Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Chats

Default Re: Installed Champion oem spark plugs and check engine light came on

Quote Originally Posted by Carves View Post
    Looking at that pic ... I would probably be swap in a new thermostat.

... but its always worthwhile considering the temp sensor is faulty ... as its not an unknown issue.

Also ... if the gauge is relatively accurate ... That low a temp wont be doing your fuel economy a lot of good.
    I suppose after changing thermostat if gauge doesn't change that the sensor may be bad. I'm not sure where the sensor is or what it looks like. May even be two sensors. I don't know

Chats

One sensor located on the front of the head by the upper radiator hose
    230 hp 4.3L Chevy
    Built 4L60E with manual lockout
    Atlas 4 speed
    Griffin radiator
    On board air
    Warn 9.5ti on custom bumper
    7.5" RE front and bastard pack rear on custom long arms
    30 gal gas tank
    lockers
    And a bunch of other stuff

Chats

k thanks

Chats

Just another thought. Since you are getting multiple codes, there are two issues you might want to consider. One is bad grounds. Redo them all. Second is the ECM. But of the two, the grounds are the most likely
    230 hp 4.3L Chevy
    Atlas 4 speed
    Griffin radiator
    On board air
    30 gal gas tank
    lockers

Chats

Quote Originally Posted by Floridajeepcherokee View Post
    I seemed to have a dead battery and it's brand new so I hooked jumper cable up from battery negative post only to engine or frame and it started without jumping it. Therefore I figured out it was loosing ground. It hasn't stalled since I tightened up the ground cable.

Quote Originally Posted by 4.3LXJ View Post
    Just another thought. Since you are getting multiple codes, there are two issues you might want to consider. One is bad grounds. Redo them all. Second is the ECM. But of the two, the grounds are the most likely
    DONE already tightened 2 ground cables
    Last edited by Floridajeepcherokee; 10-31-2013 at 12:33 PM.

Chats

Gotta make sure it is clean under there too
    230 hp 4.3L Chevy
    Atlas 4 speed
    Griffin radiator
    On board air
    30 gal gas tank
    lockers

Chats

stalling and back firing became worse. One code showed up as bad ignition coil. I replaced ignition coil and disconnect battery to reset computer. Temperature is still low. I plan to replace thermostat next because temperature runs below normal operating temperature which I assume would cause engine to run rich.

Chats

Yes, it would
    230 hp 4.3L Chevy
    Atlas 4 speed
    Griffin radiator
    On board air
    30 gal gas tank
    lockers

Chats

Here is my normal temperature according to gauge
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails temp gauge.jpg  

Chats

Argghhh!!! I'm beginning to hate Jeep. I replaced ignition coil and rotor button. I put in a thermostat as there wasn't one in it. And it still backfires and stalls out.

Chats

This pos is really ticking me off. Two mechanics said nothing wrong with it. It keeps back firing and stalling out. No necessary at same time. It seems sometimes backing out of accelerator or lightly pumping it may prevent a stall. It's starting to not start right back up but will after time passes. It has stalled out after driving it for awhile and immediately when started (cold). If it were legal I would I burn it to the ground. Not getting much help here either. I'm nearly to the point I would never buy a Jeep product. There should be a class action law suit. I had to get pushed from a redlight to the store and it immediately started. WTH???

Chats

So reading through your thread, it looks like you've replaced the cat, muffler, thermostat, plugs/wires, rotor, ignition coil, etc. and you still have a backfire/stall problem. I'm wondering about the condition of your throttle body. You can pick one up from the junk yard for a decent price, or try rockauto.com for great prices as well.

I'm also wondering about vacuum leaks, O2 sensors and sensors like CPS, TPS, and their connections/wiring. One way or the other, we'll try to get this resolved for you buddy.

Chats

new codes yesterday popped up
    for accelerator pedal sensor and distributor code as well as the o2 sensor or defective cat code I previously posted. It back fired and shut off once or twice yesterday before daylight but not at all later during sunlight part of the day, 6am-4om I was running errands all day.

This pos is really ticking me off. Two mechanics said nothing wrong with it. It keeps back firing and stalling out. No necessary at same time. It seems sometimes backing out of accelerator or lightly pumping it may prevent a stall. It's starting to not start right back up but will after time passes. It has stalled out after driving it for awhile and immediately when started (cold). If it were legal I would I burn it to the ground. Not getting much help here either. I'm nearly to the point I would never buy a Jeep product. There should be a class action law suit. I had to get pushed from a redlight to the store and it immediately started. WTH???
    Whatever happened with that distributor code? If something is off with the distributor it certainly might effect the timing which could cause the backfire and stalling.

Sent via messenger pigeon - i talk, he types.

Chats

ignition coil code, after it was just changed.

Chats

Jeep shut off last night and two night. Mostly @ red lights. It seems like it worse during colder temps and wet climate i.e. cold, ice, early mornings in Florida. Last night was worse than tonight and
    I had ice on windshield yesterday. It tried to die last night at a stop sign and I placed it in neutral as it tried to die out which prevented it from stalling. I may have slightly revved accelerator. revving slightly or backing out sometimes prevents or prevents it from stalling out.

I called Auto Zone about fuel filter and was told it is 112.00 for fuel filter which is also a fuel regulator according to Auto Zone. Please help, I recently became re-employed which means I'm on job probation. I can be let go for tardiness or car troubles and attendance.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast