Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Quadcopter

Chats

Default Re: Quadcopter

Bit of a thread res, but I used to be pretty heavy into RC helicopter's (owned like 6 at one point, still have 3..or is it 4?) and have one quadcopter and a Y-copter. I would love to build one up for camera use, but I don't have a camera yet - so first things first.

Was curious if you ever had luck with yours and the new firmware for the board?

Chats

Quote Originally Posted by basicmods View Post
    Bit of a thread res, but I used to be pretty heavy into RC helicopter's (owned like 6 at one point, still have 3..or is it 4?) and have one quadcopter and a Y-copter. I would love to build one up for camera use, but I don't have a camera yet - so first things first.

Was curious if you ever had luck with yours and the new firmware for the board?
    It's still waiting on me. Just haven't sat down long enough to take it apart and put it back together with loctite.

Chats

Moved the quad to the desk yesterday. Pulled out the USB programmer, downloaded the software and the 1.6 firmware update for the KK2.0 controller.

Started checking out the frame, WOW there are a lot of missing nuts! Not much point getting the software updated (better auto leveling) until I get the frame put back together and locktite on everything!

I'd update the firmware and say "just one quick flight..." and it would probably disintegrate mid air!

Chats

aww come on Tony... you don't want to play 100+ piece pickup in your yard/neighbors yard?? Yeah, would definitely make sure you get her back together before flying again...
    FORMER GREEN XJ CLUB MEMBER
    IF YOU DON'T STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS, FEEL FREE TO STAND IN FRONT OF THEM!!
    DOING SOMETHING JUST BECAUSE YOUR BUDDY DOES IT THAT WAY MAKES AS MUCH SENSE AS SHARING TOOTHBRUSHES

Chats

I understand that completely! Same way myself.

Just got back from Moab,and my boys took some video with our Phantom 1.1.1 with GoPro on Moab Rim trail. I think it really gives a whole new perspective to trail videos, and also to the terrain.

[ame]https://youtu.be/VLO93hqVj2M[/ame]

https://youtu.be/TiCszs-jOZc

Chats

Quote Originally Posted by KMW-NWXJ View Post
    I understand that completely! Same way myself.

Just got back from Moab,and my boys took some video with our Phantom 1.1.1 with GoPro on Moab Rim trail. I think it really gives a whole new perspective to trail videos, and also to the terrain.

https://youtu.be/VLO93hqVj2M

https://youtu.be/TiCszs-jOZc
    Not meaning to thread jack... but do you guys do FPV at all on your Phantom?? Or just line of sight and have the go pro running & recording??
    DOING SOMETHING JUST BECAUSE YOUR BUDDY DOES IT THAT WAY MAKES AS MUCH SENSE AS SHARING TOOTHBRUSHES

Chats

Yes, that was FPV filming.

Chats

Quote Originally Posted by KMW-NWXJ View Post
    Yes, that was FPV filming.
    Thanks.. Been looking for a Phantom 1.1.1, but haven't had any luck on finding one that doesn't look like it's been through a war, or the person wants like original price for it... Been looking at picking up a Phantom 2 Vision + v3, that he is looking to sell, since he just bought a Phantom 3.... I am very interested in it, but the more I look into the "entry" level Phantom 3, I might just pick up one of them for a just a bit more then what he wants for his still pretty much brand new Phantom 2 (if I can't get him to come down a little bit on the price for it).. Either way, I enjoy flying the quadcopter I have currently, but it it isn't nearly as stable and enjoyable airframe to fly as the Phantom's are, and it defiantly doesn't have the camera setup like they do...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345