Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Chats

Default Re: It's Hip To Be Square!

Quote Originally Posted by girlyjen78 View Post
    Hmm come to think of it...I think I've only made him sit through one romantic comedy! He's already talking about organizing a lift party for me...That would be super awesome!

Anyone local free in like a month or two? Hahaha!

Ok now for a semi serious question...I should probably wait to install the lift until AFTER I buy the bigger tires, right? I have 31 truck tires on there now.
    It won't hurt a thing having it lifted with the 31's. If you noticed the red TJ I was driving the 32's that we have on there look small. I'm not going to buy a new set of tires when the ones we have were fine. It's up to you but I say get the lift on there then the tires.

I'm sure Tim knows but I'd start hitting the shock mounts bolts now with some penetrating oil.

Chats

Quote Originally Posted by YJJeepacorn View Post
    Very nice! I love my Yammy alot more than my cherokee. Once I cracked and went out in him, I was addicted!
    I'm just so afraid of breaking something...

Chats

I'm just so afraid of breaking something...
    Hey, nothing wrong with breaking something... just means it's time to replace and upgrade those weak parts that do break!! LOL
    FORMER GREEN XJ CLUB MEMBER
    IF YOU DON'T STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS, FEEL FREE TO STAND IN FRONT OF THEM!!
    DOING SOMETHING JUST BECAUSE YOUR BUDDY DOES IT THAT WAY MAKES AS MUCH SENSE AS SHARING TOOTHBRUSHES

Chats

Quote Originally Posted by bluedragon436 View Post
    Hey, nothing wrong with breaking something... just means it's time to replace and upgrade those weak parts that do break!! LOL
    No I'm with her. Well if I remember correctly it's not her daily driver. If you heard the interview with her last week keep in mind that is a custom paint job too.

Chats

Quote Originally Posted by Mudderoy View Post
    It won't hurt a thing having it lifted with the 31's. If you noticed the red TJ I was driving the 32's that we have on there look small. I'm not going to buy a new set of tires when the ones we have were fine. It's up to you but I say get the lift on there then the tires.

I'm sure Tim knows but I'd start hitting the shock mounts bolts now with some penetrating oil.
    Good points! Yeah...I wasn't even going to lift it or get new tires for it for awhile since the tires I have on there are practically brand new (thanks to the previous owners) but now I've got that "want" going through my mind lol!

Chats

No I'm with her. Well if I remember correctly it's not her daily driver. If you heard the interview with her last week keep in mind that is a custom paint job too.
    Nope, it isn't my daily driver...I bought it for fun, mainly bought it for riding around town on the weekends, throwing my mountain bike onto the back of it and hitting up some trails (the mountain biking sorts) and taking it to the beach during spring/summer...Still think it needs a little more of an aggressive stance for all of that, though

Chats

Good points! Yeah...I wasn't even going to lift it or get new tires for it for awhile since the tires I have on there are practically brand new (thanks to the previous owners) but now I've got that "want" going through my mind lol!
    The lift changes the look of the vehicle, and it's so nice sitting up high and being able to see all around you. Especially in traffic.

I suspect the lift will be easier on a YJ since it uses leaf springs front and rear. No coils to compress, other than the shocks and the transfer case drop it should be pretty easy.

Chats

Dont worry about breaking it. There is nothing you can break on it that cant be fixed. And its easy to wheel em without breaking them, although im probably not the best example of that. Once you get ready to lift it, im sure we can get it done.

Chats

Quote Originally Posted by bigjim350 View Post
    Dont worry about breaking it. There is nothing you can break on it that cant be fixed. And its easy to wheel em without breaking them, although im probably not the best example of that. Once you get ready to lift it, im sure we can get it done.
    Right! I'll just try my best not take Big Jim's route! You guys are awesome! I can supply lots of beer, food and music and maybe a little bit of comedy relief. And of course, I'd be wrenching alongside the best of you all!

Chats

does the YJ have the 4 banger or 6?

Chats

So get which ever lift "brand" you like but since I was looking up some 4.5" long arm kit for another member, and I have never looked at a YJ lift, I found that RoughCountry has a 4" lift for the YJ

http://www.roughcountry.com/jeep_yj_4.php for 449.95

What I really found interesting is they have a 5.5" lift for the YJ, drum roll please... 74.95!!! Ding! Ding! Ding!

What's the catch? You have to weld it on. I think I've heard about this long ago but forgot about it. Basically you cut off the spring mounts on the axles and add these, the one's you buy for 75. They are welded to the top of the axle tube giving you 5.5" of lift. Personally I'd rather get the new leaf springs, but I guess you could do both.

Chats

Quote Originally Posted by Metlic53 View Post
    does the YJ have the 4 banger or 6?
    It has the 6 Actually, you all should be happy as come to find out when I was repairing the A/C I found out the motor is actually the Cherokee motor. The A/C compressor is different between the two so that was a bit of a PITA! Haha.

Chats

So get which ever lift "brand" you like but since I was looking up some 4.5" long arm kit for another member, and I have never looked at a YJ lift, I found that RoughCountry has a 4" lift for the YJ

What I really found interesting is they have a 5.5" lift for the YJ, drum roll please... 74.95!!! Ding! Ding! Ding!

What's the catch? You have to weld it on. I think I've heard about this long ago but forgot about it. Basically you cut off the spring mounts on the axles and add these, the one's you buy for 75. They are welded to the top of the axle tube giving you 5.5" of lift. Personally I'd rather get the new leaf springs, but I guess you could do both.
    Yep, I am going with the Rough Country 4" lift. Seems to be a great price and value for the lift and several people I've talked to are happy with it And, no welding for me! Hahaha!

Chats

Tires sell on craigslist around here fairly quickly and youll get a decent price for them too.
    TO ALL PRESENT, AND FUTURE, OWNERS OF RECREATION VEHICLES: may your days afield be filled with joyful and purposeful activity---but never at the expense of your fellow man, lesser creatures, the soil, woods or water.

My 96 XJ Build:My 96 XJ Build

Chats

The above 5.5" is the plan for Carlyn's 93 YJ. Hopefully soon to be back in action...
    TO ALL PRESENT, AND FUTURE, OWNERS OF RECREATION VEHICLES: may your days afield be filled with joyful and purposeful activity---but never at the expense of your fellow man, lesser creatures, the soil, woods or water.

My 96 XJ Build:My 96 XJ Build

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast