Thread: Easy gutter mounts for roof rack

Default Easy gutter mounts for roof rack

Howdy all, I was asked by a member of a different forum for dimensions of the gutter mounts my daughter and I made for her XJ.I thought as since I made up a few bad drawings I would share with all so anyone wishing to could make some without having to figure it out. You may want to set the inside to inside dimension where you attach the clamps on your crossbars yourself as the numbers I gave was to fit the spot on the roof I picked for the rack we had.[IMG][/IMG] [IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG] here is a couple pictures [IMG][/IMG] [IMG][/IMG] [IMG][/IMG] don't know if anyone can make sense of the scribbles but maybe someone can use it.
    Last edited by bugsjeep; 04-10-2013 at 04:43 PM.

Default Re: Easy gutter mounts for roof rack

Just a little correction. In the second drawing (the one with the "c" shaped clamp) the angle piece should be turned 180deg from what I have drawn, it will work either way I just like the look better turned over.If you scroll down to the pictures you will see the part I'm talkng about and it has the angle turned to face the way I think looks best.
    Hope someone gets use of this set-up, it is very ridged, and if you spit a piece of vac. tubing and put it on the part in the gutter and on the clamp, you get no paint damage.

just thought I should make a correction. On the second drawing you see the angle iron piece, in the picture of that part the angle is turned 180 deg. I like it like the picture. It will work either way but I did screw up and draw it turned around.
    I also wanted to say if you split a piece of vac. tube and put it on theedges that touch the paint you will get no paint damage.
    I hope someone gets use out of this ,they are very ridged clamps and hold very tight.

I tried quick reply so lets try this.
    I want to let you know the second drawing shows the angle iron piece turned 180deg from how it should be, the picture shows it as it was intended to be, it will work either way I just wanted to clarify if anyone noticed the pic and drawing are not the same.
    Also a split piece of vac. tube on the contact point will protect your paint.
    I hope someone gets use of this set-up as it is very ridge and holds tight.