!!
    DOING SOMETHING JUST BECAUSE YOUR BUDDY DOES IT THAT WAY MAKES AS MUCH SENSE AS SHARING TOOTHBRUSHES

Chats

Same video with update at the end! (03:20 is the new stuff)

[ame]http://youtu.be/HByTTruQemA[/ame]

Chats

A few more test flights and you won't have to mow the lawn
    230 hp 4.3L Chevy
    Built 4L60E with manual lockout
    Atlas 4 speed
    Griffin radiator
    On board air
    Warn 9.5ti on custom bumper
    7.5" RE front and bastard pack rear on custom long arms
    30 gal gas tank
    lockers
    And a bunch of other stuff

Chats

Quote Originally Posted by 4.3LXJ View Post
    A few more test flights and you won't have to mow the lawn

Chats

Tony..... There was a artical in todays paper 9/15 about drones and it was mostly directed towards the type of craft you have and directed towards gov agencys using them for servalence. The FAA has rules inplace now if it has a camera mounted on it. The rules also are for civilian use. The only ones I remember are if you are taking a picture that has a person or property in it you have to have there permisson and they can not be flown with in 400 ft of a structure. Altho I don't think the FAA will inforce them un less you piss someone off. And more rules to come in mid 2014.
    91 Cherokee RC 4.5 long arm lift ECTED locker in the front Lock Rite locker in the rear Warn front and rear bumpers with 8000lb Warn winch sliders Skyjacker shocks and disconects exterior paint orange/black Rinoline. Roof rack with KC lights. SADLY GONE BUT WON'T BE FORGETEN But hay there is still a XJ in the family

97 TJ 6" Super Lift lift 2" body lift 37x13.5 tires front and rear OX lockers full roll cage custom made f/r bumpers and sliders made by AAE Customs 8000# Ramsey winch with Kevlar rope and a sound system that can make you ears bleed

Chats

So in other words, just don't let them know you are taking pictures or video of them... Just got to make sure you have a good zoom capability!! LOL
    DOING SOMETHING JUST BECAUSE YOUR BUDDY DOES IT THAT WAY MAKES AS MUCH SENSE AS SHARING TOOTHBRUSHES

oderdene is offline Level: Uber Jeep Cherokee Trailer Queen
    Chats

'91 XJ Limited | 4.0 H.O. I6 | AW-4 | NP242J | D30 | C8.25 | BFG KM2 33x10.50x15 | front winch bumper ...

Chats

That almost looks like the Brookstone Quadcopter without the blade rings on..

http://www.brookstone.com/ar-drone-q...ctList|652479p

Chats

Might be a bit fearful to reach out there... although i do get hungry enough.

Sent via messenger pigeon - i talk, he types.

nickyg is offline Level: Uber Jeep Cherokee Trailer Queen
    Chats

I could just see a bunch of homeless guys with butterfly nets. running by and getting a free lunch.
    One more part and I'll have a new Jeep

Chats

Tony, was wondering how this project was going?? If you were able to update the firmware and get it flying more stable or not?? Have been thinking about building a quadcopter which will be a bit more in-depth then the RTF I currently have been enjoying, but not quite as in depth as the one you have... Just interested to see how this one was going, as I might have to pick our brain some when it comes to the flight controller and software tweaks and such...
    Last edited by bluedragon436; 01-26-2015 at 12:46 AM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast