Chats

Default What locker should I get????

IM WANTING TO GET A LOCKER FOR THE REAR END. WHAT SHOULD I GO WITH? IVE HEARD SOME EXPLORERS HAD EM???? WHAT HAVE SOME OF YOU DONE?

CHEAP IS ALWAYS BETTER LOL

Chats

Lots of the 8.8s in explorers have a limited slip rear, not lockers. The cheapest locker for the rear would be a autolocker, it just replaces the spider gears. The autolocker can be a little weired feeling on the street though. Selectable lockers are great for the street but pretty pricey. Also, if you have a d35 rear and lock it, they are prone to break axle shafts if your not careful.

Sent from my nerdy smartphone

LizardRunner is offline Level: Uber Jeep Cherokee Trailer Queen
    Chats

Default Re: What locker should I get????

The auto lockers aka lunchbox usually run around 375-450 dollar range the good old Detroit and Power trax Lock Rite Top of the cost bracket are ARB air locker, followed by; Eaton E-locker or the Auburn ECTED ( both are electric), Ox locker (manual cable) Here's a link that will perhaps help your decision process. http://www.differentials.com/new-pro...rb-air-lockers
    2004 4.7v8HO WJ OMG, it's RED , Green bits are now under the hood. Loving the F/R Lockers and D44's. RIP 2011 Lil Ric and Gordo. RIP 2012 Jessie RIP 2013 Kat. RIP 2013 Ed . Lizards can always climb but sometimes they loose their tails to get away. The true patriot will stand beside the soldier when the time comes to fight Now building Asnikiye heca (Buzzard's Roost) homestead farm. My road is my wheeling trail

Chats

all the lockers Lizard in his post are good. I have had all of them with the exception of the ARB It all depends on how much you want to spend
    Last edited by OrangeXJ; 01-31-2013 at 06:00 PM.
    91 Cherokee RC 4.5 long arm lift ECTED locker in the front Lock Rite locker in the rear Warn front and rear bumpers with 8000lb Warn winch sliders Skyjacker shocks and disconects exterior paint orange/black Rinoline. Roof rack with KC lights. SADLY GONE BUT WON'T BE FORGETEN But hay there is still a XJ in the family

97 TJ 6" Super Lift lift 2" body lift 37x13.5 tires front and rear OX lockers full roll cage custom made f/r bumpers and sliders made by AAE Customs 8000# Ramsey winch with Kevlar rope and a sound system that can make you ears bleed

LizardRunner is offline Level: Uber Jeep Cherokee Trailer Queen
    Chats

I forgot to mention that OX now offers air and electric options. I love my OX's
    Last edited by LizardRunner; 02-01-2013 at 12:27 PM.
    2004 4.7v8HO WJ OMG, it's RED , Green bits are now under the hood. Loving the F/R Lockers and D44's. RIP 2011 Lil Ric and Gordo. RIP 2012 Jessie RIP 2013 Kat. RIP 2013 Ed . Lizards can always climb but sometimes they loose their tails to get away. The true patriot will stand beside the soldier when the time comes to fight Now building Asnikiye heca (Buzzard's Roost) homestead farm. My road is my wheeling trail

Chats

I like my OX lockers too
    91 Cherokee RC 4.5 long arm lift ECTED locker in the front Lock Rite locker in the rear Warn front and rear bumpers with 8000lb Warn winch sliders Skyjacker shocks and disconects exterior paint orange/black Rinoline. Roof rack with KC lights. SADLY GONE BUT WON'T BE FORGETEN But hay there is still a XJ in the family

97 TJ 6" Super Lift lift 2" body lift 37x13.5 tires front and rear OX lockers full roll cage custom made f/r bumpers and sliders made by AAE Customs 8000# Ramsey winch with Kevlar rope and a sound system that can make you ears bleed

Chats

will a locker out of a LP dana 30 fit into a HP dana 30 I know the gears ring and pinons won't fit but the axels will so just checking.

Chats

The answer is yes
    230 hp 4.3L Chevy
    Built 4L60E with manual lockout
    Atlas 4 speed
    Griffin radiator
    On board air
    Warn 9.5ti on custom bumper
    7.5" RE front and bastard pack rear on custom long arms
    30 gal gas tank
    lockers
    And a bunch of other stuff